Thread: Meeting people in more isolated areas

Default Meeting people in more isolated areas

I was realizing that as I live in Alaska and am pretty cut off from the rest of the country (apart from expensive airfare) how that affects meeting people. I have met a few people here but really wish I had the ability to meet many others that I think are truly awesome. I was wondering if many other people find themselves in similar situations where they may live.
    Last edited by dlninja; 29-May-2013 at 08:28.

No, most of us live in 'Merica. :-\

In all seriousness, I can honestly say that really sucks and you should consider moving. Promptly.
    I saw a movie where a kid went exploring in the beautiful Alaskan wilderness...

He ate bad berries and died slowly on an abandoned bus.

Alaska -- AB/DLs few, poison berries a-plenty.

go california! sorry to hear that. also woofwoof. the movie is "into the wild"

Thanks guys just wish someone invented teleporters soon so I can be there
    Last edited by dlninja; 29-May-2013 at 08:22.

Quote Originally Posted by huggiesboy123 View Post
    go california! sorry to hear that. also woofwoof. the movie is "into the wild"
    Lol I know! I love that movie :-) well, the first half anyway. .

Sometimes I feel a little cut off where I am in northern Michigan. The nearest Walmart is 45 minutes away, shopping mall is almost 2 hours away. Reputable car dealership is an hour away. I'm not Alaska isolated, but I think I'm more isolated than probably 80% of the US population. People in the UP of Michigan are far more isolated than me, too. My town has a Kmart, Rite Aid, Walgreens, three dollar stores, and a grocery store that charges way too much for food.

CrinklySiren

We are all spread so far apart that often times the ones right in front of us are too invisible to see. I live in south florida where "all kinds of people" are said to live, but in the 8 years of my search its only NOW that i am finding more friends and its because i decided to start going to events.... that take place about 50 miles from my location >_<.

The issue lies in the following: A lot of us arent willing or simply don't want to make contact with others, and the ones that do want to make contact are conveniently spread very far apart (sarcasm), and thats not even factoring in the idea of actually getting ALONG with the person once you meet them. You could run into your very first ABDL friend and you can hate absolutely everything about him/her.

So don't worry lol you aren't alone in experiencing this distance and lonliness, because even the ones in heavily populated areas are finding it hard to find like-minded friends, let alone ones you can actually get along with :P Make an online friend, save up money, and take a trip to visit them xD! *hugs*

Yup....! That movie is called Into The Wild, true story. I liked the movie, but sad!

Quote Originally Posted by WoofWoof View Post
    No, most of us live in 'Merica. :-\

In all seriousness, I can honestly say that really sucks and you should consider moving. Promptly.
    I saw a movie where a kid went exploring in the beautiful Alaskan wilderness...

He ate bad berries and died slowly on an abandoned bus.

Alaska -- AB/DLs few, poison berries a-plenty.