Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A question for fecal incontinent members...

Default A question for fecal incontinent members...

OK, so my fecal incontinence seems to be getting worse, rather than better.

I am sorry to ask this as it will require you guys to possibly divulge TMI, but...

How do you clean yourself up after a number two accident?

I have tried different techniques, none of them seem very easy, or is it something that comes with practice?

Here comes the TMI from me, please erase if it is too bad?...

So, what I am basically asking, is how do you guys successfully change yourselves without getting you and the bathroom in a right mess?!

Cleaning up a poopy diaper is hard, I've never have had control over my bowels so I'm use to it, but still sometimes I end up getting it all over. One thing I thing I do if I know I have a big mess is hold the sides together and slowly lower it to the floor, when it is on the floor I roll it upp and toss it, this method is not fool proof but it helps.

Hi
    Ive been doubly inco since I was 11 and it is hard and akward, if at home it can be slightly easier as you could jump in the shower but if your out like at work its takes a little while to sort out.
    If at work and im changing a messy nappy I use a disposable bed sheet, which I have under me for when I carefully remove the soiled nappy (just so nothing comes out of the nappy when taking it off) and then just go mad on using loads of baby wipes afterward tidy up and dispose.

With cloth diapers, I just change in bed lying down on a changing pad. a couple of large wipes help. In real serious cases, I head for the shower after I remove the soiled diaper.

- - - Updated - - -

Would one of those long shower type massager hoses work? The ones that are on a very long hose, then you could train Warmwater onto your behind and get the poop off.

Things are especially difficult if you have mobility difficulties. As others have said making sure everything stays in the diaper is not easy and whenever possible I take everything else off so it is out of the danger zone before untaping the pad. Wipes are good, but showering is better and a showerhead on a hose that can de hand held. Just don't look at the brown mess in the shower tray! I wonder if those new Japanese toilets that clean you with a waterjet jet might be useful. And isn't it a added difficulty that softer feces are not only harder to "hold in" but so much worse to clean up.

Quote Originally Posted by dayannight View Post
    Things are especially difficult if you have mobility difficulties. As others have said making sure everything stays in the diaper is not easy and whenever possible I take everything else off so it is out of the danger zone before untaping the pad. Wipes are good, but showering is better and a showerhead on a hose that can de hand held. Just don't look at the brown mess in the shower tray! I wonder if those new Japanese toilets that clean you with a waterjet jet might be useful. And isn't it a added difficulty that softer feces are not only harder to "hold in" but so much worse to clean up.
    I wish our bathroom was big enough for a bidet, it would really solve all the issues I have with cleaning up.

I wouldn't have a single problem if I asked Si to help me clean up, but I hope I would never HAVE to put him through cleaning up my nappy area again, it's bad enough having to ask him to apply sudocrem to sore creases that I cannot reach or even see.

Don't get me wrong, he doesn't mind doing it, it is just that I feel awful enough about everything he does, without him having to clean me up after number 2 too.

Only on the one occasion I have had to stand in the bath whilst he showers me down from behind because my accident was rather loose.. (Too much information) I hope he never has to do it again.

I can relate to this in a way when I have a tummy upset which seems to happen a few times a year. If and when it does I stand in the bath and slowly lower my padding (I hate calling it a nappy) and then fold it up and place it all in a carrier bag (without any holes) or a bread bag and then I cleam up with a flannel, rinse that out and have a good bath.

im a daily body shaver. I have noticed that in religiously shaving my anal and crotch hair, cleaning up is so much easier. if you use the clean area of the diaper to wipe a good portion of the mess away, a couple wipes should take care of It. use a changing pad if needed and be careful when taking off the diaper.

Cleaning up mess can be hard but the best way to do it is...
    Depending on the severity- put down a disposable mat. Those are the best for messes. The take of clothing, if soiled palce of the the side. If you diaper is leaking I recommend getting in the bathtub or shower before removing your diaper/pad. Then once you take of the diaper fold it so that the mess is not touching the floor or going to escape. I usually do not fold mine all the way up till after I use baby wipes it just makes for an easy place to put the used wipes. Then commence to clean up via shower, wipes, or what ever you usually use to wipe up. Then once you are clean enough that you will not get poop any wear then fold up the diaper and place in in a bag and tie it up. If you want to then shower. Otherwise just follow what you would normally do when putting a new diaper on. If there is a little mess on the pad no problem pick it up and throw it away. If poop got on the floor simply wipe it up and spray, or use some form of disinfectant cleaner.

Not to be Rude but you said you were using Pads? Seems to me that if a person was having any issues with fecal incontinence that a diaper would be the better option. I know for me it is. Pads are not good at containing a mess.