Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do like most about your favorite video game console?

Default What do like most about your favorite video game console?

Many people love their new-generation Xbox 360s, Wiis, PS3s, etc. for their graphics and quality of gaming. I still only have a PS2, and am considering purchasing a new game console. What do you like most about your console, and would you recommend it to me or anyone else considering buying one?

I only have a Wii, DS and PSP as far as new consoles go. I would recommend the Wii but theres a lack of "Hardcore" titles on it and that doesn't seam to be changing anytime soon. Thankfully Nintendo said they are working on the next Zelda but they got different teams for their "AAA" games. Its like thanks but we already figured that out and theres still nothing for us this year.

Also Super Smash Brothers Brawl's online sucks due to how it try's to connect. Mario Kart Wii is perfect at online play however.

That all said I been gaming on my PC a lot more then any of my consoles. The last time I played a Nintendo game was brain age 2 and that was for Sudoku. <_>

Anyways the best console out right now I think is the 360. It does indeed offer something for everybody I think and its a lot easier to find then a Wii.

I have a PS3 and a Wii, along with a DS and PSP. The PS3 has many awesome 'Hardcore' games with great stories and beautiful graphics. It can also play Blu-ray DVD's which of course is awesome.

The Wii is a great party console there are many multiplayer games that are a lot of fun to play in groups. Also I just recently got WiiFit and I've been doing yoga with it and improving my balance. It surprised me how well it actually works and I didn't really believe it would until my lower back actually stopped hurting me so badly.

Quote Originally Posted by kittiechan View Post
    The PS3 has many awesome 'Hardcore' games with great stories and beautiful graphics. It can also play Blu-ray DVD's which of course is awesome.
    That all depends on who you ask really and graphics are not everything. Crysis is the best looking game's ever but guess what. The plotline sucks ass and the gameplay mimics Farcry exactly. It's only useful if your one of those gamers who wacks off to photo realstic graphics.

Little Big Planet and I guess MGS4 are the only games I would really want for the PS3. All the others I want for it I already have on my PC which has better quality. Ex. Fallout 3, Farcry 2.

Well I have the wii, and a 360.
    Now it depends on what your looking for, the wii is a bit hurting for games but since your only getting one now it may tide you over until nintendo comes out with some more, but the third party support is still weak, and the online is shit. Free is not an excuse, friendcodes are stupid.

But if you go with the Wii
    Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
    Okami (though it's better on the ps2)
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Mario Kart Wii
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl
    Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure
    Super Paper Mario
    No More Heroes
    NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams

What your looking forward too
    Madworld (because platinum games, a.k.a seeds, a.k.a clover is awesome)
    Overlord: Dark Legend
    Pikmin 3
    The House of the Dead: Overkill
    The Conduit
    Unannounced nintendo first party games that will no doubt be awesome, but are a long way off

On the other hand the 360 still offers the best online service on consoles despite the cost, and has a gigantic library of triple A titles to big to name all of them

Halo 3
    Gears of War
    Gears of War 2
    Half-Life 2: Orange Box
    Grand Theft Auto 4
    Fable 2
    Left 4 Dead
    Mass Effect
    Rock Band series
    Guitar Hero series (without DLC and space to put it, these games aren't worth it on the Wii)
    Viva Pinata
    Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
    Mirror's Edge
    Mercenaries 2: World in Flames
    Lost Odyssey
    Dead Rising

The list goes on and on, as for good stuff coming out, to much to mention.

If your not hardcore, then go Wii, if you are, go 360.

I have a bunch of game systems (I collect them)...But for the current generation ones, my favorite is 360...It has a lot of games I'm interested in, and it's affordable...Also, I own one, therefore it rules

Yeah, I went with the X-box 360. The graphics are good and the games are cool. I like RP games so the 360 works well for that as there are a number to chose from. I put it through a 50" wide screen and Infinity sound system with a Polk Audio subwoofer. It works for me.

i have only wii, but if you like old retro nintendo games then wii is for you.
    I'm gonna buy a xbox360 though

I don't have one. I only have a PS2 and I only ever use it as a DVD player, except on the rare occasions I play MGS2. I don't know why but I never really got much enjoyment from it.

Quote Originally Posted by mzkkbprmt View Post
    I don't know why but I never really got much enjoyment from it.
    Same with mine...