Thread: Diaper Ordering Question

Default Diaper Ordering Question

I plan on ordering diapers from staples have it shipped to the staples store so I can easily pick them up. But when I fill out my order it asks for my billing address. I am using a prepaid visa card and I live at home. No bill will be sent to my home correct? I just never ordered online before and do not want my parents or anybody to come across my order.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Infantmess92 View Post
    I plan on ordering diapers from staples have it shipped to the staples store so I can easily pick them up. But when I fill out my order it asks for my billing address. I am using a prepaid visa card and I live at home. No bill will be sent to my home correct? I just never ordered online before and do not want my parents or anybody to come across my order.
    Wow. Staples? I didn't realize diapers were classified as office supplies now.

Anyway...

I've used prepaid cards for a variety of purchases in the past, and I've never received any kind of bill or statement. Did you have to provide your address when you activated the card or something? I don't think I ever had to do that.

It's there so you can send a bill elsewhere, for instance if you had bought a gift, you could address the gift to them, but address the bill to yourself. Though I've never had anyone send the bill separately from the package when the addresses and names match. In all mine they just include the invoice in the box. Which makes sense, why go through the trouble of mailing something separately when it's for the same person.

I guess you could email there customer service and just verify that. I would think that because the names match they would include it in the box. That seems like the most logical thing to do.

You can go to the website where you check the balance, there should be an option to set a zip code for online orders. I've done that and never received a bill, also If they want you to put an address you can just make it up :p. and rember if the order status shows up as researching call them ASAP to sort it out. And put a real phone because, if you do need to call them, it has to be from that same number. I've order from there, any questions feel free to ask

Quote Originally Posted by alex123 View Post
    You can go to the website where you check the balance, there should be an option to set a zip code for online orders. I've done that and never received a bill, also If they want you to put an address you can just make it up :p. and rember if the order status shows up as researching call them ASAP to sort it out. And put a real phone because, if you do need to call them, it has to be from that same number. I've order from there, any questions feel free to ask
    Staples verifies the address is legit and the one associated with the card so giving a fake one won't work

I've ordered from staples plenty of times, both for myself and to have stuff shipped to others and I've never gotten anything from them other than an occasional flier addressed to me personally instead of "resident".

The OP is talking about using a prepaid card (no associated address) to order diapers shipped to Staples. I think there's been some misreading.
    Last edited by Cottontail; 28-May-2013 at 05:39.

I understood just fine. Most prepaid cards have an option to add an online orders "billing" address to them, and you have to set one or staples won't accept the card. However their system doesn't just check the addresses match, they also check the address physically exists.

I didn't know they checked the address, sorry, Ive done that before and never had a problem :P. Perhaps you can order by phone and give them the card info?

If it's any worry to order from Staples with a prepaid card, the answer may be to order from someplace else. I've used prepaid cards plenty of times before, and have so far (perhaps luckily?) never had anybody fail my transaction for lack of an associated address. If you have big places like Staples near you, I'll wager you have a UPS Store, a FedEx, or something similar around and can probably order from just about anywhere and have it delivered to one of these places. Really, figuring that out is probably a good idea, since you might ultimately want to order something like Bambino or Abena diapers (which Staples doesn't sell). I've used the UPS Store in the past to take discreet delivery of diapers, and it's super easy.