Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody else under the weather?

Unhappy Anybody else under the weather?

Hello everyone, i'm in bed for the fourth day in a row with an awful flu, playing minecraft and feeling sorry for myself. Is anybody else not too well so we can give a bit of comfort to one another? Do you have any tips and tricks you use to get well again? I've heard drinking lucozade works well because of the electrolytes and the sugar to give a bit of an energy boost, but apart from that I don't really know what else to do. A bit bad really, considering I want to be a nurse in the future

I'm sorry if this isn't okay to post, this is my first time making a thread.

This is a perfectly OK post to make. I'm sorry you don't feel well. When I have flu like symptoms, I drink lots of liquids and I crave chicken noodle soup, that great cure all. For prevention, I take One A Day vitamins and an extra C vitamin and since I started getting flu shots every year, I have not missed any days off work due to a cold or flu. (knocking on wood). Get well soon!

Quote Originally Posted by zipperless View Post
    This is a perfectly OK post to make. I'm sorry you don't feel well. When I have flu like symptoms, I drink lots of liquids and I crave chicken noodle soup, that great cure all. For prevention, I take One A Day vitamins and an extra C vitamin and since I started getting flu shots every year, I have not missed any days off work due to a cold or flu. (knocking on wood). Get well soon!
    Chicken soup is great. It must be the chicken stock. For me, a lot of sleep is also necessary. I'm back to work from back surgery, but I can't do any heavy lifting, or twisting or turning until June 6th. Sleep is still good for my back healing properly. Protein is a good tissue builder, so if you have a wound caused by surgery, or other, eating eggs and other high protein sources is a good idea.

I've been sick with heaven only knows what for the past week, but thank goodness not enough to be bed-ridden. I'm trying to take the "mind over matter" approach, going on about life as usual. This included a full day of work (as the only staff!) the morning after prom. Oh well! I hope you feel better soon!(:

Thank you for the kind words! I've tried to drink as much as I can and it's mainly squash, since I'm not too fond of the taste of water myself, heavens knows why. My Aunt always says she hates drinking water because it feels like she's drowning, which always confused me. Oooh, chicken noodle soup sounds good right now, or perhaps hearty vegetable broth? It's too bad it's four in the morning, or i'd be making some right away! Thank you for the good advice.

Ooh, shots, noooo! Haha, I have a very bad fear of syringes and injections, and I can't bring myself to get any flu shots or anything like that. I was told by a nurse once that you don't have to take a flu shot because of the majority of the population will, so it'll be less likely to catch it, if you get my meaning? I'm clinging onto that theory to keep the evil doctor man wielding the syringe at bay

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry to hear about your back problem, and I hope you have a speedy and good recovery. I usually sleep a lot normally since I don't currently have a job and waiting until September to get back into full-time education, so it makes me into a koala as my other half lovingly calls me (sleeping except for when i'm eating.) I always find that sleeping longer makes for weirder dreams, or is that just me being odd? Thank you for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlebat View Post
    Ooh, shots, noooo! Haha, I have a very bad fear of syringes and injections, and I can't bring myself to get any flu shots or anything like that. I was told by a nurse once that you don't have to take a flu shot because of the majority of the population will, so it'll be less likely to catch it, if you get my meaning? I'm clinging onto that theory to keep the evil doctor man wielding the syringe at bay
    So you're on your way to being a nurse and you don't like syringes?

Maybe a tummy bug? I find those make me ill, but not enough to be bed-ridden. That's a good way to look at it, I might try that! Goodness, that must be a lot of work being the only staff, as well as having a good night before! Make sure to put your feet up soon with a nice hot drink and find something good on the TV Thank you for the kind words!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zipperless View Post
    So you're on your way to being a nurse and you don't like syringes?
    Yeah haha, that's kind of a roadblock right now, but i'm hoping when I get to it I won't mind being the 'prodder' and not the 'prodee' I'm also hoping being a nurse will desensitize me to them, right now I can't even look at pictures of them, much rather hold them!

I was gonna say chicken soup but it appears I've been beaten to it. I've been getting the flu tab for a while now and I haven't had nearly the amount of illness I used to get around flu season and as for needles, I usually watch them stick me as I'd feel weird if I didn't.

I did that once when I had my jab against ovarian cancer and I saw my arm swell up with fluid as I watched, I think that's what really made me fearful of them.

I have had this gut wrenching cough for two weeks. This has been going around my area lately. I’m finally getting over it.
    I try to take Zicam if I can catch a cold early enough. I think it is zinc. If you can catch it early enough it will knock a lot of the worse symptoms out. I don’t know if you have this in the UK.
    Chicken soup was also my Grandmothers cure for most ailments.
    Hope you are feeling better.