Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warning: be careful with toys made in china!!!

Default Warning: be careful with toys made in china!!!

This is the second time since December that we have gotten toys for our kids and when I unpack them, the "cord" that is used to secure them into/onto the plastic backing has been fuse material.

This time it was only plastic coated gray paper, but the one at Christmas was fully charged firecracker fuse. Yes fuse, with wax and smokeless black powder. My wife did not be leave me until I took her out side and lite it. When it started shooting off sparks as it burned she was very surprised.

That's really scary using fuse to tie kids toys. Did you point it out to the shop or the local trading standards ?

God that's shocking.

If there's one thing that annoys me it's cheap Chinese shit. The people who make this stuff have no pride in what the produce or concern for anyone's safety.

Quote Originally Posted by huskvarna View Post
    God that's shocking.

If there's one thing that annoys me it's cheap Chinese shit. The people who make this stuff have no pride in what the produce or concern for anyone's safety.
    Would you give a shit if you were in a factory in Guangzhou, making the cheap shit for 16 hours a day for pittance an hour?

Quote Originally Posted by SterlingArcher View Post
    Would you give a shit if you were in a factory in Guangzhou, making the cheap shit for 16 hours a day for pittance an hour?
    Of corse not, but I wasn't talking about the actual workers but the people running the factories. The ones who have no concern for the safety of their employees and use cheap materials to make bad products.

God that's shocking.

Of corse not, but I wasn't talking about the actual workers but the people running the factories. The ones who have no concern for the safety of their employees and use cheap materials to make bad products.
    My apologies, but still, like you imply, Chinese safety standards aren't exactly on par with US/UK/Australia et al, and I doubt that will change any time soon.

I don't think it's really about standards, but rather about accountability. When you receive a shipment of five million (some cheapo novelty) from China and something is wrong with the stuff, what are you going to do? Probably nothing, that's what. These Chinese manufacturers know that our hands are basically tied when it comes to holding them accountable for quality issues, and so they just don't care.
    Last edited by Cottontail; 28-May-2013 at 17:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    I don't think it's really about standards, but rather about accountability. When you receive a shipment of five million (some cheapo novelty) from China and something is wrong with the stuff, what are you going to do? Probably nothing, that's what. These Chinese manufacturers know that our hands are basically tied when it comes to holding the accountable for quality issues, and so they just don't care.
    I agree that accountability is the issue but I wonder why the shop is able to sell these products, surely fuse cannot be deemed safe to be part of a children's toy or its packaging.

::Flips notepad open with a pen:: So, where did you buy these? I'll personally see to it that their stock rapidly depletes. :P

Actually it doesn't seem that worth it just in hopes to get a small fuse.

With reservations about slander suite, but there again I lost everything three years ago to bankruptcy over medical issues. The stuff was bought at a store that rhymes hall cart.