Thread: Calling all D&D players!

Lightbulb Calling all D&D players!

Hi guys. My friends and I are starting a new Dungeons and Dragons campaign, and we need a some new ideas. When I say ideas, i mean things like boss fights, our main bad guy, and dungeons. Feel free to contribute anything you can think of though . Thanks, too all who help.

Give us something to work with here. Otherwise, you're just asking us to write you a campaign. Do you have a setting? Do you have a storyline idea? Any important characters in the world? I mean, it'd be easier for us to suggest ideas if you have something to work with.

Oh, okay. Sorry. So far, we've decided that we want a magic using only party. For instance, I'm playing a Psychic Hex User and one of my friends is multi-classing as a Striker and a class he made himself that's pretty much a Green Lantern. As for a story line, we want someone to have to reveal some dark secret of their past; like being part of a demonic cult or something. Other than that, we haven't discussed much.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielleThePoet View Post
    Oh, okay. Sorry. So far, we've decided that we want a magic using only party. For instance, I'm playing a Psychic Hex User and one of my friends is multi-classing as a Striker and a class he made himself that's pretty much a Green Lantern. As for a story line, we want someone to have to reveal some dark secret of their past; like being part of a demonic cult or something. Other than that, we haven't discussed much.
    That's probably just as well, actually. I mean, it doesn't make for a fun game if the players know the story already. That'd be like watching a movie after reading all the spoilers. As a question-are you running the campaign, or is it someone in your group?

So if you're have magic users filling out your entire party, I'd be really tempted as a GM to throw a bunch of stuff at you that can't be dealt with by magic... At first. I'd accomplish this by either having your magic be a drop in the proverbial bucket in a world saturated with magic everything or dropping you into a setting that basically evolved a defense to magic. The point would be to make it so that your magic-using party didn't just stand in the doorway of the goblin hold and fling magic at them until you won. I'd work it so that maybe you had to figure out the style or base ingredients of magic that would overcome the world's and its inhabitants' natural resistances to magic.

Anyways, I'm running short on time at the moment, so hopefully that'll get you started on a setting, anyway.