Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: coming to terms with this...

Default coming to terms with this...

I am actually quite relieved I have stumbled across this community. It is relieving to know that there are in fact others who share the same interests as me. I am a 24 year old female and I enjoy using diapers. I am even slightly embarrassed to be admitting this on here because to be honest, I wish that I didn't have such interests. This is something that I have been trying to come to terms with since I was very young. I disgusting and I have been trying to ignore these urges for a long time. But this is simply something that has always been in the back of my mind. I feel this is just a part of who I am whether I like it or not. I should clarify that I am not an AB. I only enjoy wearing and using diapers for sexual reasons. Can someone help me accept this? I just don't feel normal

What is ''normal'' anyway? It is only a set of standards society has created. Personally, I think being ''normal'' is overrated.

But what you are feeling is understandable. Like you, I have had a sexual interest since I was small. The thought of diapers, potty training, etc. fascinated me. (No wonder I liked watching Rugrats!)

But I noticed you said you feel like it's a part of you. That you recognize this is a good thing. Whether you like it or not, fetishes are usually with us for life. The sooner you accept this, and the fact that you cannot control what specific fetish you have, the better. It will help to be a member of this community, because you can see how many people are like you. And most of them lead otherwise regular lives. So know that we are here to support you.

I agree very much with everything Kimba's said.

I'm new here too, and I'm very close in age to you, as well as situation. I've had hints of knowledge about this since very young, and I've only very recently tried to come to terms with it. It's part of why I decided to join the site. I deal with feelings of guilt pretty frequently. Stuff like "Why do I have to have this interest?" and "Why can't I just be normal?"

So, unfortunately, I guess I don't have very much "direct" advice yet. But I know it's definitely not a fun mindset to be in. Feel free to send me a private message once we both move up a rank.

Once you come to terms with yourself over being a diaper lover it will be like a burden is lifted off of you. How you do that it really hard to answer. For myself, talking to people close to me helped me a lot. My best friend encouraged me to not be ashamed and embrace that part of me. My wife's feelings about being married to a diaper lover has changed over the years and after a lot of love and open communication she has come to terms with it. A lot of diaper lovers unfortunately do not get any support from peers or family and end up having no one to talk to. That is why this site is so great. Hopefully here you will learn how to not be disgusted by your love for diapers and learn to embrace the unique fetish you have.

You will find many so-called "normal" people here: teachers, firefighters, doctors, psychologists, nurses, etc., all of whom share in this hobby/fetish. As others have said, once you free yourself of the guilt of this interest, a huge burden will be lifted from you -- I recognize that doing so is tough to do. Realize that there are far worse things to be engaged in, and most "normal" people have secret guilty pleasures that make them happy. Embrace the fact that yours is an innocent one, tied to a time of innocence, which in and of itself makes this an innocent hobby. You, nor the communitive "we" have nothing to be ashamed of.

I try and think about it less like "normal vs. abnormal" and instead just call it "different". Different is not a bad thing, it's just different. Everyone is different: some people have red hair or blonde hair, some people have brown eyes or blue eyes, and some like wearing diapers and some don't. It doesn't mean you are any worse or any better than any other person. You are just different. We're all just different.

What?!!??! You wear DIAPERS? WHO DOES THAT???? jk, we ALL do. Stay awesome. Wear a diaper. :-)

I also feel this way, but i guess you just have to accept it, and enjoy it It will never go away!

Quote Originally Posted by mistyrain View Post
    Can someone help me accept this? I just don't feel normal.
    Welcome to ADISC, mistyrain!

I think that accepting an attraction to diapers is mostly a matter of time. Like a grain of sand that's somehow become lodged in an oyster's shell, it starts out irritating but eventually becomes a pearl. Everybody has a few grains of sand to cope with -- tiny things that weren't a part of the design. This particular one just happens to be socially precarious because of the general view that diapers are an unpleasant feature of early childhood, and are something to be rid of as quickly as possible. If not for this, liking diapers would be as easy as most other likes.

And, as with those other likes, this one certainly needn't define who you are. As bambinobaby mentioned, ADISC's membership includes all kinds of people, the vast majority of which would appear completely "normal" to you if you weren't meeting them on an AB/DL forum. There are many other hobbies and interests represented here, people with careers, spouses, children, etc.

Try to relax a bit and let acceptance happen. Talking with people here and seeing the above things for yourself will help with that, too.

I'm a 24 year old female who enjoys diapers as well Sometimes its sexual for me and sometimes its not. I have struggled a lot with feeling weird about it, but the longer I'm on here and know that others share it, it gets easier. EVERYone likes something "weird" but like you no one shares it with everyone. We are all werid somehow so take heart. There is no such thing as normal.