Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Traumatizing events leading to actual mental/physical regression.

Default Traumatizing events leading to actual mental/physical regression.

Well in the past 2 years many things have happened to me that have been huge changes in my life. 1 of the big one's is my mom buying a farm and moving. Which the result was me living on my own paying bills at age 16 and through 17. I was so, so, alone in that place. It was living hell, sometimes I went weeks without seeing, or communicating with anybody except over the phone at some points. I was desperately in need of attention. I feel like I'm a different person because of all those days and night's spent wishing I still had my mom, and, wishing I wasn't feeling like I wanted to kill myself.

Then weeks after I move out of the apartment, and into a much nicer place that my grandma owns *still living by myself though so it wasn't much better* my grandfather dies. This really really got to me, and I'm still depressed about it. He was more of a father to me than my own dad.

Now my boyfriend has taken multiple college courses on psychology, and has gone through units in those classes that cover regression. He told me a couple weeks ago that he has been noticing me regressing randomly, and talking to him in my "little kid" voice every now and then. He thinks its really cute, but I cant control it at all. It literally happens multiple times a day. I also get these sudden uncontrollable urges to just drop what I'm doing, and go regress no matter what. We also have chalked up the recent return of my bed wetting to regression as well.

He thinks that I'm mentally and possibly physically, regressing, its slow, but definite. He even thinks that in the next couple years (2+) I'm just going to slowly continue regressing until my minds at the age it want's to be. I didn't really believe him at first, but then he showed me research on it, and it is indeed very possible for this to occur. He even says that when I do fully regress he would still be my BF, and no matter what he will take care of me.

It just scares me that I'm starting to be unable to control when I regress. I can still fully regress at will, but now it's just happening randomly. I know for me this isn't just a fetish, this is a huge, huge part of me, and my life, but I'm just really wondering whats going on, and am seeking therapy to try to understand it more.

If anyone has anything they want to say, advice, comment, etc, feel free to do so it would be much appreciated to hear others opinions on this. Also I would like to know if anyone thinks this may be happening due to all the major events that have occurred.

~Jter42~

Are you sure the bed wetting isn't just stress related? It's kind of hard if not impossible to regression the sub-conscious level from what little I understand.

The regression stuff could also be from stress as well. Also you can't physically regress to a 2-3 year old anyhow, seriously if people could. we wouldn't have isle's dedicated to "anti-aging creams" and whatnot.

Plus I highly doubt these random regressions are anything more then trying to be cute and taking my mind off things for a split second. The only time when my regressions completely block out all the problems I know I have is when I'm tired and in bed snuggling with plushie('s). But when I wake up in the morning, all the problems wills till be there, barring some outside forces.

Also you're boyfriend is far from being a expert, and is just trying to use what he recently learned. Not all regression cases are the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Are you sure the bed wetting isn't just stress related? It's kind of hard if not impossible to regression the sub-conscious level from what little I understand.

The regression stuff could also be from stress as well. Also you can't physically regress to a 2-3 year old anyhow, seriously if people could. we wouldn't have isle's dedicated to "anti-aging creams" and whatnot.

Plus I highly doubt these random regressions are anything more then trying to be cute and taking my mind off things for a split second. The only time when my regressions completely block out all the problems I know I have is when I'm tired and in bed snuggling with plushie('s). But when I wake up in the morning, all the problems wills till be there, barring some outside forces.
    I think the bedwetting probably is stress related, but when I say physically I mean losing potty training, normal speech, and also bed wetting, would go under physical regression. My regression does block out my problems for the period I'm regressed though. I have no worries at all whenever I'm regressed, I'll even regress to get away from lifes problems, and stresses. Which I know is bad to do, but meh. It's definitly not me just trying to be cute though, I do that well enough without regression.

I... I'm sorry that this happened. This sounds really hard and I know how hard it is alone by itself to lose a close family, which has been dear to you.

However this surely proves that you're a strong individual for still going your own way, even after all this.

I know this sounds silly and dumb, but surely you're still thinking about your grandfather a lot? I mean it's nothing wrong about that... but at some point you need to let go. No way around that and it's hard... but really better in the end. Still, you can always remember him, thinking about the great time you had and that you're really thankful. Just missing him... to much is problematic.

Anyway in general there is nothing wrong about the regression by itself as a kind of coping. This has been already discussed a lot.
    Simply put, if this may be a way for you to process what happened or is happening sometimes, so as a reaction to stress.... it's not problematic, if you enjoy it and if it doesn't restrains you somehow... in my humble opinion though. This may differ from person to person, as usual ;)

But... if this is really kinda spontaneous and unwillingly of course, hmpf... to be honest I'd also look into it, if I were you.
    I have no clue about infantilism or any similar stuff, so speaking of as a kind of problem.... gently said, uhm so since your boyfriend already starts to worry and you mentioned that you're scared of this, my best advice would really be to seek some help, i.e. a therapist.

In your case I'd really try... if it doesn't help, at least it doesn't hurt ;). Perhaps you know a person who already has been with one, whom they can recommend in your neighbourhood.
    And since you mentioned that this is a big part of your life, don't be afraid that anyone would try to take this away from you. Mostly they're more supporting in this case, so that you're able to accept yourself.
    However, since it scares you... it's my best bet, so try it perhaps.

But surely a lot of other people may also have some ideas, hopefully.

best wishes!

Quote Originally Posted by jter42 View Post
    I think the bedwetting probably is stress related, but when I say physically I mean losing potty training, normal speech, and also bed wetting, would go under physical regression. My regression does block out my problems for the period I'm regressed though. I have no worries at all whenever I'm regressed, I'll even regress to get away from lifes problems, and stresses. Which I know is bad to do, but meh. It's definitly not me just trying to be cute though, I do that well enough without regression.
    No one has ever lost full control just by wearing diapers 24/7. Whenever someone claims they are IC from diaper wearing, they never back it up when questioned. So I highly, highly doubt you have to worry about needing to go back to diapers full time.

No one has ever lost full control just by wearing diapers 24/7. Whenever someone claims they are IC from diaper wearing, they never back it up when questioned. So I highly, highly doubt you have to worry about needing to go back to diapers full time.
    That's not what I'm worried about. I'm worried about getting stuck in that regressed mind state.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    There are few things less dangerous than a psychology student.
    Is that all you could come up with..?

That's not what I'm worried about. I'm worried about getting stuck in that regressed mind state.
    If you do, you'd be the first normal person I've ever heard of being stuck in mental regression. Plus again, your boyfriend has easily less then 1,000 hours of study on this sort of thing, and more then likely no first hand experience with regression other then you're own.

Also no AB/DL has been stuck in regression, if there was we would all know of the case I think.

If you do, you'd be the first normal person I've ever heard of being stuck in mental regression. Plus again, your boyfriend has easily less then 1,000 hours of study on this sort of thing, and more then likely no first hand experience with regression other then you're own.

Also no AB/DL has been stuck in regression, if there was we would all know of the case I think.
    Good point, I was just curious on others opinions on if this could occur or not.

[snipped]Is that all you could come up with..?
    It was the most relevant and concise observation I could offer in the time alotted. On the more verbose side, see a professional if you think you have a real problem. Student diagnosis from someone close to you isn't the way to go. It may be inexpensive but he has an inherent conflict of interest.