Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm back, but lifes changed.

Default I'm back, but lifes changed.

Well turned 18 two days ago, and I've decided to come back to ADISC. Ever since the 18+ rule kicked in so, so, much has happened in my life. I've come out to family and friends as being gay, got my heart broken by a guy, then found someone who put it back together. Ended up moving in with him, seeing how I was miserable living by myself since my mom pretty much left me, and he actually cares, and is there for me.

Sad thing is, in the time I was gone my grandfather who pretty much acted as my father since I never knew my dad well, died a couple weeks ago. I haven't felt the same since then honestly, I've been really traumatized by it. Life moves on though, you cant stay in the past forever..I just thought coming back, and seeking advice, and support, may be a wise idea...

Thanks for having me back...

~Jter42~

Hey there, welcome back!
    Well, where to start...

Im so sorry to hear your grandfather died, especially since it seems like youve had a great relationship.
    Its always hard to say goodbye to someone that close.
    Stay strong, and try to think of the good times youve experienced.
    Im sure you can do it!

Im glad youve found love, and had the courage to tell your family and friends about your sexuality...
    and all that without us ADISC-people... quite admirable...

Congratulations on that! ^^

Many digital hugs, and welcome back again !
    :3

Hi there! Welcome back to the site. I'm really saddened to hear how rough things have been since the policy change.
    I'm just glad you have managed and made it back in one piece! It's great that you have the courage and bravery to tell your family about your orientation, and even better that you have found someone who can be there for you. I'm sure that's an amazing feeling.

You sound like you could just use some *HUGE HUGS* right about now, hehe.

Welcome back and am sorry for the loss of your grandfather. Will be glad that you will be participating among your friends again.

Quote Originally Posted by jter42 View Post
    Well turned 18 two days ago, and I've decided to come back to ADISC. Ever since the 18+ rule kicked in so, so, much has happened in my life. I've come out to family and friends as being gay, got my heart broken by a guy, then found someone who put it back together. Ended up moving in with him, seeing how I was miserable living by myself since my mom pretty much left me, and he actually cares, and is there for me.

Sad thing is, in the time I was gone my grandfather who pretty much acted as my father since I never knew my dad well, died a couple weeks ago. I haven't felt the same since then honestly, I've been really traumatized by it. Life moves on though, you cant stay in the past forever..I just thought coming back, and seeking advice, and support, may be a wise idea...

Thanks for having me back...

~Jter42~
    Yea....you're back! I too am sorry to hear about your grandfather, but I'm glad you've found someone. Our relationships with others is probably the most important thing in our lives. My SO from college is coming to visit us in August. I'm so excited to see him again. I had said in another thread, that you can't take your money and possessions with you when you die, but what you do take, is the love you've experienced and the relationships you created during your life.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone, feels good knowing I still have friends here.

It mean's alot having caring people there for you !

Good to have you back Life happens wherever you are. I'm sorry for the loss of your grandfather (parent, in this case). It's okay to be really broken up about this. Life will go on but people make their mark on you. You'll feel better in your own time.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    It's okay to be really broken up about this. Life will go on but people make their mark on you. You'll feel better in your own time.
    Exactly.

Remember that grieving is a five stage process and that it takes a lot of time to get through it all (and even then it can resurface later). Take your time and go through the emotions. Allow yourself to grieve. I know it's tough to face and sometimes you just want to trudge on ahead anyways, but doing this can cause you to suppress your emotions, which will never do you any good. If anything, it just builds for a massive breakdown later.

Though I'm new to the site, and thus we haven't met, I'd like to say welcome back! Obviously you're well loved here. I hope being back in a friendly community will help ease some of the pain of your loss. Please take your time and allow your heart time to process.

Congrats on the courage of coming out. <3 I've been there too...
    Whew, coming out is simultaneously a lot of work and a big relief, don't you think?

I don't recall having ever talked to you before, but welcome back! Like you, I recently turned 18 too. Sorry to hear about your grandfather.