Thread: An Interesting Situation

Default An Interesting Situation

So the other night, I went to the diner with a female friend of mine. She is actually a mutual friend of my ex girlfriend and I....the three of us all used to work together once upon a time. A little backstory, when my ex and I still dated, she told this girl about my diaper fetish since she knew me. All she told her was that I liked to wear diapers, sometimes during sex, and that was it. So my friend, I guess I'll say her name is Amy to cut down on all of the "shes" and "hers" here, thought it was kind of weird.

After we broke up in January, Amy told me what my ex had told her. It kind of infuriated me at the time since my ex never told me she did it, but whatever, it's in the past. But I told Amy why I liked diapers, what made me want to wear them, the whole backstory, etc. Now she said she understood and it made sense and she didn't think it was weird at all and she was glad it made me happy. And she actually stood up to my ex on my behalf about it on several occasions (my ex was never truly fond of it and got hostile about it towards the end). But Amy told me that if I ever needed someone to talk to about it she'd be there for me.

So she's been good about the whole diaper thing to me and always listened to me if I needed someone. But the other night she laid it on me that she kind of wanted to try it herself. She said she didn't have a fetish and was interested about the diapers, but she was really scared she was going to like it because after seeing my ex give me a hard time, she was afraid she'd have problems finding acceptance too. But she admitted she kind of wanted to like it, so I told her I'd give her some of mine to try out and see if it was for her, and if she did like it I'd buy her her first pack.

So how do I handle this situation? Obviously it'd be awesome to have another friend in diapers. What kind of diaper do I give her to try? Do I give her a Molicare or Tena Maxi? Or a Bambino Classico? Not sure what to do, exactly. Any thoughts are welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    Give her different varieties from the packs.
    I agree with Calico and take it from there. That's about all you can do.

Yep i would definatly give her at least 2 of each and maybe pick up a couple packs of el cheapo ones from the drugstore and throw in some of them too so she can appreciate the good ones. Also i dont want to start nothing but seems like she might be interested in you my radar for that is a bit off so i may be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by KenworthW900b View Post
    Yep i would definatly give her at least 2 of each and maybe pick up a couple packs of el cheapo ones from the drugstore and throw in some of them too so she can appreciate the good ones. Also i dont want to start nothing but seems like she might be interested in you my radar for that is a bit off so i may be wrong.
    I second on the interest. She wants to like the diapers and she also might want to like OP

I'm thinking that she has something deep inside of her that she hasn't yet defined in herself yet. Or it could just be curiosity.

Just give her what you use from your collection unless there is a huge size differential. Wouldn't you want her to use the fun stuff? Maybe some UnderJams or Goodnites for first and then maybe move up to your favorite?

Don't overwhelm her with it. Just let her experience it and let it flow. Don't push her or she may freak.

Quote Originally Posted by KenworthW900b View Post

Quote Originally Posted by MOPaddED View Post
    I second on the interest. She wants to like the diapers and she also might want to like OP
    You guys really think she's doing it because she's interested? She's a pretty girl so I doubt she's doing for attention...maybe you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLMaNN1983 View Post
    I'm thinking that she has something deep inside of her that she hasn't yet defined in herself yet. Or it could just be curiosity.

Just give her what you use from your collection unless there is a huge size differential. Wouldn't you want her to use the fun stuff? Maybe some UnderJams or Goodnites for first and then maybe move up to your favorite?

Don't overwhelm her with it. Just let her experience it and let it flow. Don't push her or she may freak.
    She's a little skinner than my ex, and my ex could wear mediums from Bambino and Tena and they fit her alright. A little big but they certainly weren't falling off her. Maybe I should give Amy some of mine then and just let feel it out for herself? I'll give her a few to take home and let her do what she's interested in doing with them?

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiPad89 View Post
    You guys really think she's doing it because she's interested? She's a pretty girl so I doubt she's doing for attention...maybe you're right.

She's a little skinner than my ex, and my ex could wear mediums from Bambino and Tena and they fit her alright. A little big but they certainly weren't falling off her. Maybe I should give Amy some of mine then and just let feel it out for herself? I'll give her a few to take home and let her do what she's interested in doing with them?
    That's the best thing to do. If it's trial and error, no use of wasting money on something that she might not like. Something tells me she'll like it.

If you're going to start her on a few then I'd start her on the more vanilla midrange-good diapers like Molicare/Abena. If it turns out that she likes them you could show her some of the printed, more AB oriented diapers.

I don't really think there is any use in showing her how bad the generic store brand stuff is. If she gets interested and wants to try pinching pennies she can find out the hard way.

I agree with several others, if the size is close enough, giver her a few different ones you already have. 1 or 2 each, if it won't hurt your wallet too much.