Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Summer: where sexism is at its finest (:

Default Summer: where sexism is at its finest (:

You may be asking yourselves what the sexism of summer implies. Well, I'll tell you.

Men are free as a bird to take off their shirts if they want. I couldn't care less about that. However, for whatever reason, women are not. I've never understood this. I'm aware that many people find tatas arousing, and I wonder if that has anything to do with it? I'm sure there are a lot of people who are into nipples and are driven wild at the sight of them. What makes it ok for a man to go topless, but not a woman? A chick can't even feed her child without covering up. What is it that makes them so obscene?

Also: Is it kosher if the woman in question is wearing a regular bra? I've seen jogging ladies in sports bras, but never any on a casual walk in a normal one.

I'm effing serious this time. This isn't another of my stupid threads that I don't expect anyone to reply to.

Quote Originally Posted by GucciTime View Post
    Men are free as a bird to take off their shirts if they want. I couldn't care less about that. However, for whatever reason, women are not. I've never understood this. I'm aware that many people find tatas arousing, and I wonder if that has anything to do with it? I'm sure there are a lot of people who are into nipples and are driven wild at the sight of them. What makes it ok for a man to go topless, but not a woman? A chick can't even feed her child without covering up. What is it that makes them so obscene?
    If I ran the world, women would be free, nay, encouraged to be topless whenever and wherever they wanted.

And for this, I get called a pig.

swings and roundabouts, i say.
    give me a mo' while i come up with the 'polite' words to express what i mean...............wait...............no, a bit longer...........ah, here we go:
    rhetorically speaking, why is okay for women to show the form of their crotches, but not men?
    not that i'm complaining, but check out the summerwear ads and clothing styles in general.
    of course, i am a crotch-watcher, but the disparity in attitudes makes it all the more........ observable.

see you on the beach

To use the tired cliche:
    Society has some really screwed up and nonsensical views when it comes to sexuality.. movie at 11 ;p

The oatmeal (I think) had a great comic about this, where some online service would sensor a _drawn_ female nipple but not a male one, even though he had literally drawn them identically.

Quote Originally Posted by ade View Post
    swings and roundabouts, i say.
    give me a mo' while i come up with the 'polite' words to express what i mean...............wait...............no, a bit longer...........ah, here we go:
    rhetorically speaking, why is okay for women to show the form of their crotches, but not men?
    not that i'm complaining, but check out the summerwear ads and clothing styles in general.
    of course, i am a crotch-watcher, but the disparity in attitudes makes it all the more........ observable.

see you on the beach
    Men can show off their crotches with tight pants and whatnot, but most don't. Probably feels like their balls are cooking.

I think it all depends on where the topless happen to be as well as what sex they are. I've seen signs saying 'no shirt no shoes no service' on the door of many seaside establishments but on a beach, people didn't raise an eyelid to topless sunbathing by either sex.

I've never gotten the thing where men can take off their shirts but not women? But then again it could take out the significance of Hooters and strip clubs (no I don't see women as a object)

It's not allowed because tatas are arousing. It's one tool women have to attract men. It's weird but coming from times way back have humans covered their genitalia and tatas. Why? I'm not sure either.

One thing I've always wondered is if I would walk into a place with one of those no shirts no shoes no service signs, wearing no pants. Not naked of course, but underwear on to not be too ridiculous.I love shock humor.

I believe in some countries (mostly European ones), it is fine for women to walk around topless. But for most of the western world it is considered indecent. It is unfortunately a culture thing, I think people find breasts arousing because they are taught that they are something to be embarrassed about and that they should be covered up.

My dog doesn't cover up her breasts. She's one hot dog.