Thread: So whats so good about Games Of Thrones, Glee, etc?

Default So whats so good about Games Of Thrones, Glee, etc?

I don't get the value out of these shows, really its a waste of camera and crew time. Glee is just a bunch of people singing some musical or planning for it for a half hour. And last night I came out to the living room to see some kid dancing on stage in front of a cheering crowd on Fox, I mean what the fuck was that? What value comes from these TV shows? Nothing. A good example is The Office. I first thought it was funny with a bunch of workers dealing with personal problems but soon it really just got old.

I don't understand how those type of shows actually stay on the air. Who watches these shows, actually sits down on a couch and watches them? We had worthless tv shows in the 90s (Wings, The King Of Queens) and in the 80s (Designing Women). Its sad really.

Quote Originally Posted by Geno View Post
    So what TV shows do you enjoy?
    South Park, The Simpsons, King Of The Hill, shows like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Balto91 View Post
    South Park, The Simpsons, King Of The Hill, shows like that.
    Anymore than that? Give me like 10.

What makes these any better than the ones above?

Quote Originally Posted by Geno View Post
    Anymore than that? Give me like 10.

What makes these any better than the ones above?
    Squidbillies is also one. In a nutshell live action shows have always sucked.

Here's some food for thought on topics like this, for any future one you may make.

Rant threads (which is what this is) can be funny or enlightening depending how the person frames it. But that requires some more detail and a little more wit on behalf of the creator. If said poster more or less lazily diatribes on and on with overused buzz words on already lampooned subjects the likes that can be found in a YouTube comment, they end up coming off as uniformed, or labeled a noob.

Here's a good example. I use to frequent a pretty much snobby metal forum (no mallcore/numetal allowed) and occasionally a new member would join and make a thread entitled "Aren't nu-metal bands worthless!!!11" or "Slipknot? Moar liek Slipsucks! Amirite fellas?" Then they would diatribe on already popular bands or some other crap and it became a sort of self-parody this individual had no idea what he was talking about. When pressed with criticism, they turtled and ran off.

Quote Originally Posted by Balto91
    In a nutshell live action shows have always sucked.
    So when I see really lazy comments like this, without really much of anything behind it, I'm reminded of my time there. Put a little more effort in, and you may find your threads like this becoming a little better and less heckled on other sites you may frequent.

I guess you haven't really seen a good show. How about Stargate? Justified? Deadwood? Law and Order?

No? And then your basing your judgement on old 80's programming you probably had to sit through when you were a kid on Nick at Night? And you want to tell me Squibillies is a better show when all it relies on is vulgar/shock humor and gore for it's jokes? Much like SuperJail does? (I find some of if hilarious on a sidenote, but it's deadpan humor)

Granted I think most of Cartoon Networks Live Action programming was rather boring and cliched because I would rather see more original animation than transient programming put up as filler when the network wanted to find more appeal when a lot of it's shows had aged. But I've given an actually reason that's worth discussing other than:

Quote Originally Posted by Balto91
    I mean what the fuck was that?
    Then you ask us what so good about it, but really that was nothing more than a rhetorical question.

Come on young Padawan, use The Force.
    Last edited by Geno; 22-May-2013 at 20:33.

Maybe you should just know what you talk about before starting such a thread. You might end up with an actual opinion for your post. Mixing Game of Thrones and Glee together like this ended up in a bad troll post, and even worse, you don't even seem to be aware of that.

So, what should we talk about? You think the 100th season of HIMYM is pointless? Me too.

Threads are like book reports. You have to give the reasoning behind the ideas you form. Rants like this provide no benefits or insights to the community.

This thread is drifting off topic towards drama. People have different tastes when it comes to entertainment. Simply offhandedly dismissing the tastes of other people is not productive.