Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abdl "poster child"

H0TWH33LS

Default Abdl "poster child"

I think it's time for ABDLs to have their voice heard among society. I am wondering what it would take for the "underground" society to band together and create a team that would take our lifestyle public. There are already key poster people like Stanley and Riley but I was thinking someone more mainstream. I am wondering what everyone's thoughts are on the subject. Too soon?

interesting post. it would be cool if a street artist shone some light on us in a positive way, the media are so negative about our lifestyle.

The only reasons I'd like to be better accepted socially speaking is the possible benefit of further research being done (because it would be more public) and it might make it easier to come out to people if you could say that someone very successful is for sure a part of the community.

Overall though, I think it would just take people from a place of ignorance to a spot where they are more likely to stereotype people based upon how that celebrity is. Likewise, more exposure for the community might make things more difficult for the incontinence community, as people's first reactions might be "wow, this person is kinky, messed up, or weird; I should spread rumors" instead of "oh, I bet he has some sort of medical condition. I'd better respect him and keep this quiet."

While I would much love to not fear judgement and reprisal, I don't know whether a celebrity coming out would ultimately help or not. I suppose if things go better than we fear they might, it would be pretty cool. People also jump to conclusions and say things like "why would you want to disclose this?" on here, but honestly, just because something has gained social approval doesn't mean you have to be forward and disclosing with the fact that you are involved personally.

CrinklySiren

It could just be a matter of coming out for the sake of others. Like lets say Brad Pitt or Emma Stone were to come out and say "I am an adult baby and to all those adult babies out there who are afraid to be themselves! dont be!"

but on the other hand it might become one of those insufferable trends where all of a sudden everyone will claim to be an ageplayer/abdl/little and ruin the caliber and contribute to the number of people who fake it.

I think we are headed down a good road maybe not on the sense that we have appropriate "poster" people, but to the sense that the idea is getting out there. Because honestly i don't think stanley is a good poster person >_> but Riley was decent enough. Not to mention a few of the people from 15 stone babies. Honestly the only step left to take is properly educate people... but if we live in a world where people automatically make the assumption that one person = the entire community, then its not worth it -_- honestly i just do what I do and if people ask, i tell them.. But living in one of the most superficial/judgemental cities, ive actually received no bad reactions and maybe a little bit of disgust up until the point I explained my point of view to which they responded admirably.

Ultimately the biggest problem with humanity and acceptance of any kind is that we are all a bunch of children and some of us are kind while the others are bullies, and it appears as though most of the time, we ABDLS are more mature than the childish and immature beings that populate our world.

I can understand why people want a new 'poster child' but would the media give them a chance ?

Personally I think they would distort and scandalise the story no matter who was presenting it. You only have to look at story's about Italy's prime minister Silvio Berlusconi or Formula One chief Max Mosley to see what would happen to any famous ABDL who was brave enough to waddle in front of a microphone.

As for the rest of us, we can see on this forum story's of the bad reactions, ridicule and complete misunderstanding of what it is to be ABDL and I don't think this will change enough for a 'poster child' to ever get a free hearing, let alone acceptance.

I wonder if part of the reaction we get is because ABDL subverts the view of childhood. It confuses the stereotypes people hold and rather than change their point of view, they fight against or dismiss ABDL's as freaks.

I don't think it's necessary. Most people like that keep it to themselves, and if they don't, they don't really care either way. People will still think it's weird/disgusting/whatever, and some won't. It'll always be the same. Besides, for most, it's just a kink. We're not like gay or trans-anything. The only people who should hear us out are people we trust, not the whole world. Whoever would want such a role would probably get regally screwed over, anyway.

The reason that current "poster children" for ABDLs are people like Stanley and Riley, who are not mainstream, is because people who are mainstream have too much at stake to risk revealing that they are ABDL. If people with other kinks that are not as far from the mainstream became more open about it, then I think one day ABDLs may be able to be open about it without negative public reactions. I also think that day is a long way off, if it's coming at all...

Quote Originally Posted by MsClaraRiddle View Post
    The reason that current "poster children" for ABDLs are people like Stanley and Riley, who are not mainstream, is because people who are mainstream have too much at stake to risk revealing that they are ABDL. If people with other kinks that are not as far from the mainstream became more open about it, then I think one day ABDLs may be able to be open about it without negative public reactions. I also think that day is a long way off, if it's coming at all...
    This. If you ever attend an event like IML (happening in Chicago this coming weekend), you'll notice that it's not attended by riff-raff or losers. It's attended by high-power people with a lot of walking around money in their pockets. It's attended by people that, for one weekend, can cut loose instead of keeping everything quiet and tasteful.

Why exactly should this be so public? I'm probably going to get a lot of stick for this, but I see no reason as to why people like us, of whom some dress like babies and/or enjoy pissing and shitting themselves in diapers should be given much more public prominence. We're not going to alter the public consciousness that being ABDL isn't really wierd , anytime soon. So why do we need to flaunt something like this? Especially one so potentially embarressing? I just can't comprehend the need to do so, why can't we just keep this relatively private, or within a close circle of friends?