Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Incontinance devices

Default Incontinance devices

My incontinent problem is getting worse. The time I have after the desire to pee and before I begin to leak is getting shorter and shorter. I choose not to wear diapers and I am looking for an incontinent device - or urinary collection system as they are called. Does anyone have any experience with this or recommendations? The idea of an attachment to one's penis sounds pretty awful so I would like to get the most comfortable device.

You could use guards or shields or tena overnight pads to allow you more time but you would have to just try differant things to find what works best

CrinklySiren

Quote Originally Posted by Isle View Post
    My incontinent problem is getting worse. The time I have after the desire to pee and before I begin to leak is getting shorter and shorter. I choose not to wear diapers and I am looking for an incontinent device - or urinary collection system as they are called. Does anyone have any experience with this or recommendations? The idea of an attachment to one's penis sounds pretty awful so I would like to get the most comfortable device.
    I dont have experience with any of that, but from what i've read/learned, the only way to have one of those things is to have the ones that have a catheter inserted into your penis >_> so honestly if you don't wanna have that, you're better off wearing diapers or guards as kenselbert said

There are condom catheters that you can use that will connect to a hose leading to a collection bag.

I don't think you want to deal with inscrutable catheters they can be quite a nuisance.

Most catheters require a prescription from a Ureoligist. So you have to be aware of that. I don't know about the condum catheters though. The cost of those though can be covered
    by insureance if your in the US.

Condom catheters can be purchased over the counter at most any independent pharmacy/medical supply in the US. They come in various sizes depending on how well endowed (or not) you are. Sailplane pilots (like me) use them quite frequently. We hook them up to the relief tube that vents out the belly of the sailplane for relief during those long flights. They would be an effective alternative to diapers for urinary incontinence, but I don't know how long they can be worn comfotrably or continuously as they literally glue themselves to your private parts. I do know they are literally a pain to remove, especially if one has not shaved the affected area (the little hairs get stuck/caught very easily).

In any case, you need to see a GP, if required you will then be referred to urology.. Would you not rather find the cause, not just self-administer a "cure"/solution?

Quote Originally Posted by Isle View Post
    Isle - if you're a man then there's so called "external catheters" _(or sometimes "condom catheter")- it's basically a fancy type of condom with a hose attached to it that then drains in a normal leg-bag (same as for a normal indwelling cath.)... try searching google for it - there's tons of models.
    Some are "self-adhesive" - some need special adhesive strips etc...

I've tried them and personally really dislike them for most - I rarely choose to wear some.
    Why? well for one the way it is attached - I really disliked the feeling of the sticky part around my penis.
    the other thing is the leg bag - unless you wear VERY baggy pants it's going to be a bit "weird looking" especially once it's full.
    than the feeling of the urine in the bag sloshing around when I move.. the whole "hosing" attached to my penis then along the leg, to the bag.
    Also the other thing I do - which pads enable me to do easily - is to go to a toilet and void completely normally.
    I still can void normally - but I dribble a lot and when the urge hits me (which happens quickly) I'd better be close to a toilet. But I can manage better - a lot better - if I go to the loo frequently. Also it gives me a psychological "good feeling" to go to the toilet - and not feel "normal".
    But with the condom cath attached I usually ended up just peeing in the bag and emptying the bag in the toilet (make sure your get one with a drain valve). it was easier than to get the condom off - re-apply glue strip or replace the condom - or disconnect the hose.
    The other thing is that I felt a LOT less clean by the end of the day as it felt "sweaty" and nasty around my penis - because I've had the condom on there for several hours.
    With pads / pants / diapers - they absorb ... I change frequently, I use wet wipes regularly... so I feel pretty clean...
    and at night they were impossible for me (external cath)... I felt awfully like seriously hospitalized - basically with the damn tube hanging by my member, the bag hanging on the side of the bed frame.. and I'd ripped the hose off just one time too many.

There is one time when I choose to wear them still - that is if I know that I probably can't change pads for a long time and any other option doesn't work well.
    But rarely.

Some IC people swear by them though.

Thank you EP01 for all the detail. I am trying a device that stays in the underwear. I thought the "condom" would bother me more than it does and I really like that I do not have to worry about where is the next bathroom. It does not have a glue strip and stays put as long as you don't do deep squats (found out the hard way). Whats more of a problem is when the collection bag gets full you have a load (liquid that is) in your underwear but it does buy quite a bit of time to find a bathroom.

My problem with diapers is more of a psychological one. I feel regressed and it kind of hijacks the brain. I find it compelling but not healthy for me.
    So the urine bag is under field testing...

Quote Originally Posted by EPO1 View Post
    Isle - if you're a man then there's so called "external catheters" _(or sometimes "condom catheter")- it's basically a fancy type of condom with a hose attached to it that then drains in a normal leg-bag (same as for a normal indwelling cath.)... try searching google for it - there's tons of models.
    Some are "self-adhesive" - some need special adhesive strips etc...

I've tried them and personally really dislike them for most - I rarely choose to wear some.
    Why? well for one the way it is attached - I really disliked the feeling of the sticky part around my penis.
    the other thing is the leg bag - unless you wear VERY baggy pants it's going to be a bit "weird looking" especially once it's full.
    than the feeling of the urine in the bag sloshing around when I move.. the whole "hosing" attached to my penis then along the leg, to the bag.
    Also the other thing I do - which pads enable me to do easily - is to go to a toilet and void completely normally.
    I still can void normally - but I dribble a lot and when the urge hits me (which happens quickly) I'd better be close to a toilet. But I can manage better - a lot better - if I go to the loo frequently. Also it gives me a psychological "good feeling" to go to the toilet - and not feel "normal".
    But with the condom cath attached I usually ended up just peeing in the bag and emptying the bag in the toilet (make sure your get one with a drain valve). it was easier than to get the condom off - re-apply glue strip or replace the condom - or disconnect the hose.
    The other thing is that I felt a LOT less clean by the end of the day as it felt "sweaty" and nasty around my penis - because I've had the condom on there for several hours.
    With pads / pants / diapers - they absorb ... I change frequently, I use wet wipes regularly... so I feel pretty clean...
    and at night they were impossible for me (external cath)... I felt awfully like seriously hospitalized - basically with the damn tube hanging by my member, the bag hanging on the side of the bed frame.. and I'd ripped the hose off just one time too many.

There is one time when I choose to wear them still - that is if I know that I probably can't change pads for a long time and any other option doesn't work well.
    But rarely.

Some IC people swear by them though.

I've tried several types of condom catheters and similar devices over the years. However, I found them to be prone to sudden disastrous leaks that were much worse and more embarrassing than the comparatively gradual leaks that occasionally happen with a diaper. For me, all the devices that involve channeling urine into a bag worn on the leg or elsewhere are medical devices that are utterly lacking in any sensual appeal. In contrast, a properly fitted diaper actually feels good and can be a pleasure to wear. So I'm a diaper boy.