Thread: I think my mom saw my pacifier

Default I think my mom saw my pacifier

My mom came in my room yesterday morning to wake me up because we were suppose to go somewhere and I had my pacifier in my mouth. I was staring at the ceiling. I took it out of my mouth as fast as I could, but as soon as she opened my door she stopped dead in her tracks. So I have a feeling she definitely saw it.

She still hasn't asked anything about it yet.

If she does, I have no idea of what to say.

CrinklySiren

Just tell her its a comfort thing :P better than being caught in diapers >_< happened to me like 3 times, and had my stash found like 3 other times as well... most awkward moments of my life EVER. To this day, my mom thinks im a bed wetter and thats why i have diapers lol, she doesn't bring it up but i'd rather her think that instead of the reality hahaha

Yeah, I'd say it helps you relax and fall asleep, and hope she leaves it at that.

Don't you just hate those "oh fuck" moments? There have been times where my dad nearly caught me in full cub mode on the couch like when he randomly showed up at my house at 11 pm at night....
    It was a good thing I was padded because I pretty much wet myself when I heard the keypad and deadbolt on my back door disengaging. I had to grab my laptop (I was on ADISC at the time) and make a mad dash to my room to change before my dad came out front to the living room.
    As for the pacifier Incident, hopefully she won't bring it up, and if she doesnt, Id just let it go. If she does pester you about it, you could go for the comfort object route. You could also say it keeps you from grinding your teeth at night....

CrinklySiren

Quote Originally Posted by DeftLeppard View Post
    You could also say it keeps you from grinding your teeth at night....
    oooh! yeah thats a good one too! and thats actually quite common :P plus either way it seems that pacifiers are becoming quite popular among adults as well because apparently they help people who snore to snore less :P and the whole teeth grinding thing as well.

I remember one time my mom barged into my room and i was in full baby pajamas and a really loud and crinkly diaper so every time i moved it crinkled and the lights were off but still it was so awkward for me, she never mentioned it but man, after that i started sweating bullets lol

It all depends on what type of memory she has, and how long she actually was looking before you took it out.
    If the whole thing went really fast, then I doubt she actually could tell what was in your mouth.
    Your mother doesn't expect to see a pacifier in your mouth, Its not the first conclusion she comes up with.

On the other hand if she has great photographic memory, or had enough time to examine your face, she could possibly know.
    It's best to not say any thing, if you have to though, say it was a sucker or something.

Heres a thought... but you need to get right on it for it to be effective. Go buy a few of those candy rings that kids sometime get from vending machines, the kind that go on a finger and look like a big diamond, leave them kinda peppered around your room... they look alot like a paci... a good supporting story would be that one of your friends younger sibblings had a bunch of them, maybe a little kid was selling candy for fund raising? Just dont over play it or it will look like a cover story... let her observe them laying around and ask... then calmly and sorta "by the way" mention where they came from and leave it at that. Might be helpful to actualy walk around the house with one in your mouth so that she gets a better look at it. Very likely she will have an "ohh, thats what I saw the other day" moments and never think about it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Breeze2 View Post
    Heres a thought... but you need to get right on it for it to be effective. Go buy a few of those candy rings that kids sometime get from vending machines, the kind that go on a finger and look like a big diamond, leave them kinda peppered around your room... they look alot like a paci... a good supporting story would be that one of your friends younger sibblings had a bunch of them, maybe a little kid was selling candy for fund raising? Just dont over play it or it will look like a cover story... let her observe them laying around and ask... then calmly and sorta "by the way" mention where they came from and leave it at that. Might be helpful to actualy walk around the house with one in your mouth so that she gets a better look at it. Very likely she will have an "ohh, thats what I saw the other day" moments and never think about it again.
    Ring Pops! I remember those. I totally pretended they were pacifiers when I was a little kid. That's a pretty good idea, but the mouth guard is probably different than the one mom saw. I like the teeth-grinding idea a lot, too. Or you could say you'd been catching yourself sucking your thumb at night and hoped it would stop you from doing that and ruining your teeth. Some people use pacifiers to stop smoking (very few people I imagine though) but your mom probably knows if you smoke or don't smoke. Some people use pacifiers as accessories for 'rave fashion' too, but that might imply you're taking E, which would get you in more trouble and cause some kind of intervention for your druggie rave lifestyle. But it could work, honestly, in a pinch, if it suits your age/personality that you might try to fit in with a subculture. I wouldn't just randomly tell her everything, though. That would be so much trouble for everyone involved!!