Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: courage???

Default courage???

who has not worked up the courage to finally wear a diaper

Quote Originally Posted by dsmbaby View Post
    who has not worked up the courage to finally wear a diaper
    Considering Adisc is a adult only site now, whoever answers no deserves to get smacked by any member willing to get in a line. Even people who live with their parents should reasonably be able to hide some depends or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Considering Adisc is a adult only site now, whoever answers no deserves to get smacked by any member willing to get in a line. Even people who live with their parents should reasonably be able to hide some depends or something.
    Woah woah woah. That's a bit unfair. OP, is it something you're struggling with?

Honestly, it comes and goes for me. My first time in diapers as an adult was when I was 18 and far from home. But after that first time, I've chickened out lots of times. Just a while ago, I went to buy some diapers, but got scared and left because the store just felt too crowded (and it really wasn't, looking back!). Getting scared at any stage - at the store, the checkout, or the actual wearing - is totally normal, even for experienced AB/DLs.

If fear is stopping you from getting diapers for the first time, though, you may want to sit down and ask yourself why. Is it the purchasing? Fear of getting caught? Anxiety over wearing? These are all normal, but the fear can be taken away with a little planning. Go to the store early or late, to reduce the odds of running into someone. Plan out a private time and place to wear. Have a plan in advance of where to hide your purchase. Plans are the best way to beat fear of the unknown!

Don't feel bad or inferior if you're afraid, because you're far from the only one. But don't let fear keep you out of diapers. There's a whole world of enjoyment waiting. Good luck, and ask away if you'd like further advice.

I can see how this would be a problem even when you are on your own. I think everyone at some point or another has tried to suppress their urges, and it might take coming to a community of like-minded people in order to get over fears.

That being said there is a community for everything and you should not use it's existence to justify anything. I think if you really look at it for what it is, and not for what you or anybody else wants it to be (or stereotypes it to be) you can feel comfortable.

@OP: If you're dealing with some personal issues here I would encourage you to explore the ideas for yourself, being non-judgmental and trying to see if wearing could possibly effect you or any other person in a negative way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsaur View Post
    Woah woah woah. That's a bit unfair. OP, is it something you're struggling with?
    Well it was clearly a joke but at the same time we are adults. So maybe we can act like it in some regards. Possibly in "Okay, it's a diaper. Big, whoop."

Also the OP made no mention of being affected by it themselves. So I'm assuming its another one of those weird, barely answerable questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    some people may want to wear them but feel so what ever they feel, that they chicken out. or maybe the feelings are still repressed that they think that they just like the idea or feel they are only attracted to say girls that wear diapers, and never really thought they would like wearing them. who knows, just a simple question to see if anyone on here would help from someone who just got the courage to wear.

As I've stated here before, earlier this month I had a chance to buy them, but it was a bit of a risky situation, so I did not.

Quote Originally Posted by dsmbaby View Post
    what was so risky???
    My mother waiting in the car while I bought her a Mother's Day present