Thread: Manga and AB/Furryism

Default Manga and AB/Furryism

I noticed that there are plenty of profile pix and avatars which are of the Japanese Manga style, sometimes Manga kawaii, whch is usually: big eyes, low set, no pupils, tiny bodies with respect to the head, and the character is typically a girl wearing a fur suit, or cute in some other way. Does anyone think there is a connection? Do some of us subconciously "project" ourselves into a manga identity because they are so adorable?

I don't conciously do it, but very recently, I've taken a liking to drawing manga art, specifically conventional manga kawaii.

What do you all think, or is it just as Sigmund Freud said, "Sometimes a cigar is only a cigar?"

There's a thread you might be interested in! Linky link!

There's also a group specifically for anime and manga aficionados like you and me right here!

I hope that helps. =)

I consciously project myself into this kind of fantasy image! When I read manga with young female protagonists I often like to imagine myself as that character, or otherwise relate that character and their actions to myself. That's part of the fun of reading blatantly escapist fiction, after all. (And I wish I could be as cute as the girl in my avatar, haha.)

Quote Originally Posted by cherieberry View Post
    I consciously project myself into this kind of fantasy image! When I read manga with young female protagonists I often like to imagine myself as that character, or otherwise relate that character and their actions to myself. That's part of the fun of reading blatantly escapist fiction, after all. (And I wish I could be as cute as the girl in my avatar, haha.)
    Ohhhh but you are ! You are as cute as you want to be. That goes for all ABDL/BF/DF/ and vanilla furs out there. Be as cute as you can be and you will always be as cute as you want to be.

I do love cute things, and my love for shoujo manga and anime is part of that. I adore "boy Lolita" characters and sometimes catch myself admiring their outfits or mannerisms, like, "oooh, perfectly cute", haha.

Well,

I've never been into any type of anime till lately...

And yes they do look adorable...

B