View Poll Results: Do you use Tapatalk to browse the forums?

21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I like the app.

5 23.81%
  • No, but I use another app.

0 0%
  • No, I have no desire to.

11 52.38%
  • No, I dislike the app.

2 9.52%
  • I don't have a mobile or tablet.

3 14.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you use Tapatalk for browsing these forums?

Question Do you use Tapatalk for browsing these forums?

Hi there. I'm new here, so I hope this topic is in the right forum!

When I log in to the forums with my kindle, it suggests Tapatalk for browsing. I can see the appeal of a slimmed down, mobile style interface. However, I notice Tapatalk requires you to create a log in, and that's a big turn off for me. I have about a billion logins all over the web and no real desire to add one more.

So! Do a lot of you folks use Tapatalk? Would you recommend it or another type of app? Or is regular desktop view the way to go in your opinion?

I don't mind using taptalk for some "normal" forums - but the stuff here on adisc I simply don't want to have anywhere outside of my private computer's private no-cache browsing.

1. you don't need a login. I didn't have one for over a year of using Tapatalk. I eventually relented but didn't have to.
    2. Tapatalk is extremely easy to work with. there's no harm in trying out the free version and seeing if you like the setup.

No, and I hate the number of websites that try to get me to install the app. I have a web browser for accessing websites. I don't need separate apps for websites, ugh. I barely use my Reddit app.

As already said above, you don't need to make an account to use tapatalk. You simply login to the forums you want to participate in. I don't have an account. Its very useful on phones. On tablets, not so much.

I've not looked at Tapatalk as I use a chrome book or pc whenever I'm on the internet so I don't see me ever needing to use my phone to browse here.

I like it and use it on my iphone, as I think its easier than a tiny webpage.
    On my tablet or PC I use regular browser.

I use Convo which is based off tapatalk but is free.

I used it for a while when I was a mod, but I don't really like the app. It just feels clunky and I was rather offended by the way it pops up on basically every forum on the internet. The "Not Again" dialog is per forum rather than per phone, so I get bombarded by it, which leaves me feeling like this site: I Don't Want Your Fucking App

Now that I'm not a mod, I just don't bother visiting the site on mobile anymore. Apparently some time between becoming a mod and resigning, a vBulletin/Firefox for Android update made the desktop site perform much worse on my phone, so it's just too much hassle.

I've used both tapatalk 1 and tapatalk 2. I prefer tapatalk 1 over the "enhancements" that were put into TT2. however I'm about to start shedding apps that I very rarely use and apps for things that I can just do via the web browser.