Thread: Hi! New here. Let's get acquainted!

Smile Hi! New here. Let's get acquainted!

Hi! I've been browsing (or lurking, really) these forums, but I finally decided to join recently. I'm pretty shy, but I'd really like to make new friends. Please treat me kindly, I look forward to getting to know everyone!

What Brought Me Here
    Let's see... I've had an interest in diapers and other child-like things since childhood - I remember being fascinated with nurseries, for example - but I failed to address it because it was all very confusing. I've only started exploring my interests in the past six months or so, but it's been a whirlwind since then. I've told one of my two partners about it, and he was very accepting about it. He's bought me some basic baby paraphernalia and we've done quite a few scenes with me in an age-regressed/baby state.

Because I'm so new to this, I'm using these forums for two main reasons, I think:
    1. Primarily: to discover more about my ab/dl interests. I have a lot of questions, for example, how do you decide/realize the age of your inner AB? etc.
    2. Also: to make new friends and talk to them not only about support issues but other, unrelated real-life stuff as well.

Other Interests
    I have a /lot/ of interests, to be honest with you!

I love to cook and bake - that's actually where my username came from. I agonized for a username for days before I decided on "IronRoyal" - that's "iron" as in cast iron, my favorite cooking pan, and "royal" is actually short for Royal M or Mita, the company that produced my favorite fine china set that I use here at home. I make all kinds of things, but I'd have to say my signature dish is pot roast. And I love to bake even more - my dream is to one day visit Japan and France and go on a tour of their fabulous bakeries. I'm dying just thinking about it, haha!

I also love reading books and writing fiction. Fantasy and science fiction are my favorite genres, followed by historical fiction. I have a kindle fire now, but that doesn't stop me from "rescuing" paper books... In fact, I have an entire bookshelf of saved titles that I haven't read yet. Oops!

I also love anime, and the fandom and fanfiction world. Right now I'm watching Fractale. I just finished Kuroshitsuji, or Black Butler, which I loved. And other long-time favorites include Sailor Moon, Ouran High School Host Club, Soul Eater, and Simoun. Hmm, now that I think of it, that's not a lot of shounen titles... Aaah, I guess I really am a shoujo fan at heart most of the time...

Lastly: video games! I have a tendency to stop playing games halfway through, haha, and I prefer the PC, so I don't call myself a gamer. But I play World of Warcraft and Guild Wars II, along with rpg titles like the Witcher, Dragon Age, etc... Also the Sims & Sims Medieval (have you ever tried to finish all the ambitions on that game? Gosh it's a lot of work! Haha).

Whew, I guess that's enough about me. What about you all?

Howdy and welcome to ADISC! I hope you make some good friends here and find plenty of entertaining topics to engage in.

So, you've been interested in diapers and baby things since childhood (which is pretty common among us), but never acted on that?

Your avatar is mouth-watering. Best of luck with your baking pursuits.

Stay dry and happy!

It's good to hear that you decided to participate in the forum! But to be honest, I wouldn't call you a lurker, since you're only 1 month on adisc. And I know it's always a little bit hard to have the courage to start an introduction especially.

So welcome to adisc, IronRoyal! And if I may add: This is a really well made introduction.

And oh! My gosh, You're actually into cooking and also into the japanese bakery. I also adore japanese dishes in general. Although I started with this to actually find a replacement for meat in the first place, so basically tofu and shitake mushrooms.
    But in the end I came to adore it in general. Also the bakeries. In my opinion they're, besides the taste, also made kinde.... cute, but well... you eat with your eyes (first)! ^-^
    What's your favorite from this direction, if I may ask?

You're kidding me, right? Also anime and especially Soul Eater and Sailer Moon? ;) What's your favorite characters from these 2 anime series?
    So you'd recommend Kuroshitsuji? I haven't seen it so far... my to-watch list is just getting longer and longer, but this ain't on it so far.
    From your taste I'd really recommend Full Metal Alchemist, this would fit pretty well for you, I think, if you haven't seen it so far. Besides, if you're into shoujo I really recommend: Fruits Basket, Vampire Knight and of course Card Captor Sakura. ^_-

And in the end, don't feel to shy to ask about anything, as you did already with a kinda "cute" question; after all, it's a support community. But in most cases a new thread will give you more answers.

About your question: "how do you decide/realize the age of your inner AB?".
    For me it's kinda simple. From my emotional side it feels like it's somewhere between 1 1/2 and 4 years probably, kinda hard to tell. But basically I want to have as much possibilities as I can to explore everything, while being little. Being too young would restrict that and of course talking a lot ^_-, but being too old would get me in a different feeling, i.e. already being a kind of schoolgirl.
    Anyway, my simple solution has been in the end, to just use my normal age as month's, so I'm now 24 month's old, i.e. 2 years.

Have fun on adisc!

Welcome, i wish you to learn all you need to know about abdl and anything that is good and useful. You have plenty of good interests. Fanfiction is good ive read some, but right now all im thinking of is what you will bake next in that iron pan you have. I look forward to reading future posts from you

Hello IronRoyal and welcome to the group. This was a very nice introduction. I am also into food and cooking. We have a "foodie Group" that was started about two weeks ago. I invite you to take a look at are cookbook style recipe exchange, and fell free to add to it or share your thoughts on techniques and products.

Again welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by ultrapampers View Post
    Howdy and welcome to ADISC! I hope you make some good friends here and find plenty of entertaining topics to engage in.

So, you've been interested in diapers and baby things since childhood (which is pretty common among us), but never acted on that?

Your avatar is mouth-watering. Best of luck with your baking pursuits.

Stay dry and happy!
    Thanks so much, ultrapampers! And to answer your question: Nope, I didn't act on any of my baby related interests until extremely recently! I've always been the type to repress or avoid things that confuse or scare me. I'd prefer to just not deal with them, you know? It was especially unnerving for me because I sensed some sexual elements in there somewhere, and I wasn't sure what that meant. But it was the encouragement of one of my partners that "cracked the shell" so to speak and helped me relax enough to start exploring. I'm sort of envious of the people here that mentioned exploring/knowing very early in their lives.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by daLira View Post
    It's good to hear that you decided to participate in the forum! But to be honest, I wouldn't call you a lurker, since you're only 1 month on adisc. And I know it's always a little bit hard to have the courage to start an introduction especially.

So welcome to adisc, IronRoyal! And if I may add: This is a really well made introduction.

And oh! My gosh, You're actually into cooking and also into the japanese bakery. I also adore japanese dishes in general. Although I started with this to actually find a replacement for meat in the first place, so basically tofu and shitake mushrooms.
    But in the end I came to adore it in general. Also the bakeries. In my opinion they're, besides the taste, also made kinde.... cute, but well... you eat with your eyes (first)! ^-^
    What's your favorite from this direction, if I may ask?

You're kidding me, right? Also anime and especially Soul Eater and Sailer Moon? What's your favorite characters from these 2 anime series?
    So you'd recommend Kuroshitsuji? I haven't seen it so far... my to-watch list is just getting longer and longer, but this ain't on it so far.
    From your taste I'd really recommend Full Metal Alchemist, this would fit pretty well for you, I think, if you haven't seen it so far. Besides, if you're into shoujo I really recommend: Fruits Basket, Vampire Knight and of course Card Captor Sakura. ^_-

And in the end, don't feel to shy to ask about anything, as you did already with a kinda "cute" question; after all, it's a support community. But in most cases a new thread will give you more answers.

About your question: "how do you decide/realize the age of your inner AB?".
    For me it's kinda simple. From my emotional side it feels like it's somewhere between 1 1/2 and 4 years probably, kinda hard to tell. But basically I want to have as much possibilities as I can to explore everything, while being little. Being too young would restrict that and of course talking a lot ^_-, but being too old would get me in a different feeling, i.e. already being a kind of schoolgirl.
    Anyway, my simple solution has been in the end, to just use my normal age as month's, so I'm now 24 month's old, i.e. 2 years.

Have fun on adisc!
    Thanks very much for the compliments, daLira!

I'm excited that you like japanese cooking too! I adore so many dishes, I don't know where to start, haha. Tofu and shiitake mushrooms are really versatile ingredients, I'm trying to incorporate them more into my daily cooking, as well. I think the appeal of japanese cooking, especially the bakeries and sweets, is the big emphasis on visual appeal. You're right in that you eat with your eyes first, so I think if you make a dish very cute or appetizing looking, naturally you want to taste it.

I'd say that my favorite savory dish is curry! Or curry buns. Basically I could eat japanese curry every day and not get tired of it, it's so comforting...
    And my favorite sweet is strawberry shortcake! I love the adorable way the strawberries and cream get layered with chiffon or sponge cake.

Haha, favorite characters from those animes? Let's see: Sailor Moon... it would have to be Sailor Mars, Jupiter, and Uranus. I guess I have a thing for rough-and-tumble girls, or girls that seem really powerful or controlled in some way. Rei has her focused nature, Makoto is tall and strong while still having a feminine side, and Haruka is such a suave race-car driver, for example. Though when I was younger (Sailor Moon was my first real anime), Ami Mizuno/Mercury was my favorite! I guess I related to her bookishness.

Soul Eater... My favorites are Death the Kid, Chrona, and Maka! I actually have a little pin of Death the Kid that I bought at an anime convention. Death the Kid I liked because he was balancing such a powerful reaper ability with his OCD need for symmetry, haha. And Chrona and Maka just seem like people that would be fun to hang out with in real life. I admire their friendship, too, and the way they believe in each other even when no one else does.

I do recommend Kuroshitsuji. I thought it was very unique and engaging, and I fell in love with the characters. Naturally, it has very "dark" themes, since it's all about a boy making a pact with a demon. As long as you enjoy a more "morbid" or "macabre" feeling to your animes every now and again, I think you'll be fine!

I have watched Fruits Basket and Cardcaptor Sakura, and I liked them very much, so I think we're on the same page, haha! I haven't watched Fullmetal Alchemist, so I think your recommendation will boost it to the top of my "to watch list".

Thanks for the advice regarding your AB's inner age, as well! I'll keep it in mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sihcara View Post
    Welcome, i wish you to learn all you need to know about abdl and anything that is good and useful. You have plenty of good interests. Fanfiction is good ive read some, but right now all im thinking of is what you will bake next in that iron pan you have. I look forward to reading future posts from you
    I appreciate the sentiment, Sihcara! Haha, maybe I should keep track of what I've been cooking from now on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by egor View Post
    Hello IronRoyal and welcome to the group. This was a very nice introduction. I am also into food and cooking. We have a "foodie Group" that was started about two weeks ago. I invite you to take a look at are cookbook style recipe exchange, and fell free to add to it or share your thoughts on techniques and products.

Again welcome.
    Thank you for the compliments! I'll definitely look into that foodie group, it sounds extremely interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by IronRoyal View Post
    Thanks very much for the compliments, daLira!

I'm excited that you like japanese cooking too! I adore so many dishes, I don't know where to start, haha. Tofu and shiitake mushrooms are really versatile ingredients, I'm trying to incorporate them more into my daily cooking, as well. I think the appeal of japanese cooking, especially the bakeries and sweets, is the big emphasis on visual appeal. You're right in that you eat with your eyes first, so I think if you make a dish very cute or appetizing looking, naturally you want to taste it.

I'd say that my favorite savory dish is curry! Or curry buns. Basically I could eat japanese curry every day and not get tired of it, it's so comforting...
    And my favorite sweet is strawberry shortcake! I love the adorable way the strawberries and cream get layered with chiffon or sponge cake.

Haha, favorite characters from those animes? Let's see: Sailor Moon... it would have to be Sailor Mars, Jupiter, and Uranus. I guess I have a thing for rough-and-tumble girls, or girls that seem really powerful or controlled in some way. Rei has her focused nature, Makoto is tall and strong while still having a feminine side, and Haruka is such a suave race-car driver, for example. Though when I was younger (Sailor Moon was my first real anime), Ami Mizuno/Mercury was my favorite! I guess I related to her bookishness.

Soul Eater... My favorites are Death the Kid, Chrona, and Maka! I actually have a little pin of Death the Kid that I bought at an anime convention. Death the Kid I liked because he was balancing such a powerful reaper ability with his OCD need for symmetry, haha. And Chrona and Maka just seem like people that would be fun to hang out with in real life. I admire their friendship, too, and the way they believe in each other even when no one else does.

I do recommend Kuroshitsuji. I thought it was very unique and engaging, and I fell in love with the characters. Naturally, it has very "dark" themes, since it's all about a boy making a pact with a demon. As long as you enjoy a more "morbid" or "macabre" feeling to your animes every now and again, I think you'll be fine!

I have watched Fruits Basket and Cardcaptor Sakura, and I liked them very much, so I think we're on the same page, haha! I haven't watched Fullmetal Alchemist, so I think your recommendation will boost it to the top of my "to watch list".

Thanks for the advice regarding your AB's inner age, as well! I'll keep it in mind.
    Huh... curry buns. They're great but I guess, that I'm kinda more the sweet bun type of person somehow. At least I end up going for them most of the time.
    Eitherway, japanese curry is great in my opinion too. It's way different as the usual.

I agree about the part, that you're more willing to try something if it looks appealing. However this can also have the same effect in reverse. I'm always kinda scared if something looks too "chemical", despite the fact, that it may not be in the end ^_-.

I'm going to look Kuroshitsuji then. Can't think of any morbid anime I've seen so far, but I'm fine with macabre stuff. Thanks for the recommendation.

I get why you like these characters, do you like in general those rough and also independent female characters?
    And yeah... Kid is great. It's a big "jump"... and funny of course, when he's getting kinda hysteric, in contrast to his rather calm and profound nature.

Are you also into cosplay or do you plan to go for it someday? Since you visited a convention already.

And thanks for the detailed answer, by the way!