Thread: Who was it...

Default Who was it...

Who was it that coined the term diaper lover and infantilism?

CrinklySiren

cant seem to find anything on it in google :P or understanding infantilism.. but i find it curious that the word infantilism according to most computers isnt a real word -_- it always has the red line under it

How very true it's like we as people have a red line under us because of our interest in the matter. . .

CrinklySiren

hahahaha or lack of information maybe... hell ive even gone to therapists who were like "para...philic... infanti-what?!.... im guessing that means you like to act like a child?"

Me: -_- if you wanna get literal... sure.

Actually guys.... I was the one who coined the terms AB, DL, and infantalism.

I don't know seemed like the right thing to do at the time.

CrinklySiren

Quote Originally Posted by Becute View Post
    Actually guys.... I was the one who coined the terms AB, DL, and infantalism.

I don't know seemed like the right thing to do at the time.
    >.> ..... give me access to your time machine! >_<

What is the first known case of true infantilism
    The concept of Infantilism, a regressive tendency and predisposition to adolescent or pre adolescent behavioue and the very word were both introduced into psychology and philosophy by the Black scientist and head of Western Philosphy Doctor William F Fearon in 1995 in a discussion on white racism in psychology, the Philosophy of Psychology and related fields.

The accusation of that white university lecturers subscribed to a theory of Infantilism was directed at the teaching contingent at the schools of Psychology and Social Sciences at the University of Oxford in England.

There are no records of the concept of Infantilism appearing in English, Swedish or American psychology before 1995. Nor are there any records supporting the view that the concept was created by the p[sychoanalyst Sigmund Freud. If it had been constructed by Freud the historical record in academic text books would be extremely well documented.
    I've found no other information other than similar variations of what's above but I'd like to see what else anyone can come up with.

excuse my not citing, but i'm not paying to read old psycho-babble books online.

The term 'infantilism was first used by Lasegue in 1864, initially referring to adults, from 1908 also to retarded developments during childhood (by Anton), and subsequently the subject of ongoing psychiatric research.