Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sleepers in Warm Climates

Default Sleepers in Warm Climates

I was wondering what are the best ways to wear sleepers in warm climates. Specifically, which materials are best and if any companies make sleepers with thinner materials. Any tips on wearing would also be useful.

I have been trying to get into wearing sleeper pajamas for a while, but it is simply too warm where I live to justify regular use without running the AC too cold (which is also hard on my electricity bill).

I've never cracked this one either, all sleepers I've seen are pretty thick and warm. Mine is certainly great in winter but not so good in summer!

Jumpinjammerz *used* to produce "Rockstar Jammerz", they were a sheer like material(They were also marketed without graphics as Sheer Jammerz, but mostly in girly colors), with a low-profile nylon zipper. Really comfortable, even in summer. They seem to bring them back periodically, but it's been months since I've seen confirmation of them still being sold.

Bigfeetpjs also has some button up flannel ones. Not too kiddish, but they're bound to be cooler in the summer than polar fleece.

Baby Pants has a "Polar Fleece" one that I have, it's warmish in the summer, but I can manage(For the record, I keep my room at 69F, so if you run it hotter, perhaps not?). The main reason I like these is that they have no "Traction Dots" or anything of the sort. Straight fleece on the bottom, allows my feet to breath, rather than sweat.(I've removed the grip pad from my Snug as a bug sleeper. Just too dang hot, even in winter!)
    Last edited by Eulogy; 17-May-2013 at 03:14. Reason: Original flannel seller stopped selling. Replaced with another vendor's name(Who now sells such products)

Quote Originally Posted by aviationchild View Post
    I was wondering what are the best ways to wear sleepers in warm climates. Specifically, which materials are best and if any companies make sleepers with thinner materials. Any tips on wearing would also be useful.

I have been trying to get into wearing sleeper pajamas for a while, but it is simply too warm where I live to justify regular use without running the AC too cold (which is also hard on my electricity bill).
    I'm having someone on here make me an adult version of this: Little Keeper Sleeper<br>Long Sleeve with Footies - He sent me a sample of it and my god it's so stretchy yet thin. It'll be a forest green color but it's the best material for summer in my opinion. Plus it is close to the skin so it really shows off that bulge from your diaper if you like that stuff .

Zpeed

Wish they would make sleepers in silk and I don't mean the 2-piece clothing girls can buy..

CrinklySiren

i bought a 100% cotton sleeper on amazon :P from Footed Sleepers.com i mean its still pretty warm but its thinner cuz its cotton and not fleece or flannel

Quote Originally Posted by krone6 View Post
    I'm having someone on here make me an adult version of this: Little Keeper Sleeper<br>Long Sleeve with Footies - He sent me a sample of it and my god it's so stretchy yet thin. It'll be a forest green color but it's the best material for summer in my opinion. Plus it is close to the skin so it really shows off that bulge from your diaper if you like that stuff .
    Wow,

I'd love to get a pair of them...they look like they would feel awesome! I love tight stretchy clothing...

Pm me info if you can...I'd love a pair!

B

I just switch to onesies in the summer time, but I would like a lite cotton sleeper as well.

If its any help Donann in the UK do light weight cotton Sleepsuits. I wear these in the summer, and find them well suited to warmer weather

Cotton Onesies and All-in-one Sleepsuits - Donann

They're not quite the same as footed sleepers but there are a lot of cute summer kigurumi pajamas on eBay made of lightweight materials. (Just search for "summer kigurumi" )