View Poll Results: Would you help support the small community?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 66.67%
  • No

3 33.33%

Thread: A Idea for A new small AB diaper

Question A Idea for A new small AB diaper

I have been thinking about a way to help companies produce small adult baby/normal diapers that the small community could buy. I was reading a thread a couple of days ago and someone gave me an idea. I was wondering why do we not get all the small community together and we put our money together to buy a huge shipment of small adult baby diapers for us all. I was thinking we could use Kickstarter to help raise money and depending on how much you put in depends on how many you could get. The only issue with this idea is not everyone would trust someone they do not know, so I came up with two more ideas off of that. Since most of everyone trust Moo on this website we could ask him to help get it situated*If he is even interested*. My second idea was we could do a Kickstarter but we let bambino the company control the money. This way people would trust them, the company would have a place to put them all, and the company would make a profit knocking out the sipplu and demand. Now the thing is with this way is this might be more considering we are not skipping the middle man this way but it seems more reasonable.
    P.S. I have noticed anytime I post something in this forum people do not understand what I am talking about. If you do not understand just post below and I will do my best to explain it.

P.S. Also please no "There is not enough small waisted community for profit" I really in all honesty am tired of all of us getting the short end of the stick and just hearing that is not helping me in my post at all.

If you have any other comments about better ideas feel free to post about them. If this is succesful we could move onto making a good baby/adult pullup and stuff. I know a lot of people want that and I am just here trying to support the people that want something but can not obtain it.
    Last edited by kratox; 17-May-2013 at 00:11.

While I personally wouldn't need a small adult diaper, I think it would be cool if the community could get something like this together. The shipping and distribution logistics would be a major consideration.

Kickstarter won't accept projects that aim to produce health care or medical products, nor products that require bulk delivery to sponsors, so they're probably out. If there are enough interested parties, however, perhaps simple donations would suffice. With a well-chosen trustee, of course!

It's a nice idea on paper, but there's a lot of nitty gritty stuff in between that makes this sort of proposal, sorry to say, unrealistic

For starters... someone beat me to it:

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail
    Kickstarter won't accept projects that aim to produce health care or medical products, nor products that require bulk delivery to sponsors, so they're probably out.
    For future reference on any of your projects, Kickstarter is pretty crappy for this sort of thing anyway. Mind as well just take standard donations via Pay Pal. Unless people of course boycott their use and you lose potential funders. Some are big sticklers on that apparently....

Quote Originally Posted by kratox
    I have been thinking about a way to help companies produce small adult baby/normal diapers that the small community could buy.
    I'm not sure you understand how business works in this matter. This becomes further problematic if the site sponsors it. Which is not going to happen.

P.S. Also please no "There is not enough small waisted community for profit" I really in all honesty am tired of all of us getting the short end of the stick and just hearing that is not helping me in my post at all.
    It's the said reality, unfortunately. I'm in the 29-30 inch waist range myself and I make do with the mediums pretty well, though I would love small. It's nothing personal from the businesses. You can say "please no" but it's the sort of simple truth. There needs to be a market for them to go through all the trouble of creating a supply (which is quite a bit). A short term burst of cash shot (that might night even work) at X,Y,Z company really isn't a long term solution.

And then dealing with somehow organizing distribution to the people that did through a fundraiser? More so getting the company head to agree? I've handled money before for professional cons...that makes my head spin.

If you have any other comments about better ideas feel free to post about them. If this is succesful we could move onto making a good baby/adult pullup and stuff. I know a lot of people want that and I am just here trying to support the people that want something but can not obtain it.
    This type of idea won't work. There's a lot of business related and logistics issues that make this far too complicated. Sorry to be a downer in that light. You would be better off using all that donation money yourself to start your own company for a long term solution. Even more finding an investor that shares your vision. And you would have to find a group of people capable of making that vision a reality. Or gathering people to demand a small size to show there is. OR... even request special order from a company and hope for the best they can do that sort of thing for yourself.

If I had a 300k loan, and a 75k building, and staff to realize my creations, I'd be way ahead of ya. But then that business would be my life....and unfortunately making AB/DL diapers isn't my long standing passion personally.

For the record, you could always customize a brand that does make a small such as Tena for example. Kinda got to make do with we got.
    Last edited by Geno; 17-May-2013 at 05:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Geno View Post
    It's the said reality, unfortunately. I'm in the 29-30 inch waist range myself and I make do with the mediums pretty well, though I would love small. It's nothing personal from the businesses. You can say "please no" but it's the sort of simple truth. There needs to be a market for them to go through all the trouble of creating a supply (which is quite a bit). A short term burst of cash shot (that might night even work) at X,Y,Z company really isn't a long term solution.
    You are cool. I just did not want what happened to my last thread regarding small diapers to happen to this one. In my last thread I was trying to see if anyone had any ideas and majority of the post were nothing but" It can't be done". That literally did nothing to help me when I was asking for ideas. Like if one person says it, I just don't want a line of people just copying off of what one other person said when the whole point of the post was to come up with ideas. I am glad you took the consideration though to think this over. I too see a lot of flaws with this, but that is why I posted it. I want many people to help solve these flaws. I would like to get some idea in the works that we all could agree on that works and even if this fails it could help show companies that we the small community want good diapers just as much as others. I want the companies to see there is a need. If people just keep saying and believing "COMPANIES WILL NEVER MAKE GOOD SMALL DIAPERS" then why would the companies even bother.This statement simply is not true. Companies can make a good small adult/baby diaper, but we must show there are plenty of us that want a small diaper. I believe we are not putting enough effort to show that we want smalls. There are plenty of mediums and above sizes that out way us, so what they say would be heard more if we just sit here and do nothing but hoping. Like to me I always see something can be done even when most think it can not. There will always be that small window of hope there, but we must try to get to that window if we want to see our product.

As for what you guys said about kickstarter. This is great you let us know we can move onto another means of figuring it out.

Also thank you for your time on posting this just helps bring us closer to our final goal.

You will probably be looking at $20k-35k for a shipment of them. What you need is investors to buy stock that you don't have. But then again you will have 9000 packs of diapers. And Lord knows how long that will take to sell especially one size. I'm sure you can order different sizes, put your own print ideas on them. Then put them on the market. Rent a storage unit and hope that sales pick up rather quickly. Shipping is also a factor to consider. Depending on where you live it could be another hurdle to climb.

If you do get investors, having this shipment sent in multiple directions is just asking for trouble. Either get a local group together or pay a fair percentage of the sales depending on their contribution.

Say you get 4 other people along with you to invest $7,000 (not including shipping) for $35,000 total. If you sell packs at $15 you sell all 9000 packs of 8 (bought from manufacturer at $3.88 per pack). That would be $135,000/5=$28,000.

Remember that this doesn't include a lot of the other necessities needed to run a business. Then you would have almost enough to invest in half of your next shipment give or take. You give them(investors) their percentage of sales that they invested in to and you'll make a great partner to do business with. There will be a lot of trust involved in a process like this with all that are involved in the business venture.

If you don't hire employees and have the invested individuals or yourself doing all of the work needed to pack, ship, account, customer care, and so on. It would be a long grueling process to get it going. You'd need to build an attractive website. Don't forget everyone's favorite uncle in the process.

You'd also want to start an account with a Shipping carrier so you could get discounts for you and customer.

There's a lot to learn and consider when starting a business. It takes dedication and will power, even when you feel like crap. You have to stay on top of it or your customers will learn their lessons or be returning for more is up to you and your investors if they want to be a bigger party of the business.

Gain some knowledge for you and investors.

Getting 9000 packs split in 5 ways and having 5 websites selling the same thing would just be stupid.

Just thought I reply and tell you Bambino has yet to actually reply back about my idea. Not sure if they are just ignoring me, or just still debating it with the company if at all. They normally never ignore me though, so I don't expect the company to be rude like that.

The only way they could survive making smaller diapers is to market it to teenagers or something. And we all know how many people would whine about that.

Actually if you go to reviews about Goodnites and Underjams, usually it's not good. Parents often complain that the product could be better because of leaking issues and etc. They often say things like even the kids don't care if it's discreet or has prints on it, they rather have something that keeps the bed dry.
    There's only a few companies that make youth sized products, Tranquility, Attends that I know of. Tranquility would probably be the most effective, but it's still not as good as it can be.

The one thing about starting something like that would be that they don't have any kind of financial backing, especially with advertising. Without some kind of advertising it would be hard. The Bambino company doesn't really advertise outside of us, even for their regular incontinence products that they offer. I think that we are the majority of their earnings (I may be wrong).

Most incontinence sufferers don't know that there are better products outside of the usual store brands available locally. Medical supply stores aren't any better because everything is geared toward discretion. There has to be a line drawn when it comes to discretion at some point.

When Goodnites and Underjams advertise, usually it's kids on the package having sleepovers, but I highly doubt that most of these kids go to a sleepover (beyond family) even with these products.

You would really have to convince a company to change or add to their products. I know that people have been on to these companies to make a bigger size, but they only send back automated replies.

You'd have to go beyond emails to get through to them. Convince them with a bunch of people that have signed something or take a survey and send them the results. They've probably let the small size go because their wasn't enough sales or what not. Make a viable argument as to why they need to make the small size again.

Quote Originally Posted by crinklekitty View Post
    The only way they could survive making smaller diapers is to market it to teenagers or something. And we all know how many people would whine about that.
    Not trying to sound mean but I don't think you even read my idea. They would gather all the money first and order them. This way they could survive on the cost of it and provide us with a small diaper. We would just have to wait longer to get them. It is just aggravating to hear all these good things about a diaper brand, and when you go to their site to see they don't offer a small, or they offer one and it just has horrible absorbency.

I just feel like none of you care at times. Like you guys have abena in plastic back, dry 24/7, bambinos, and then abu. IF you look at the small community what do we have. A small diaper from abu that doesn't even absorb much. Nothing but a cloth diaper from abena that looses its snugness overtime and will leak way before it is full. No small dry 24/7. None of the high praised bambino diapers. And then the only two plastic backed diapers you even have left have issues that prevent you from buying. You look at molicare and then you notice an extreme drop in absorbency compared to the medium and then you got the tena slip maxi which has way to high of a price making it simply a luxury to order. So I ask you what do we small do.

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLMaNN1983 View Post
    Actually if you go to reviews about Goodnites and Underjams, usually it's not good. Parents often complain that the product could be better because of leaking issues and etc. They often say things like even the kids don't care if it's discreet or has prints on it, they rather have something that keeps the bed dry.
    There's only a few companies that make youth sized products, Tranquility, Attends that I know of. Tranquility would probably be the most effective, but it's still not as good as it can be.

The one thing about starting something like that would be that they don't have any kind of financial backing, especially with advertising. Without some kind of advertising it would be hard. The Bambino company doesn't really advertise outside of us, even for their regular incontinence products that they offer. I think that we are the majority of their earnings (I may be wrong).

Most incontinence sufferers don't know that there are better products outside of the usual store brands available locally. Medical supply stores aren't any better because everything is geared toward discretion. There has to be a line drawn when it comes to discretion at some point.

When Goodnites and Underjams advertise, usually it's kids on the package having sleepovers, but I highly doubt that most of these kids go to a sleepover (beyond family) even with these products.

You would really have to convince a company to change or add to their products. I know that people have been on to these companies to make a bigger size, but they only send back automated replies.

You'd have to go beyond emails to get through to them. Convince them with a bunch of people that have signed something or take a survey and send them the results. They've probably let the small size go because their wasn't enough sales or what not. Make a viable argument as to why they need to make the small size again.
    Thank you for trying to help, but with all the comments about people saying we will never ever IN OUR LIFE TIME have a good small diaper I don't feel they would even try to help me. They would simply tell me it can not be done, but I am gonna try anyways. I rather fail trying then not doing anything about it

Quote Originally Posted by kratox View Post

Thank you for trying to help, but with all the comments about people saying we will never ever IN OUR LIFE TIME have a good small diaper I don't feel they would even try to help me. They would simply tell me it can not be done, but I am gonna try anyways. I rather fail trying then not doing anything about it
    I like your attitude, if you do collect a survey of some kind with more than one opinion coming from an email saying I'm from this community of people and have many people that would like to have a small size diaper, but have nothing but heresay. I know they have gotten emails from several people spaced out over time. When they see a large amount of people requesting it in one form of documentary evidence, it may give them a better push to make these available.

Create a survey from a reputable website where people can go and make their wishes for it. Send the survey to them after a certain time and let them make a decision based off of that... Hard Facts.