Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Star Trek: Into Darkness

Default Star Trek: Into Darkness

Going to leave this thread here for anyone who wants to discuss the upcoming Star Trek film, releasing tomorrow night at midnight. I have already seen it and do not wish to give anything away, beyond the fact that if you are a Star Trek fan, you will be blown away!

So for now I await your responses. Also if you would like to discuss the trailers for the film here you may. As well as your thoughts on J.J. Abrams and his love of lens flares.

I liked the first one, the J.J. Abrams reboot well enough. So, I'll check out this one maybe on Friday afternoon or sometime next week.

I have no idea what the Villain is all about other then he might get control of Enterprise somehow and San Fransisco (starfleet) gets attacked, again.

Abrams has pretty much reinvented the Star Trek franchise. The old movies were just incredibly boring to watch. If it's anything like the previous movie, I will definitely enjoy it. I hope they come out with a 3D Blu-ray version of it, because that would be sick.

Me and the misses can't wait till it gets released to the theater here around...

I love star trek and all things related to the show, die hard fan since i was really young.

That being said, I do like the new movies. However they dont really feel the same as they did before. I do like what JJ abrams is doing with it and hopefully people will get more into the star trek series.

I wonder what Gene Roddenberry would have to say about all this :'3 Haha

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieAutomatic View Post
    I love star trek and all things related to the show, die hard fan since i was really young.

That being said, I do like the new movies. However they dont really feel the same as they did before. I do like what JJ abrams is doing with it and hopefully people will get more into the star trek series.

I wonder what Gene Roddenberry would have to say about all this :'3 Haha
    His first star trek movie got me into it. I still think even ST:TNG is campy but I might start watching it from netflix.

I am not too thrilled from what I have been told from a friend of mine in Europe who saw the movie already... I'm not happy with the fact they bought back a familiar face from the past as the bad guy and completely rewrote a MAJOR part of Star Trek canon. My best friend from high school and I were discussing that earlier tonight and due to the fact I have no desire to release the spoiler..... I only asked my friend case she like me; is a huge fan of Star Trek.

I'm not happy they decided to rewrite Trek canon.

However, I am going to see the movie this Saturday with some friends of mine who are fellow Star Trek fans and I can't wait to see what they think of it. I am looking forward to seeing the movie, but a lot less so since my friend told me the reveal of who the baddie is. I only asked cause I wanted to put internet rumors to bed and unfortunately the rumors are true. Go look it up if you want but I don't want to spoil the movie.

WildThing121675

Quote Originally Posted by WildThing121675 View Post
    I am not too thrilled from what I have been told from a friend of mine in Europe who saw the movie already... I'm not happy with the fact they bought back a familiar face from the past as the bad guy and completely rewrote a MAJOR part of Star Trek canon. My best friend from high school and I were discussing that earlier tonight and due to the fact I have no desire to release the spoiler..... I only asked my friend case she like me; is a huge fan of Star Trek.

However, I am going to see the movie this Saturday with some friends of mine who are fellow Star Trek fans and I can't wait to see what they think of it. I am looking forward to seeing the movie, but a lot less so since my friend told me the reveal of who the baddie is. I only asked cause I wanted to put internet rumors to bed and unfortunately the rumors are true. Go look it up if you want but I don't want to spoil the movie.

WildThing121675
    In the first one (of J.J's startrek), Spock meets his older self and because of the time travel and kirk's dad dying, etc. It makes a totally new time line where things can be different from the original series while still maintaining the same creatures, planets, people and places.

Quote Originally Posted by WildThing121675 View Post

WildThing121675
    That's your problem right there, you are relying on others to tell you about the movie rather than watch it for yourself. You don't need the opinion of a friend before you have seen the movie. Your entire posts says to see what "others" think. What about you? what do you think?

I am going to give it a chance much like I did when the last one came out in 2009. I am a huge Trek fan and someone who has watched Star Trek for years so I take it a little seriously sometimes. I'm not too thrilled with the guy J.J. Abrams chose as the main bad guy, not the actor but the character. It's going to be interesting to see how things come across with this film. The last one was OK, I admit I liked parts of it but there were parts I did not like.

The part I liked most was seeing young Kirk meet old Spock on the ice planet- plus I got chills and goosebumps hearing Leonard Nimoy as Spock again for the first time since 1991. I also liked seeing the differences between the two Star Treks. I also know they created a whole new timeline for the movie but still- I take canon seriously.

The reason I asked my friend is cause of all the internet rumors plus I was curious about what my friend thought of it and I was curious about the plot a bit. I have had mixed feelings since she told me who the bad guy was as I also had issues with the last Star Trek series cause they screwed up a lot of what had already been established.

Also; another thing I don't like about these new Star Trek films is that they made them too action-adventure oriented and they don't feel the same as the other Star Trek films did. Yet... the first one was enjoyable. I am looking forward to seeing the movie to be honest- I am hoping to see it this weekend if I can afford it but given how tight my finances are right now... might have to wait two weeks. I apologize if it seems I was judging based on what my friend in Europe told me- but I was hoping JJ would have chose more Klingons, Romulans, the Borg and aliens than who they did as the villain.

I AM looking forward to seeing the movie in the theatre- and for the record; I've got the official movie poster from the last film- I got it as a gift from a friend of mine for my birthday that year plus I do have it on DVD; might put it on later tonight and watch it again. Been a while since I have seen it.

I apologize if I seemed kind of rushing to judgment with the new movie but sometimes I do that. I will hold off on final judgment until I have actually seen the movie. I am hoping to see it this weekend and I hope that it is enjoyable.

WildThing121675