Thread: My first pack of bambinos! (Also quick question)

meomeseattle

Default My first pack of bambinos! (Also quick question)

Just bought my first pack of bambinos! I'm super stoked about this because all I have ever used are depends. I am a little nervous how discreet the shipping will be, but from what I've read no on has had any problems with bambino's discreet shipping.

My quick question is: what can I use to eliminate the "wet" odor so my roomate does not become suspicious and to keep my room smelling clean?

Every time Bambinos have been shopped to my house its been very, very discreet.

As for the wet diaper smell, I don't have any tips other then drink mostly water or drinks with low sugar.

meomeseattle

Ok good, that was one thing I really nervous about.

Wetness isn't going to be the biggest concern as long as you are well hydrated and you can dispose of them in a timely manner. If for some reason you need to hang onto them for a bit, double bagging at a minimum is a good idea and I hear baking soda in the diaper before bagging it up is also a good thing (I haven't had cause to try it).

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Wetness isn't going to be the biggest concern as long as you are well hydrated and you can dispose of them in a timely manner. If for some reason you need to hang onto them for a bit, double bagging at a minimum is a good idea and I hear baking soda in the diaper before bagging it up is also a good thing (I haven't had cause to try it).
    Based on my personal experience, the baking soda will help at least for a day or two, but it probably depends highly on your diet.

Congratulations on your first Bambino experience. I have been wearing these diapers since the company was first founded and I am confident you will enjoy these diapers.

meomeseattle

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I experimented with the baking soda idea and I figure out it does decrease the smell, but does not eliminate it completely. Its definitely a technique I'm going to use.

Funloving

I agree, they are excellent. I have been using them for 6 months now and they are better than anything else on the market. They fit extremely well, and they are very absorbent. In extreme cases I have pushed hte limits and never had a problem.
    I have never had a leak, they are the best for odor control. I use them day and night.

Glad my baking soda suggestion seems to help others. It's worth noting though - After a certain period of time(Weeks), the baking soda will in fact worsen the scent in theory. Once it can no longer "Absorb" the smells, it will smell bad as well. It's sort of like baby powder. Smells great dry, 7 hours of being wet makes it smell worse than the wet diaper, though.