Thread: Greetings from babykittykat! ^_^

Default Greetings from babykittykat! ^_^

Hi! I' m babykittykat. I'm newer than new to the ABDL community and am here to learn lots of stuff. I'm kind of a babyfur, and still working out all of the words that fit this part of myself and where I am headed on this journey of
    little bitty-ness.

I come from a history of always being a big/caretaker & have been actively incorporating regression into my life in various forms since I was in my 20s. I've been involved in the Bay Area BDSM scene for over 8 years now and have always had an interest in ageplay and regression. It's only recently that I've been allowing myself to explore the more vulnerable sides of my desires. I see my interest in ABDL and this forum as creating/allowing myself a safe space for self-care and understanding. And of course to make new friends too!

I only have one other ABDL friend, but he is going to Mongolia for two whole years at the end of this month. And that makes me sad. I thought if I made other friends like him, maybe I wouldn't be as lonely?

My interests, oh my! Well, I'm very sparkly and do lots of sparkly things that make people happy. As in yes I *actually* sparkle (it's pretty cool & not like Twilight), but also I'm a performer and I love fantasy & theater makeup, glitter, drag performance, circus arts, dancing, singing, reading a good high fantasy book, dogs, and riding my bike. I'm pretty nerdy and introverted, until I get dressed up and then I really enjoy interacting with people. I'm a DJ, nightlife promoter and fundraiser for the LGBTIQQXYZ community here in the Bay as well!

I like moving my body. I'm taking circus classes: contortion & handbalancing and teaching myself how to juggle and make balloon animals. I'm developing my face painting skills because I have a plan to become more well-known as one of my clown personas and am going to start performing at littles public play parties (non-sexual ageplay parties) and private events as well as actual children's events. I'm also a member of a clown troupe dance company here in the Bay and I love it very much.

I'm also crafty (not the mean kind, honest!) and am learning how to sew and want to DIY as much of my own baby gear if possible. I'll be raiding any tutorials in the very near future, you can bet on that. If there are any other DIYers out there, I'd love to talk shop!

I am looking to learn primarily from those who are on this site about what works for them and how they view ABDL. I'm opinionated, focused on positive self-growth and am seeking what works for me. If it resonates and helps me love myself I'm all about it! If not, then I know how to politely disengage and find another sandbox to play in. Of course, I would love to make a few close connections/friendships with members if that happens to come about, but it's okay if not. ^_^

It's nice to meet you all. <3

purrpurrpurr,

babykittykat

Quote Originally Posted by babykittykat View Post
    Hi! I' m babykittykat. I'm newer than new to the ABDL community and am here to learn lots of stuff. I'm kind of a babyfur, and still working out all of the words that fit this part of myself and where I am headed on this journey of
    little bitty-ness.

I come from a history of always being a big/caretaker & have been actively incorporating regression into my life in various forms since I was in my 20s. I've been involved in the Bay Area BDSM scene for over 8 years now and have always had an interest in ageplay and regression. It's only recently that I've been allowing myself to explore the more vulnerable sides of my desires. I see my interest in ABDL and this forum as creating/allowing myself a safe space for self-care and understanding. And of course to make new friends too!

I only have one other ABDL friend, but he is going to Mongolia for two whole years at the end of this month. And that makes me sad. I thought if I made other friends like him, maybe I wouldn't be as lonely?

My interests, oh my! Well, I'm very sparkly and do lots of sparkly things that make people happy. As in yes I *actually* sparkle (it's pretty cool & not like Twilight), but also I'm a performer and I love fantasy & theater makeup, glitter, drag performance, circus arts, dancing, singing, reading a good high fantasy book, dogs, and riding my bike. I'm pretty nerdy and introverted, until I get dressed up and then I really enjoy interacting with people. I'm a DJ, nightlife promoter and fundraiser for the LGBTIQQXYZ community here in the Bay as well!

I like moving my body. I'm taking circus classes: contortion & handbalancing and teaching myself how to juggle and make balloon animals. I'm developing my face painting skills because I have a plan to become more well-known as one of my clown personas and am going to start performing at littles public play parties (non-sexual ageplay parties) and private events as well as actual children's events. I'm also a member of a clown troupe dance company here in the Bay and I love it very much.

I'm also crafty (not the mean kind, honest!) and am learning how to sew and want to DIY as much of my own baby gear if possible. I'll be raiding any tutorials in the very near future, you can bet on that. If there are any other DIYers out there, I'd love to talk shop!

I am looking to learn primarily from those who are on this site about what works for them and how they view ABDL. I'm opinionated, focused on positive self-growth and am seeking what works for me. If it resonates and helps me love myself I'm all about it! If not, then I know how to politely disengage and find another sandbox to play in. Of course, I would love to make a few close connections/friendships with members if that happens to come about, but it's okay if not. ^_^

purrpurrpurr,

babykittykat
    What a great introduction! Welcome to adisc. I can tell with your outgoing purrrrsonality you will make lots of friends here! Browse around at the various posts and be sure to check out the different groups the site has.

Hey ya, babykittykat!

That's a really great introduction, you've made.

Just take your time, I guess everyone can relate how it feels still being kinda new with this whole *bdl stuff. And how hard it can be to find the perfect... feeling for yourself and what you like, figuratively speaking.

But since you already have a lot of experience from your bdsm activities... well it's a benefit ;). Feel free to ask, if you have any question. After all, this is a support community.

So it seems, regarding bdsm, you're more a kind of dom? If I may ask, since you stated yourself as a kind of caretaker. But you said, that you're a babyfur, you think. So it's a kind of switching roles now? I'm curious.

Having a friend can surely help a lot to get along with this stuff in general. I hope that you're able to meet a bunch of nice person's, which share the same interests as you! :)

Wow... i've never heard about circus classes, but now I get the idea about how to get some experience for this kind of job. I guess you like this balancing stuff in general? I've been kinda bad at it, sadly. Though I enjoyed to juggle a lot in school.

Are you doing drag perfomance by yourself, or do you rather enjoy watching it? Anyway, I think somehow it's great, sorta. It's a lot of work usual. I've never known any drag king/queen in private, but just from looking at them it seems like a lot stuff to dress up like that.

What's your favorite books, if I may ask? I'm also into fantasy stuff mostly, though I also like this "social criticizing" fantasy stuff a little bit more, mostly ^_-. But in general, I like to read a lot, so if you got an underrated recommendation, I'd be happy to read it.

And what's your favorite dances? Are you still taking classes?

Anyway, welcome to adisc and you'll surely have a lot of fun!

Quote Originally Posted by zipperless View Post
    Browse around at the various posts and be sure to check out the different groups the site has.
    Thanks, zipperless! I've done some light browsing of the groups already and have found a few fun ones to join. It seems like most of the "action" happens more on the forum itself, though - has that been your experience too?

Yes it does! Lots of fun stuff, even some arguments. They're not always fun, though.

Quote Originally Posted by daLira View Post
    Just take your time, I guess everyone can relate how it feels still being kinda new with this whole *bdl stuff. And how hard it can be to find the perfect... feeling for yourself and what you like, figuratively speaking.
    Thanks, daLira. It's really nice to get an encouraging perspective. I know it takes time to work these things out and at the same time I sometimes wish had all of puzzle pieces together to make a nice, neat picture. But then I guess the joy of putting the puzzle together (with help from friends too) would be missed out on, right?

So it seems, regarding bdsm, you're more a kind of dom? If I may ask, since you stated yourself as a kind of caretaker. But you said, that you're a babyfur, you think. So it's a kind of switching roles now? I'm curious.
    I'm happy you're curious, I really like all of your questions! They helped me see that I put two subjects into a short sentence and wasn't being terribly clear. I was specifically referring to my familial/social history of being a caretaker and then my BDSM lifestyle choices.

Growing up, I was asked to be an adult at a very early age. It was expected of me, necessary at times, and I had no choice in the matter as my mother was ill practically my entire life. It made me a more confident person in some ways and was difficult in others. Looking back on it, it was a non-consensual situation to a degree and now I allow myself to feel and act childish whenever it is appropriate, buy fun and bright things for myself, and I am also exploring this community to see if I can learn more from others.

Then there's the kinky side of me. That part started out as a pretty primal (growly, scratchy, bitey) being that wanted to be in control most of the time, but I didn't understand that's what was happening when I was in my late teens & exploring my sexuality.

When I entered the kink community here, it was very consensual and positive! I started by bottoming to experienced players, attending workshops, and volunteering at play parties (If I don't have a job, I often freeze with shyness/social anxiety, hence my desire to 'perform'). I wanted to understand more about my body and sensations that appealed to me. From there to now, I suppose I'm more spiritually/energetically in tune with myself and how I play with others, but have been pretty comfortable with the label of switch. I have a variety of interests and like silly, loving and nurturing play, among others.

In ageplay scenes, I've usually been the big/caretaker role with my little. I have only a small experience of being little with a big taking care of me. I'm protective of that part of me and am still learning about it, so I'm comfortable being alone & regressing or being at a BDSM play party having a scene by myself while all the 'action' goes on around me.

Wow... i've never heard about circus classes, but now I get the idea about how to get some experience for this kind of job. I guess you like this balancing stuff in general? I've been kinda bad at it, sadly. Though I enjoyed to juggle a lot in school.
    I think I do! I never really thought about it that way, though. I like being in my body and learning about it. What makes it sore? What makes me feel rooted? What makes me happy? I want to be close with myself and for some reason, movement - dancing, clowning, contortion, biking, they all feel really good and keep me from getting too blue.

Cool! You juggled? I still don't know how to yet, but I'm teaching myself real soon!

Are you doing drag perfomance by yourself, or do you rather enjoy watching it? Anyway, I think somehow it's great, sorta. It's a lot of work usual. I've never known any drag king/queen in private, but just from looking at them it seems like a lot stuff to dress up like that.
    I have been performing as a drag queen for a little over 5 years. I love it, but there are also some limitations and social restrictions to it that have me seeking out other types of performance like burlesque (or drag numbers and burleqsue = draglesque) or clowning which help me reach a larger, more diverse audience. Regardless, you are correct, it is ALOT of work! And I also really enjoy attending drag shows, but I'm shy & usually don't get out unless I'm performing, honestly.

What's your favorite books, if I may ask? I'm also into fantasy stuff mostly, though I also like this "social criticizing" fantasy stuff a little bit more, mostly ^_-.
    Oh gosh! Um, lessee...here's a few to check out: A Game of Thrones, The Dragonbone Chair, and I'd highly recommend Ursula Le Guin's Earthsea Series along with literally anything by Octavia Butler, especially her Patternist Series. What are some of your favorite books?

And what's your favorite dances? Are you still taking classes?

Ooh. Okay, well, I've taken ballroom for a few years, so have a basic understanding of that. I lovelovelove to go clubbing and dancing at fun events too! I currently take a beginning modern dance class every week and it's really fun, but it also kicks my butt the next few days, too. In June I'll be taking a(n?) LGBT belly dancing class and there's gonna be pop and lock tutorials too!

Some fun examples:

Popping and locking with Katie Lee(has a little more contemporary dance mixed in)

Korean Student Pop n Lock... Amazing!!

Hope that helps answer your questions, again, thanks for being so open. You're nice, wanna be friends?
    Last edited by babykittykat; 15-May-2013 at 08:58. Reason: grammatical error fixings

Quote Originally Posted by zipperless View Post
    Yes it does! Lots of fun stuff, even some arguments. They're not always fun, though.
    Yeah, *pushes out lower lip & makes sad eyes*. I've noticed a lot of differences of opinion on here and think I'll just tiptoe around that! I'm much more into the fun stuff! I love that you have that adorable profile pic of Jerry in such a full diaper, it totally cracked me up!

I saw that one of your interests is movies, what are some of your favorites?

Thanks, daLira. It's really nice to get an encouraging perspective. I know it takes time to work these things out and at the same time I sometimes wish had all of puzzle pieces together to make a nice, neat picture. But then I guess the joy of putting the puzzle together (with help from friends too) would be missed out on, right?

*snip*

Oh gosh! Um, lessee...here's a few to check out: A Game of Thrones, The Dragonbone Chair, and I'd highly recommend Ursula Le Guin's Earthsea Series along with literally anything by Octavia Butler, especially her Patternist Series. What are some of your favorite books?

Hope that helps answer your questions, again, thanks for being so open. You're nice, wanna be friends?
    Pretty much, so thanks a lot for answering. And also quite detailed aaaand sure .

I guess, while it can be fun putting the puzzle together, sometimes. It wouldn't be that bad on the other hand to already have a shady big picture sometimes... *jiggles*

About the books, I'll look into them in time, they sound promising. Luckily my to-read list ain't that long, so this get's me surely occupied for quite some time.

It's kinda hard to tell, which are my favorites of all time, in the end it varies a little bit. But besides the typical HP & LotR, I also like a lot a brave new world, fight club, Pride and Prejudice, THGttG, neuromancer, Snow Crash... It, well yeah, this stuff mostly.

little bitty-ness.

purrpurrpurr,

babykittykat
    Hi!

A very warm and snugly welcome to the forum from me!

There are some REALLY beautiful drag artists out there, some of them even put us Women to shame!

What is your favourite outfit to wear when in drag?

Including the broad spectrum of personas that you must have, which one is your favourite and why?

Excuse me for being an ignorant English person, but when you say "in the Bay" where do you mean?

I am not going to be someone to learn from as I only happen to be here after searching "incontinence" in tapatalk forum app. However, as the peeps here are lovely, warm, very welcoming and definitely non-judgemental, I thought I would pull up a pew and stay.

One part of your posts that has intrigued me... when you say that you had to grow up pretty quick as your Mum has always been poorly, can I ask what that was like for you growing up and missing out on spending time with your Mum and not doing things all your friends were doing with their Mums?

Reason I am asking is because my two children have not had much of a life these past 7 years since I fell so ill and I wanted to be able to understand from my Daughter and Son's perspective so I can try to make life better for them now, and in the long run.

I hope you enjoy your stay here, I am going to bugger off and leave you in peace now.

Toodle-pip!

CV x

Yeah, *pushes out lower lip & makes sad eyes*. I've noticed a lot of differences of opinion on here and think I'll just tiptoe around that! I'm much more into the fun stuff! I love that you have that adorable profile pic of Jerry in such a full diaper, it totally cracked me up!

I saw that one of your interests is movies, what are some of your favorites?
    I mostly like comedies, brash ones and good old chick flicks. I am a Star Wars fan and enjoy the super hero movies, too.