Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: plastic backed baby diapers

Default plastic backed baby diapers

Is there still any manufacture that sells plastic backed baby diapers in the usa anymore i have been trying to find some for a while now no luck so far hope you folks can help!

Quote Originally Posted by KenworthW900b View Post
    Is there still any manufacture that sells plastic backed baby diapers in the usa anymore i have been trying to find some for a while now no luck so far hope you folks can help!
    None of the big names, no. The only ones I'm aware of are Cool Diaps, which used to be sold at Babies 'R' Us. Now, unfortunately, they're only available online and in 3-packs. They are too small to be worn by even the skinniest DL here, though; the wings have absolutely no stretch to them, in keeping with plastic-backed tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    None of the big names, no. The only ones I'm aware of are Cool Diaps, which used to be sold at Babies 'R' Us. Now, unfortunately, they're only available online and in 3-packs. They are too small to be worn by even the skinniest DL here, though; the wings have absolutely no stretch to them, in keeping with plastic-backed tradition.
    To add-on to that, they are quite thin, they don't hold much of anything. I know that they are made for babies...but still, they are cool with every feature you expect to see in a premium diaper except for capacity.

I've been able to find them in Kmart stores sold in the 3 piece sample pack in size 3/4. They are worth getting for a collection. They are usually hanging around on little plastic strips of hooks. Depending on where the store decides to put them, they are not always found near the diapers. They also have goodnite bed pad samples the last time I have went into one.

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLMaNN1983 View Post
    I've been able to find them in Kmart stores sold in the 3 piece sample pack in size 3/4.
    Ah, interesting. I haven't been to a Kmart in ages. Nice to know they're good for a bit of diaper arcana.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    Ah, interesting. I haven't been to a Kmart in ages. Nice to know they're good for a bit of diaper arcana.
    Kmart has gone down hill, in a valley rather. They have let those stores go and they are flat out ugly and old and look like stores from the 70s. I was born in 83 but anyway.

They need to rejuvenate and modernize the stores before they get neglected for ugliness.

In Israel we have one diapers company that still sells plastic backed diapers.
    as said here before, they wont fit you. i buy them for the nice touch and sometimes i go sleep with one in my hand.
    they called "Litufim".Click image for larger version. 

Name:	019988.jpg 
Views:	1109 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	17063

Quote Originally Posted by KenworthW900b View Post
    I got mine here | 99only

Zpeed

Soon enough there will be "one-size-fit-all", since the diapers can stretch, so I doubt plastic will ever return

The same is happening in the adult world, but stretch sucks, cause I can never get it to fit properly

Back in 09 or so I saw a travel pack of plastic diapers at Bangor International Airport in the shop that sells magazines and stuff. Wouldn't doubt they are still there considering the amount of dust on them. They are out there just in the least expected places.