Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TV Network FOX...

Default TV Network FOX...

First off, there is a difference between "Season Finale" and "Series Finale"... Don't confuse the two.

Now that's out of the way, I can't gauge my anger towards a certain show as my above statement is seeming to be both...

I'm bouncing in-between for the fact the news of that certain show is infuriating! Though, with it; is the reason why I have stopped allocating time to watch any TV.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaH View Post
    First off, there is a difference between "Season Finale" and "Series Finale"... Don't confuse the two.

Now that's out of the way, I can't gauge my anger towards a certain show as my above statement is seeming to be both...

I'm bouncing in-between for the fact the news of that certain show is infuriating! Though, with it; is the reason why I have stopped allocating time to watch any TV.
    Incorrect actually. Just look at the UK. What we call seasons they've called series forever in the TV/Radio department.

Fox is heavily indecent. The only shows that truly belong on that network bar none is The Simpsons, Bobs Burgers and any show that would fall into that catagory. What is the point of having a chef go around, yelling at people for only doing their job? Or making a mockery of someone on national television of their voice when they've obviously worked hard on it. Fuck Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by Balto91 View Post
    Fuck Fox.
    /thread

But seriously... Pretty much anybody in their right mind dislikes fox "news." It's trashy.

Quote Originally Posted by incontinentGM24 View Post
    Incorrect actually. Just look at the UK. What we call seasons they've called series forever in the TV/Radio department.
    Correct, if you use the word season over here in the UK it's probably more likely you are talking about the weather (that permanent topic of conversation) or fashion, e.g. "Polka dot is in this season".

I'm not entirely sure what your usage of series of season actually is, I assume a season is a particular consecutive run of episodes of a show.
    Is a series a run of seasons, or in other words the complete collection of all episodes of one show? Or does it relate the practice of splitting the run of episodes for a year into two sections, i.e. each individual part is a season and the two together are the series?

If you buy a box set here it will probably say something like "series 7" of if the run of programmes was split between sets (whether of not there was a split in air time) it would say "Series 7: Episodes 1-6" and "Series 7: episodes 7-13" Occasionally I see the word season used, in which case it tends to be the box set of an American program.

Here at least the terms series and season are used interchangeably as far as I'm aware, because one is a term we don't use much.

Quote Originally Posted by Balto91 View Post
    Fox is heavily indecent. The only shows that truly belong on that network bar none is The Simpsons, Bobs Burgers and any show that would fall into that catagory. What is the point of having a chef go around, yelling at people for only doing their job? Or making a mockery of someone on national television of their voice when they've obviously worked hard on it. Fuck Fox.
    These are all the shows Fox canceled:

Firefly
    Futurama (Twice. Now killed off by Comedy Central)
    Arrested Devlopment
    Family Guy (Once, and then brought back)
    Terminator: The Sara Conner Chronicles

The Simpsons might as well be called "Beating the dead horse" these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Futurama (Twice. Now killed off by Comedy Central)
    Oh God dammit not again!

At least this means it won't go the way of The Simpsons I guess.

I think I'm missing some context here :/

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    These are all the shows Fox canceled:

Firefly
    Man, did that show ever die before its time.

The only time I ever watch anything on or from FOX is for my Green Bay Packers!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    The only time I ever watch anything on or from FOX is for my Green Bay Packers!
    Do you mean the Fudge Packers? Hehehe, they do have a great thing going with the NFL. The Saints' games are broadcasted by the FOX network as well. Probably the only thing that FOX has going for it. Terry Bradshaw makes the pregame shows worth watching and they aren't as boring as CBS.