Thread: My intro

Chelseachels

Default My intro

Hi, i'm new to forums and all but apparently i should do an intro!

I was a bedwetter up until about age 8 or 9. I don't remember it being discussed too much in my family actually, but my parents were always pretty supportive without saying too much about it.

I mostly wore a nappy to bed, but I remember there being a stage of an unsuccessful bedwetting alarm trial when I was about 6 i think. I also remember that in the later bedwetting years Mum or Dad would put my nappy on for me at night, but I was in charge of taking it off in the morning and putting it in the bin. It's funny because I remember on school mornings I would be keen to tear it off and jump in the shower, but on weekends I was lazier/wanted to watch cartoons and would sometimes leave it on - I recall being gently reminded on a few occasions when I was at the breakfast table in a wet nappy.

I dont remember caring too much that i had to wear them actually, except for occasional humiliations from my sister (which were thankfully rare). E.g. On one occasion on an interstate holiday with another family she whispered loudly to me before we went to sleep "did mum remember your nappies?" and I was so sure that the other kids heard!! They probably didn't. But that stuck in my mind.

Anyway, i always thought about nappies, but it wasn't until maybe 18 that i realised I might like them. Recently built up the courage to buy a pack of Drynites, but a bit scared about experimenting just yet. Oh and I'm 26.

And that's me

Quote Originally Posted by Chelseachels View Post
    Hi, i'm new to forums and all but apparently i should do an intro!

I was a bedwetter up until about age 8 or 9. I don't remember it being discussed too much in my family actually, but my parents were always pretty supportive without saying too much about it.

I mostly wore a nappy to bed, but I remember there being a stage of an unsuccessful bedwetting alarm trial when I was about 6 i think. I also remember that in the later bedwetting years Mum or Dad would put my nappy on for me at night, but I was in charge of taking it off in the morning and putting it in the bin. It's funny because I remember on school mornings I would be keen to tear it off and jump in the shower, but on weekends I was lazier/wanted to watch cartoons and would sometimes leave it on - I recall being gently reminded on a few occasions when I was at the breakfast table in a wet nappy.

I dont remember caring too much that i had to wear them actually, except for occasional humiliations from my sister (which were thankfully rare). E.g. On one occasion on an interstate holiday with another family she whispered loudly to me before we went to sleep "did mum remember your nappies?" and I was so sure that the other kids heard!! They probably didn't. But that stuck in my mind.

Anyway, i always thought about nappies, but it wasn't until maybe 18 that i realised I might like them. Recently built up the courage to buy a pack of Drynites, but a bit scared about experimenting just yet. Oh and I'm 26.

And that's me
    What a great introduction! Welcome to our (your) site! There are a lot of people here with similar experiences growing up such as yours and there is a lot of encouraging articles for dls and reviews of the best diapers. What is your favorite diaper? What are some of your other non dl interests?

Hi and welcome to adisc ! There's a lot of things in this site as zipperless said, it's great
    We all have been through the fear of buying diapers, I still have it, but I'm working on it
    Do you have another interests besides this ?