Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Review of New (2013) Style Pull-Ups Training Pants (WITH PICS!)

Default Review of New (2013) Style Pull-Ups Training Pants (WITH PICS!)

Well, I saw a commercial for new design pull-ups earlier this week, and I finally got my hands on some. I thought they would be exclusively "Monsters" designs, as shown in the commercial, but to my surprise, they were a mixture of "Cars" AND "Monsters"!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0497.jpg 
Views:	7980 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	17013Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0498.jpg 
Views:	7204 
Size:	58.2 KB 
ID:	17014
    There are some changes between the old red sided Cars style and these new Pull-Ups. First off, they are very noticeably SOFTER. The little fastening tabs are gone off the sides, and they seem stretchier than before. The side materials are also softer. The sides STRETCH waaaay easier than they used to.

Name:	IMG_0502.jpg 
Views:	7482 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	17015Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0516.jpg 
Views:	8195 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	17016
    As for the fit, they seem to fit much better than before. They stay up better, especially when wet. They almost seem like they ride higher than before, but I have not actually comparatively measured. The colors are much more vivid, and there is a LOT more attention to detail. The fading designs are a speedometer reading 100 MPH on the "Cars" Pull-Ups, and a trophy on the "Monsters" Pull-Ups.

Name:	IMG_0534.jpg 
Views:	14289 
Size:	43.8 KB 
ID:	17017Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0543.jpg 
Views:	6647 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	17018
    As for absorbency, they are almost exactly the same as before. As for durability, I have yet to wear one overnight or to mow the lawn to truly gauge this, but I did wear one wet for ~5 hours, and it did not show any signs at all of separating or tearing anywhere. A major improvement over the last style!
    -
    Summary: The designs are bright, fresh and fun. The fit and feel is significantly better - much, much softer - the sides have more free play, the sides are softer - the diaper feels all-around bigger than before - stays in place, even when fully soaked (the old ones liked to start riding down when fully soaked). The absorbency has stayed the same; 1.5 - 2 normal sized wettings, 1 large wetting. The durability is much improved, I think due to them being possibly larger, or having improved sides. Overall, if you enjoy wearing Pull-Ups, I think you will be pleasantly surprised by this latest product iteration.
    -
    For the record, I am 5'9", 140 lbs, with a 29-30" waist

looks pretty cool may have to pick up a pack they look like they fit fairly well on decent sized people, pull ups and goodnites may finally be realizing their mistake when they cut down their sizing back in 2002-2003 as they seem to gradually be getting bigger recently i hope so as i wore nothing but pullups and goodnites for like 10 years (1993-2004)

Quote Originally Posted by grst View Post
    Summary: The designs are bright, fresh and fun. The fit and feel is significantly better - much, much softer - the sides have more free play, the sides are softer - the diaper feels all-around bigger than before - stays in place, even when fully soaked (the old ones liked to start riding down when fully soaked). The absorbency has stayed the same; 1.5 - 2 normal sized wettings, 1 large wetting. The durability is much improved, I think due to them being possibly larger, or having improved sides. Overall, if you enjoy wearing Pull-Ups, I think you will be pleasantly surprised by this latest product iteration.
    Thanks for the info, grst! Have they finally done away with the velcro sides, or just the tabs? I can't tell from the pics. I've always thought the velcro sides on Pull-Ups were awful, but mostly for reasons KC would never think important -- like the fact that they pull apart "too easily" when a grown-up tries to squeeze into them. It's good to hear that their elastic formula is changing. I'll have to swipe some and see what they've done. I'd pretty much given up on Huggies products in recent years due to their lack of elasticity, especially relative to Pampers.

Please, tell me the velcro sides aren't gone, its the only way I can fit in Pull-Ups by using the front sides of a used one to extend the velcro sides, they look so awesome, I'll be sure to grab a pack in June if they are arrived in Canada.

The Velcro sides are still there. Just the little fastening tab is gone. I liked that little tab, it made it easier to roll up used pull-ups into a tighter more trash-friendly package. I have never had an issue with the Velcro ripping apart, but I'm rather thin. I do have wide hips though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    I'd pretty much given up on Huggies products in recent years due to their lack of elasticity, especially relative to Pampers.
    I know what you mean! I wrote off Huggies for the longest time. Until I discovered the Overnites had more stretchable material on the sides than other Huggies diapers. I could stretch them enough to get them on! Then they put those tabs on the Snug & Dry, and finally the newest Little Movers have more stretchable material. I wore an LM overnight, unmodded (just stretched) and the sides held all night without tearing. The new LMs are also so much softer! I am becoming more and more of a Huggies fan, because I prefer how they absorb and how they hold up after wet. Pampers get so saggy. However, Pampers still do provide a more relaxed fit, and you cannot beat the smell of a Pampers, wet or dry. Especially Easy Ups! Those smell the best.

These look great! I've never worn pull ups before, but I would be willing to give these a shot.
    They seem to fit you well with your 30" waist. My waistline is 32"... the curse of being a woman -_-
    Do you think they would fit me? Note that I fit into Pampers size 7, Goodnites, and can squeeze into size 6 pampers.

Quote Originally Posted by grst View Post
    The Velcro sides are still there. Just the little fastening tab is gone. I liked that little tab, it made it easier to roll up used pull-ups into a tighter more trash-friendly package. I have never had an issue with the Velcro ripping apart, but I'm rather thin. I do have wide hips though.

Didn't even see theses tabs you're talking about, I normally use the velcro sides of the pull-ups to roll it up like a ball, just have to reverse the sides once rolled up, they do it at my brothers daycare (he's working there), perhaps that's because my last purchase of Pull-Ups is I think from 2009 (I keep the pack a long time, I don't use them often perhaps)

@Piplup
    As a female they should fit a larger waist. You don't have any male anatomy to get in the way. Best way to find out is to try them.
    @Cody
    The little tabs came out on pull-ups on a minor design change in 2011. They stayed when pull-ups made the red-sided Cars pull ups in 2012, but they are gone on this revision. I do the same thing you described, but the tabs made it easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    These look great! I've never worn pull ups before, but I would be willing to give these a shot.
    They seem to fit you well with your 30" waist. My waistline is 32"... the curse of being a woman -_-
    Do you think they would fit me? Note that I fit into Pampers size 7, Goodnites, and can squeeze into size 6 pampers.
    People's various definitions of "fit" are hilarious at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    People's various definitions of "fit" are hilarious at times.
    Nah. Baby diapers and pull-ups are like those flat-rate USPS boxes. Some people stop filling them when the flaps won't close easily, and some of us just keep pushing until the sides pop out and the postal employees give us that "you asshole!" look. But hey! As long as it does the job you need it to do...