Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adult Nappies in New Zealand

Default Adult Nappies in New Zealand

There seems to be a black hole around the information on Adult Nappies / Diapers in New Zealand, so I thought I would try and redress the situation.

First - The reason it is VERY hard to find the "premium" nappies is because we have one of the best (if not THE best) public health system in the world. If you are IC, and have a problem, you see a "continence nurse" through your local DHB, and the products you require are free. Oh dear. I am NOT suggesting that you run off to see your local nurse (unless you have a problem), it just means we have to do with lesser quality product. Or spend large amounts of money if you can find a store that does do better products.

Below are the stores and the products that I have used and can recommend (Sorry, only L / XL products. Need to work on that)

Disposable Nappies Online, Baby Products & Baby Gear > Babies NZ - Dr.P, and Affective Advanced.
    Both good, Dr. P has shiny waistband, and can reattach tapes (plastic backed), Affective has twice re-attachable tapes, if you try and reattach after that, you will rip holes in the nappy, vinyl feeling outer cover.

Goon Nappy - TakeCare Adult Nappy
    Velcro-style reattach able tapes, VERY hard to rip, don't hold that much, but very good leg and bum guards if you are a dirtier baby.

Wholesale Nappies, NZ, Nappies, Baby, Wholesale Prices, Baby Nappy - Tender Adult Incontinence
    Only tried the Large Night, very similar to the Affective Advanced, however larger capacity, & thicker and wider

Baby Online - Nappies & Baby Gear - Prevail, "insert random brands here"
    Prevail PM - Thick, decent capacity. Hate them. Very easy to rip the tabs off, fall down fairly easily, cloth backed. Weird sensation inside the nappy, almost like a grit.
    "insert random brands here" - Cheap. Tried the Affective Classic - Plastic backed, tapes rip very easily, not comfortable.
    NOTE: I have read that they supply Molicare and Abena - I have seen Molicare Small in the local store to me ONCE, I think that they don't do them any longer, or might only be through their showroom in Carbine Road.

SUPERCARE - Adult Care & Incontinence Products - SuperCare Night Time Briefs
    Much like the Prevail PM, but worse!. The tabs are now attached to the inner side of the nappy, not tape style, and are harder to get tight. Duct tape is required.

All of the above stores I have visited & purchased from, not once have I been asked who I am buying for, or why. Conversation is normally about 6 sentences long, and start with, Hi, need anything else, and end with that comes to $money please.

I have not tired to order online, because, flatmates.

If anyone else has ordered from other stores in NZ, please add your comments

Thanks Okram, good guide.

It used to be possible to rock up to the Sanicare warehouse in Onehunga and buy a carton of Abena from them, but as they don't normally deal with the public, you'll get some odd looks.

Not sure if this would still work, haven't bought from them in a while.
    Last edited by Puppyluvs; 08-May-2013 at 13:14.

Not quite sure how that's relevant to the conversation, but google handles all kinds of conversions.

Quote Originally Posted by Puppyluvs View Post
    Thanks Okram, good guide.

It used to be possible to rock up to the Sanicare warehouse in Onehunga and buy a carton of Abena from them, but as they don't normally deal with the public, you'll get some odd looks.

Not sure if this would still work, haven't bought from them in a while.

I sent them an email a couple of years back asking if they supplied directly to the public, never had a response.

Yeah, they'd be unlikely to respond to that. I've found them pretty useless to deal with, but their nappies are good. Or at least they were when they were plastic backed.

the conversion i was asking about the kgs to lbs is to know what sizes those diapers would compare to in American measurements
    if they wouldn't fit they wouldn't be worth buying.

the Goon Brand, TakeCare brand, what shops did you see this one in, as I have been to the JapanMart in Silvia Park and yet to see them.. I know I can get online but due to still living with family, I would rather pick up when I visit Auckland.. (down in the 'Naki ya see)

Only up in Albany on the North Shore.

Oh hey, additional content.
    The Warehouse in Glenfield has a few MALE onesies in camo. Think that they are zip style, but no feet.
    Medium