Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Diaper Disposal Bags

Default Diaper Disposal Bags

It's been a long while since I had a practical question but here goes. What are people using to dispose of used diapers? Plastic supermarket bags were sort of my go-to, provided they didn't have holes in them, but Seattle has enacted a bag ban and the supply is drying up. I've seen a reference or two to bags for people out walking their dogs but the one brand that I found didn't look large enough. Regular trash bags are widely available but typically a bit big for this sort of thing, where ziplocks are typically on the small side and not really cost effective if you're wearing a lot.

Any thoughts on this one?

Personally, I just wrap it up and put into trash can - regardless of where I'm at. There's usually already a bag / liner in there! :P

Here's a thought. Try paper lunch bags if there large enough. The cost should be relatively cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by lacutah View Post
    Personally, I just wrap it up and put into trash can - regardless of where I'm at. There's usually already a bag / liner in there! :P
    The success of that is dependent on how often one takes out the trash. Mine can easily take 3-5 days to fill up, so any bagging should take that into account.

Quote Originally Posted by oleman72 View Post
    Here's a thought. Try paper lunch bags if there large enough. The cost should be relatively cheap.
    That would lead to some pretty whiffy trash.
    Last edited by Trevor; 07-May-2013 at 23:15. Reason: added a second response.

You can get those grocery bags at places like costco still, if your a member there.

do you not have "nappy" diaper sacks it's like a really thin plastic bag with a really strong odour to minimise smells from the used diapers? normally a pastel colour like baby blue, orange or green

Quote Originally Posted by PampersboyLondon View Post
    do you not have "nappy" diaper sacks it's like a really thin plastic bag with a really strong odour to minimise smells from the used diapers? normally a pastel colour like baby blue, orange or green
    I bought some of those ages ago and they're great. However, they're also tiny, being made for baby diapers. Is there a corresponding product for adult diapers?

I managed to get attends, molicare, tena they all fit in just got to roll them up tight might be a big bag version for adult but it'll be a medical supply order thing I would imagine

Quote Originally Posted by PampersboyLondon View Post
    I managed to get attends, molicare, tena they all fit in just got to roll them up tight might be a big bag version for adult but it'll be a medical supply order thing I would imagine
    I will take another look. The bags I found are definitely not large enough for anything other than something in the Depends range and not even those if heavily used.

I rock medium sized adults might be different with large or bigger sizes