Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grow up?

Default Grow up?

So, yesterday my mother pretty much said, "Grow up!" because I still have this interest and was about to uncover where my stash is...
    Well, I can't really do that given the current state of the world.
    I feel that I don't need to go into details with this story because of the circumstances surrounding it; but, could.

Fairly ambiguous term on this site. lol.... Honestly pretty sure she needs some growing up. That is of course providing you have some balance in your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Springcircle View Post
    You should tell her that they're called adult diapers for a reason.
    I love that answer

Quote Originally Posted by zackiepooh1992 View Post
    I love that answer
    Agreed lol XD

My question is what does grown up mean. If it means the BS that I see occuring at all levels of government and in a society that has very little wiggle room when it comes to what is acceptable then I say grown ups need to grow down.

Let's face it. You can't be an adult without being a child - just being a very small child.. with a diaper...

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaH View Post
    So, yesterday my mother pretty much said, "Grow up!" because I still have this interest and was about to uncover where my stash is...
    Well, I can't really do that given the current state of the world.
    I feel that I don't need to go into details with this story because of the circumstances surrounding it; but, could.
    i believe that in a previous post of yours, you said that you were "still in the closet, but with an open door...." you also have said that you have a job as a "line-cook...." it seems to me given all of that, and that your apparently "free, sort-of white and over the age of 21"... i for one am not too clear on just why you care what your mother thinks or says. unless you are dependent on her good graces in some way that you haven't yet revealed....

Quote Originally Posted by Springcircle View Post
    You should tell her that they're called adult diapers for a reason.
    That seems like an excellent retort to make next time she brings up the subject.

But here's the thing, she doesn't realize that being able to "grow up" as a mindset is subversive since a person can "grow up" and still indulge in acting younger every now and then, there's nothing wrong with it, it's just something that each individuals personality is such able to accept and use for themselves.

And whatever you choose to use as part of your own personal agenda is something they need to accept and allow to some extent, otherwise it's better to try and explain it to them in the hopes that they understand.

She is probably confused and frustrated. It is easy to project our own condition onto others: "I don't like diapers," she thinks, "why should he?".
    Try to be patient with her. This isn't an act of rebellion on your part; this time round, it's your call not hers.