Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new stroller

Default My new stroller

My new stroller! Well new is a understatement I picked up second hand but that is where it ends. As it turns out it had never been used so for all instances and prepuces it is brand new. After some wheeling and dealing and dickering over a lone time I was able to get it at a fare price. I went for my first ride today and it was great., looking forward to more good days.

bn3baby

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2034 (640x480).jpg 
Views:	4662 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	16957

That's a good looking one. Now whose the one who volenteers to do the pushing?

This one doesn't look familiar to me. What brand is it, if I might ask? Looks like you have plenty of head room below the hood. I like the bright red color.

I just happened across a used stroller this past weekend at a cheap price. It's identical to this stroller someone else posted on Flickr: Vintage Hedstrom Baby Stroller | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

It was perfect timing to get it home when no one was there, so I was able to try it out right away.

~Pramrider

Quote Originally Posted by Pramrider View Post
    This one doesn't look familiar to me. What brand is it, if I might ask? Looks like you have plenty of head room below the hood. I like the bright red color.

I just happened across a used stroller this past weekend at a cheap price. It's identical to this stroller someone else posted on Flickr: Vintage Hedstrom Baby Stroller | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

It was perfect timing to get it home when no one was there, so I was able to try it out right away.

~Pramrider
    Hi Pramrider

That's the Convaid "Cruiser" size 18 a great ridering stroller and lpots of head room. You will love it.

The stroller you found on Flickr I had one many years ago and fornd it hard to sit in to narrow.

bn3baby

Quote Originally Posted by bn3baby View Post
    The stroller you found on Flickr I had one many years ago and fornd it hard to sit in to narrow.

bn3baby
    Yes, it's definitely a benefit to be smaller in the hips as an AB who loves to sit in baby gear items. Fortunately, the low fat diet I have to stay on for my heart helps me to keep a smaller build.

~Pramrider

Great!

I've had a cx18 now for awhile...they are great...I have the foot position things too...what you think so far?

Mine is in a burgundy color...

They are comfy...I've only fallen asleep once in it...

B

P.s. Mine came with a small plastic thing over the buckle...to keep from pushing it without something like a key...it was of course partially broken...but I made a new one in the shop...let me say if you can't get the lap/crotch belt off...your not going anywhere!

Hi Bigbabybret

What I think. So far I like it, it is comfy and gives a good ride. I am thinking of getting a headrest extension and may be a headrest support these should make it more enjoyable. Thebuckle on mine dosen't undo easly so that is not a problem.

Had a good ride on Monday and am looking forward to more.

Enjoy the ride!

bn3baby

Quote Originally Posted by Pramrider View Post
    Yes, it's definitely a benefit to be smaller in the hips as an AB who loves to sit in baby gear items. Fortunately, the low fat diet I have to stay on for my heart helps me to keep a smaller build.

~Pramrider
    not just the narrow part, the seat area look quite small, and hence not too much support for the thighs ,

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbabybret View Post
    Great!

I've had a cx18 now for awhile...they are great...I have the foot position things too...what you think so far?

Mine is in a burgundy color...

They are comfy...I've only fallen asleep once in it...

B

P.s. Mine came with a small plastic thing over the buckle...to keep from pushing it without something like a key...it was of course partially broken...but I made a new one in the shop...let me say if you can't get the lap/crotch belt off...your not going anywhere!

A good question is though, once belted into the stroller, whats to stop u accidentally tipping the stroller sideways, which can happen if you are attempting an escape plan.

Also the harness set, although it may have a hard to release buckle, whats stopping you just loostening the straps, hehe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bn3baby View Post
    Hi Bigbabybret

What I think. So far I like it, it is comfy and gives a good ride. I am thinking of getting a headrest extension and may be a headrest support these should make it more enjoyable. Thebuckle on mine dosen't undo easly so that is not a problem.

Had a good ride on Monday and am looking forward to more.

Enjoy the ride!

bn3baby

I think a headrest of somekind would be nice so you can have nice long sleeps in your stroller! Also with your fee nicely buckled to the leg rest, should keep feet off the road, when being pushed in trips.

Whenever I see these types of things go second hand. That means it's not needed anymore.

So as far as I can tell one of three things is possible.

1. the person who it was for pretty much never leaves home
    2. they went to some state run place/nursing home
    3. they died.

Just something weird that I'm almost forced to think about. And its not used by people with tempoary broken leg's or anything, wheelchairs are more cost effective I suppose then a special needs stroller.