Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: peopleofwalmart.com accidents

Default peopleofwalmart.com accidents

stumbled upon this at peopleofwalmart.com part of me thinks its mean that people would take pictures of something so personal. if a person has an accident, its just that, an accident. however if you get drunk an pee/poop your self its fair game. also if you have an accident in a walmart and continue to walk around, fair game.

I'm incontinent of both types and diapers, thankfully, will save me from ending up on the accidents section of peopleofwalmart.com.

so question: is it wrong to poke fun of stuff like this by taking a picture and posting it on a site like this?

m.peopleofwalmart.com/site/peopleofwalmart/default?url=http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/category/accidents/#2792

Quote Originally Posted by waslost1234abc View Post
    so question: is it wrong to poke fun of stuff like this by taking a picture and posting it on a site like this?
    Yes. Next...?

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    Yes. Next...?
    you said yes with a grin. does yes mean no?

stumbled upon this at peopleofwalmart.com part of me thinks its mean that people would take pictures of something so personal. if a person has an accident, its just that, an accident. however if you get drunk an pee/poop your self its fair game. also if you have an accident in a walmart and continue to walk around, fair game.

I'm incontinent of both types and diapers, thankfully, will save me from ending up on the accidents section of peopleofwalmart.com.

m.peopleofwalmart.com/site/peopleofwalmart/default?url=http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/category/accidents/#2792
    Look, someone pissing/pooping, for reasons they could 'PREVENT', in public, is fair game for ridicule/embarrassment, in my book.

Folks that are Incont., who loose the battle and are humiliated by it in public?

Jeez... Ever hear of 'Compassion'?

Give them/us/me, a break already! It's scary enough just to venture OUT, into the public!

B.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucephalus View Post
    Look, someone pissing/pooping, for reasons they could 'PREVENT', in public, is fair game for ridicule/embarrassment, in my book.

Folks that are Incont., who loose the battle and are humiliated by it in public?

Jeez... Ever hear of 'Compassion'?

Give them/us/me, a break already! It's scary enough just to venture OUT, into the public!

B.
    Yeah, depending on the situation these people face, it may or may not be a good idea for ridicule them.

But even then, I personally believe that in either situation, it's not a very good idea to ridicule or mock these people, because nobody knows for sure what kind of situations these people face and it's better to be compassionate about it instead of instantly mocking them for what they experience.

I don't care why someone has had an accident, it's reprehensible behavior to mock them for it.

To be honest, I do wonder why the rest of the site seems not to be a problem. I mean this is a web site designed to mock people, based on their clothes, haircuts, weight, whatever. But I never got the appeal of this kind of sites anyway, so I might just be misunderstanding them.

Smile

you said yes with a grin. does yes mean no?
    No -- I was just being cheeky by implying that it was such an easy question that it could be answered in a a single word and we can move on to the next question!

It's so "wrong" to take photos of people in such humiliating situations (let alone publish them on the Internet) that... I just don't know what else to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucephalus View Post
    Not in mine. Either it's an accident or they could've prevented it (and so have done it on purpose). If it's an accident, it's mean to draw attention to them; and if they've done it on purpose, then clearly they want attention and, by giving it, you're complicit in the attention-seeking act.

And how do you decide whether someone you don't know is "fair game" just by looking at them? I can't believe that anyone (who isn't a disturbed exhibitionist) would visibly crap their pants in public if they could prevent it...

Quote Originally Posted by Draugr View Post
    I don't care why someone has had an accident, it's reprehensible behavior to mock them for it.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by cheshire View Post
    To be honest, I do wonder why the rest of the site seems not to be a problem. I mean this is a web site designed to mock people, based on their clothes, haircuts, weight, whatever. But I never got the appeal of this kind of sites anyway, so I might just be misunderstanding them.
    The site exists for emotionally insecure people to make themselves feel better about themselves by putting others down. If your own life is shit and you can't make it any better, you can at least laugh at other people's misfortune and make their lives seem worse, thus making your own seem not-so-bad by comparison.

The next time someone mocks you for being fat and it hurts, you can download a stack of images showing people with chronic health conditions or mental disabilities and laugh at them, knowing that you are inflicting more "hurt" than you received. It's the arithmetic of hate; the equivalent of getting shouted at by your boss, then going home and kicking the cat. It doesn't matter if you get punched for "fun", so long as there are plenty of people you can punch, to relieve the frustration of being punched yourself. And every time you take a swing, you can rejoice in the fact that this time you are the perpetrator and not the victim. And that makes you better than them. Isn't life sweet?

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    The site exists for emotionally insecure people to make themselves feel better about themselves by putting others down. If your own life is shit and you can't make it any better, you can at least laugh at other people's misfortune and make their lives seem worse, thus making your own seem not-so-bad by comparison.

The next time someone mocks you for being fat and it hurts, you can download a stack of images showing people with chronic health conditions or mental disabilities and laugh at them, knowing that you are inflicting more "hurt" than you received. It's the arithmetic of hate; the equivalent of getting shouted at by your boss, then going home and kicking the cat. It doesn't matter if you get punched for "fun", so long as there are plenty of people you can punch, to relieve the frustration of being punched yourself. And every time you take a swing, you can rejoice in the fact that this time you are the perpetrator and not the victim. And that makes you better than them. Isn't life sweet?
    People suck. Seriously, every time you go outside and spend time with them, people seem okay. But give them the opportunity - say, through the internet - people will turn into hateful assholes with no thought of anything but their own narrow interests.

Quote Originally Posted by Braddeh View Post
    Yeah, depending on the situation these people face, it may or may not be a good idea for ridicule them.

But even then, I personally believe that in either situation, it's not a very good idea to ridicule or mock these people, because nobody knows for sure what kind of situations these people face and it's better to be compassionate about it instead of instantly mocking them for what they experience.
    I’ve witnessed drunks, or rowdy teenagers piss/crap in public, because it was ‘OH SO DARING’, their friends laughing and hollering while they did it. THOSE types of fools deserve being ridiculed for such crass behavior, and they are begging to be pointed-at and humiliated. (of course, that might be the very attention they’re seeking?)

I’ve seen elderly folk loose it, and instead of ridicule, I feel empathy/compassion for their distress. I would never laugh at someone in such a condition.

Usually, you can tell by a person’s expression, which of the two scenarios warrant humor or courtesy.

When in doubt, don't laugh? For myself, I prefer to just walk-away, quickly. (And am very thankful I no longer work in an industry that would require ME to clean up the mess!).

B.