Thread: Quick Bambino Question

Question Quick Bambino Question

So just recently, I was in the process of unfolding a bambino and noticed something off that, for some reason I hadn't spotted before.

On the particular bambinos I have (medium teddies) there seems to be a sort of line/rectangle running right down the center of the absorbent core. It's only a few centimeters wide and a few inches long.

I checked a few other diapers out of that package to make sure I didn't have a defect, and sure enough, all of them had the line running along the padding.

I thought it was just cosmetic at first, but upon further inspection I realized there was a slight difference in the thickness of the padding where the line is. Does anyone know what this is? Is it just some biproduct of the manufacturing process, or does it actually have a purpose?

P.S, I tried taking a picture of the 'line' but unfortunately my phone's awful camera wasn't strong enough to even make the line show up.

Yes I have noticed the same line. I use bambino bellissimos and they also have the same line. I am just guessing that it is to cut down on some of the bulk in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by markus531 View Post
    Yes I have noticed the same line. I use bambino bellissimos and they also have the same line. I am just guessing that it is to cut down on some of the bulk in that area.
    Now that I've looked at it, you're actually right! The padding does get thinner along that line.

How does that make any sense? Shouldn't it be thicker there, if anything? Good thing I'm not in the diaper making business...

Bambino has a wonderful customer service center. Send them an e-mail and ask and share the answer with us!

I believe that is the channel that helps urine distribute itself more evenly throughout the diaper. I can't for the life of me remember the name of this 'feature', but I do know there was a thread about this a few moons ago.

Every good diaper, I'd say most not as good ones too, have that. It's a sort of 'transfer layer' they put in the most likely spot the diaper will be absorbing urine. I believe it sorta grabs the liquids faster, helping with absorbing larger volumes more quickly.

They do.... I have experienced horrible service from them. While they may provide the best diapers on the market, they don't return calls or respond to emails. However I continue use to order the Bellissimo due to the capacity they hold regardless of the constant defects I'm getting from them. They must think I'm lying.

Quote Originally Posted by zipperless View Post
    Bambino has a wonderful customer service center. Send them an e-mail and ask and share the answer with us!