Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Onesie Help

Question Need Onesie Help

About a year ago I bought this onesie in a small Blue dinosaur animal print onesie for adults ABDL clothing Adult Baby Diaper lovers - Cuddlz.com . I got the size small and it took me 2 weeks to get it. The only issue is its to long/big. I am not that good with sewing and I payed a decent amount to have it shipped. I was thinking about selling it, but I really like it. I have worn it only 2 times. My friend suggest that since my mom knows about this stuff and that she has washed my footed sleeper for me one day that I should ask her to help me with it. The thing is I feel it is extremely rude to do that. It just does not feel right, but I am just trying to see what you guys would do. I might just sell it though and just re-buy me another one with that money and see if they can do custom.

It sounds to me like the onesie needs to be washed more as it hasn't shrunk up enough. You also need to measure your torso length with a cloth tape and see what
    it is. According to the size chart it looks like a size small from them is about the same as a medium from some of the US companys. By that size chart I could wear a
    small and I wear mediums from just about anybody else.

Is it wayyyy too long or could adding another row of snaps to the tail flap fix it? In shirt style clothing, width is much easier to fix than length (depending on where the seams are) so taking it in should be no problem, but if it is much too long you may end up with another seam.

If you Mom is usually uncomfortable with this stuff, I might not ask her, but I would honestly say you should give it a shot. Ask politely and give her the ability to say no with no pressure If she does say no, no big deal!

If that doesn't work, you could look for a tailor in your area to take it in a little! It shouldn't cost much to have it altered, and that way you can keep your nice onesie! You might even be able to find an ABDL person who sews in your area if you don't want to deal with a professional and the possible embarassment (I would use one you are never going to visit again if that is how you feel).

Another suggestion, if you know other ABDLs in your area, you could see if any of them fit it, and see if they have a onesie that fits you so you can both trade. This is a nice way to recycle!

But, selling it to get one that fits you better is not the worst thing you could do either. I just wanted to illustrate your choices a bit for you!

On a slightly different note, let me ask you this: If there was a onesie shop online where you could send in your old onesie for a discount on a new onesie, would you do it? (as a shop owner, this has interested me for a while!)

Quote Originally Posted by oleman72 View Post
    It sounds to me like the onesie needs to be washed more as it hasn't shrunk up enough. You also need to measure your torso length with a cloth tape and see what
    it is. According to the size chart it looks like a size small from them is about the same as a medium from some of the US companys. By that size chart I could wear a
    small and I wear mediums from just about anybody else.
    Well I have washed it like 2 times, and also I just measured the length of it and its 10 inches longer then the length of my back. I remember when I got a white onesie from from babykins I had to get a special size, but that was like after I got this one.

Quote Originally Posted by tinybright View Post
    Is it wayyyy too long or could adding another row of snaps to the tail flap fix it? In shirt style clothing, width is much easier to fix than length (depending on where the seams are) so taking it in should be no problem, but if it is much too long you may end up with another seam.

If you Mom is usually uncomfortable with this stuff, I might not ask her, but I would honestly say you should give it a shot. Ask politely and give her the ability to say no with no pressure If she does say no, no big deal!

If that doesn't work, you could look for a tailor in your area to take it in a little! It shouldn't cost much to have it altered, and that way you can keep your nice onesie! You might even be able to find an ABDL person who sews in your area if you don't want to deal with a professional and the possible embarassment (I would use one you are never going to visit again if that is how you feel).

Another suggestion, if you know other ABDLs in your area, you could see if any of them fit it, and see if they have a onesie that fits you so you can both trade. This is a nice way to recycle!

But, selling it to get one that fits you better is not the worst thing you could do either. I just wanted to illustrate your choices a bit for you!

On a slightly different note, let me ask you this: If there was a onesie shop online where you could send in your old onesie for a discount on a new onesie, would you do it? (as a shop owner, this has interested me for a while!)
    You gave me some good ideas. I actually just meet someone in my area. I thought I was alone actually, but he can not wear this. He is the same size as me basically. I really do not have any means of getting to a tailor right now though. Also Yes, I think that would be a wonderful idea, but I don't think it should just apply just for onesies. It should apply for other clothing items as well. Now the only thing would be finding a really good onesie on said site. I am considering a little bit asking my mom but still 99% thinking not too. I mean I never asked her to wash my other items before, I just told her to stop because it didn't feel right.

Have you tried washing it on hot then drying it on hot as well? Sometimes this will cause enough shrinkage to make a difference.

I have run into a problem similar with my onesie, although I believe it has just stretched after a number of uses. It sounds like this is not the case for you but it is a consideration. Along this same like I would also wonder if a thicker diaper might help.

The tailor / seamstress thing might work well. There are several in the community that also sew, this could be a solution. Although you could look for someone that is local. I did this for something that was a little babyish and the lady I used was cool with it, but I would be a bit more afraid of using this same lady for my onesie. But it is worth looking around because there could be someone in your area that could help in out.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you suggesting some sort of second hand AB clothing store, like Kid 2 Kid is for baby stuffs? This is a very cool idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Garzilla View Post
    Are you suggesting some sort of second hand AB clothing store, like Kid 2 Kid is for baby stuffs? This is a very cool idea!
    Yes and No. While I don't want to be running an entirely separate shop from the one I run now, I thought of ways that people would be able to get onesies they need and get some kind of help buying them if it was hard for them to afford. At first I thought that people could 'donate' onesies to a section of the store where they would be offered to those who couldn't afford them...but there really is no good way to manage something like that and make sure that people do not abuse the kindness.

Then I wondered if I should offer a program where babies could send in their baby clothes- old ones, stained ones, ones that didn't fit right, etc - for a discount towards something in my own shop. That way they could get rid of something that was not so useful and get something they liked better. Then I would just need to decide if I would sell the ones they sent me (after seeing if I could fix them up a bit) or use them as donations to the playgroup I host, or what. Its been a thought swimming in my head for a while, but I was not sure how many babies would want to do that versus selling it on their own. I feel like, with a shop, I have a little bit better set up to sell something than one person alone does. You know?

Yes and No. While I don't want to be running an entirely separate shop from the one I run now, I thought of ways that people would be able to get onesies they need and get some kind of help buying them if it was hard for them to afford. At first I thought that people could 'donate' onesies to a section of the store where they would be offered to those who couldn't afford them...but there really is no good way to manage something like that and make sure that people do not abuse the kindness.

Then I wondered if I should offer a program where babies could send in their baby clothes- old ones, stained ones, ones that didn't fit right, etc - for a discount towards something in my own shop. That way they could get rid of something that was not so useful and get something they liked better. Then I would just need to decide if I would sell the ones they sent me (after seeing if I could fix them up a bit) or use them as donations to the playgroup I host, or what. Its been a thought swimming in my head for a while, but I was not sure how many babies would want to do that versus selling it on their own. I feel like, with a shop, I have a little bit better set up to sell something than one person alone does. You know?
    Actually this is a good idea. In a way it might be like what Kid to Kid offers for parents of real babies, but not exactly the same.

I could see a onesie exchange, a footed sleeper exchange, maybe even a diaper exchange. A diaper exchange might be a place where community members could donate disposables that did not fit (not the used ones of course) of did not work out for some reason. I gave a bunch of mediums that were not a good fit (sometimes mediums fit me well) to another AB friend. To me it seems like a shame to just waste something that could be loved by someone else.

Yes I'm hoping it works as well in practice, but we will see.

Around where I live, I run a playgroup, which ends up getting a lot of donations like toys and diapers. We usually end up using them for the playgroup or finding them a new home with babies who come to the group. Recycling is so useful!

Yes I'm hoping it works as well in practice, but we will see.

Around where I live, I run a playgroup, which ends up getting a lot of donations like toys and diapers. We usually end up using them for the playgroup or finding them a new home with babies who come to the group. Recycling is so useful!
    An AB play group or an IRL baby play group? This is really a cool idea too.

it's an AB playgroup or social group really. I've been hosting it for 2 years. you should check out my introduction thread hahaha