Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yeah, so I'm done with cloth.

Default Yeah, so I'm done with cloth.

I was so excited when I finally decided to try out cloth. I got such cool diapers. One was a super-thick all in one with a Star Wars print. Two others were Super Undies that required stuffers. I enjoyed wearing all of them, but never once wore them without leaking. If I can't wear an all in one without leaks, then I'm not going to wear them. I don't care about rubber pants. They're superfluous.

The point of my post is this. How is it that anyone can wear cloth diapers, as an adult, and not have huge leaks? I mean, cloth makes sense for infants, but for an adult? I just don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambusa View Post
    I was so excited when I finally decided to try out cloth. I got such cool diapers. One was a super-thick all in one with a Star Wars print. Two others were Super Undies that required stuffers. I enjoyed wearing all of them, but never once wore them without leaking. If I can't wear an all in one without leaks, then I'm not going to wear them. I don't care about rubber pants. They're superfluous. The point of my post is this. How is it that anyone can wear cloth diapers, as an adult, and not have huge leaks? I mean, cloth makes sense for infants, but for an adult? I just don't think so.
    I wear cloth diapers (with plastic pants) exclusively. Have for many years. Not AIOs, but old-fashioned cloth diapers with pins. To avoid leaks with cloth, you gotta have bulk and you gotta have plastic pants. That's the way it is. Most AIOs and "super undies" don't have enough fabric to do the job. Please give cloth another chance.

And washed enough time.. Cloth takes at least 5 wash cycles to start to become useful in absorption. Even after 10 or 15washings my terry diapers finally started to work properly. Cloth takes a ton of work to find what works as well as well as seeing what plastic/rubber pant works best.

I'm glad that it works for you, but I'm of a different generation. I mean, you and my father are the same age. I appreciate you replying to the thread and offering how cloth works for you, but honestly, why don't you just switch to disposables and save yourself the laundry?

I'm glad that it works for you, but I'm of a different generation. I mean, you and my father are the same age. I appreciate you replying to the thread and offering how cloth works for you, but honestly, why don't you just switch to disposables and save yourself the laundry?
    Cloth produces a much different inner feeling, for me! While disposables and nice and crinkly and very evocative of little feels, cloth diapers make me retreat inward in a cloud of softness and sweetness. You can imagine that, like all the people who have different opinions on which diapers to use, there is much debate about cloth vs disposable!

The only thing I could think of is getting a cloth diaper that had a PUL lining so it wouldnt leak. You would have to be careful about wetting until you know what it could take though

Good question. Disposables have convenience in their favor, to be sure! But emotionally and physically, they leave me cold. Cloth diapers, on the other hand, are magical for me. I therefore tolerate the inconveniences.

Quote Originally Posted by BabySarahLauren View Post
    Good question. Disposables have convenience in their favor, to be sure! But emotionally and physically, they leave me cold. Cloth diapers, on the other hand, are magical for me. I therefore tolerate the inconveniences.
    Fair enough. I respect your opinion. I just can't handle the fact that I cannot trust cloth diapers to protect me from leaks. I want to wear diapers, but I don't want the whole world to know. And if cloth diapers leak... it's over.

What if you wore a cloth diaper under a disposable? You could probably get the diapers a size larger and it would fit around a bulky cloth one?

Quote Originally Posted by tinybright View Post
    What if you wore a cloth diaper under a disposable? You could probably get the diapers a size larger and it would fit around a bulky cloth one?
    My God, that actually sounds like an amazing idea!