Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comments on the new theme for the You Big Kid shop? :)

Default Comments on the new theme for the You Big Kid shop? :)

You Big Kid is working on updating the theme for our shop, to make it more ABDL friendly. I have access to a site editor, but I have to pay a fee to impliment the new theme so I want to make sure it looks great before I change it for reals

For comparison, our current shop setup can be seen at youbigkid.com

The colors used are matched to the company logo, the three blocks in the top left. This shot shows our logo on the test page for the theme, hence the iPod and iPad shots - those are the 'pre-installed' images for the shops.

I thank you ahead of time for your input - each little bit helps

Home page with image slider (click for larger image)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130503_191937.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	16928

Product description page (click for larger image)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130503_191034.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	16929

I like it, the color does help it pop a little more.

Any chance, because I'm curious, what you specifically meant by making the theme more AB/DL friendly?

Quote Originally Posted by gigglemuffinz View Post
    Any chance, because I'm curious, what you specifically meant by making the theme more AB/DL friendly?
    I guess I just want it to look more warm and inviting that the cold black and white on the shop now. I want it to feel fun!

Quote Originally Posted by tinybright View Post
    I guess I just want it to look more warm and inviting that the cold black and white on the shop now. I want it to feel fun!
    If that's the case then I think you are on the right track, the colors make it more inviting for sure.

Thanks!

I have the ability to change the colors around to almost anything on the color wheel, or add a custom background image, but I wanted to keep it fairly clean and simple. I'm glad you like it!

LOVE the new look Pictured above. and prices look good...... cant wait for a wider product range and to see this website bloom. well done and keep up the good work. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby23 View Post
    LOVE the new look Pictured above. and prices look good...... cant wait for a wider product range and to see this website bloom. well done and keep up the good work. :-)
    *happy squee* thanks! we just got our prices down after settling some problems with our suppliers. Now that we have a better selection I can't wait to start rolling out the new product. The plan is to get the site looking a bit better and then start rolling out new items starting in the summer!

Great! and something that is affordable! would you ship to the uk?.. x

Quote Originally Posted by Baby23 View Post
    Great! and something that is affordable! would you ship to the uk?.. x
    Right now we ship through USPS. If that works, awesome! If not, I will have to ask you to wait until we get set up with our other carriers. We're working on it!