Thread: Ambitious LG here to make friends and connections!

Default Ambitious LG here to make friends and connections!

Hiya!

I go by Bright and I am a LG in Texas I am a bouncy, talkative girl who likes to chat with people and loves to give advice I live with my boyfriend/Daddy and we have a pretty great life together!

I came to the site not only to meet people and dish out advice, but also to get feedback on my onesie shop, You Big Kid. Read on to know more!

About me: The ABDL Stuff

A little more than two years ago I started hosting a playgroup in my city, where ABs, DLs, Mommies, Daddies and babyfurs could hang out and chat with people in a casual and private place. It gave many people the only place they could go to wear diapers, play with toys, and generally get to know themselves better as an ABDL. I am proud to say we have 40+ members and are still growing

I also admin a community website for ABDLs. We used to serve only the state of Texas, but have recently expanded to national registration! We are a pretty new site, but if you would like a fun, safe place to hang out and be an ABDL, you should check us out! The site is at romparoundtexas.us. (Yes, we are considering a name change to reflect our new national status :P )

Lastly, I started a onesie shop this year called You Big Kid ( You Big Kid ) I heard so many stories of badly made or hard to find products over the years! It just grew my desire to provide high quality, super cute items to the ABDL community, every aspect of it! After two years if thinking it was just a pipe dream, I set out to see if I could make it happen. While we are just getting off the ground, I have a LOT I want to do and make happen......but to make that happen, I need more feedback on my items, to affirm that I am heading in the right direction. I hope to get some of that here

About me: Outside of ABDL

Outside of the ABDL world, I feel pretty 'normal'. I work at a medical office and do some social media coordination for work while I get the shop off the ground. I like to play video games with my bf, or shoot photography when I can. I have a VERY wide range of interests - science, the arts, activism, food - and like to talk to people about pretty much anything.

Thanks for taking the time to read my fairly long introduction, and I look forward to talking more!

Bright
    Last edited by tinybright; 03-May-2013 at 22:01.

Hi and welcome! Too nad im not near you i would totally come!

Hi Tinybright! I'm gigglemuffinz, or Angel, and I'm really excited to welcome you here to ADISC! You've already kind of been around a little bit, and I hope you continue to find this site a great site to be apart of.

I just posted on your thread, and was looking through the introduction and saw your into thread! It's exciting to have you here! I hope you not only make the connections and everything you seek, but get the advice your looking for as well. Your intro was amazingly done. Looks like you are pretty active, and get a lot done with yourself! You also seem pretty fun and nice too, and you want to do things for people. That's pretty neat.

The fact that you do so much in the AB/DL community and still have time for seemingly an active "normal" life begs the question.. where do you find the time for it all? Do you get any sleep? *giggles* I guess I'm also pretty curious about what sorts of video games you like too, if you feel like telling.

Heya! =D It's great to have you here and I hope you enjoy your stay very much!

Quote Originally Posted by gigglemuffinz View Post
    I hope you not only make the connections and everything you seek, but get the advice your looking for as well.
    Thanks! After perusing around and reading more threads, I feel like this is a pretty level headed and widely diverse community here, and I'm thrilled to be a part of it

Your intro was amazingly done.
    Again, thanks! Its been a long time since I have done this much writing, but it feels great! I used to post diaper fiction on other sites, and have been (hesitantly) thinking about getting into it again. You can imagine my feelings about doing even MORE, lol!

The fact that you do so much in the AB/DL community and still have time for seemingly an active "normal" life begs the question.. where do you find the time for it all? Do you get any sleep? *giggles*
    You know, sometimes I even surprise myself! Daddy says I worry and stress way too much, but thats what little time is for But honestly, I never could have gotten this far without the help of my close friends and comrades in the ABDL community. Their friendship and encouragement keeps me upbeat, their donations keep the playgroup afloat, and volunteer hosts help take the heat off when I feel like I am going to fall down and die. :P I could barely keep things together while I had a full time job, but somehow I managed to get by. I think it helped that the playgroup only had one meeting a month at that time.

I finally asked my Daddy to please help me be able to chase my dream and get out of the job that was slowly grinding me down. Daddy took on a second job (the two jobs average out to about 1.5 jobs) so that I could have more time to invest in launching YBK and in the rest of my community efforts. In turn, I started working freelance doing odds and ends to make up some of the hours, but mostly focusing on getting the word out on the shop and earning the money we need to really get the the investment money we need.

My secret is multitasking (I may be here posting, but I am also looking at fabric for YBK, or hanging out in the chatroom on my community site ) and taking lots of deep breaths and assuring myself that one person can't do EVERYTHING.

I guess I'm also pretty curious about what sorts of video games you like too, if you feel like telling.
    Between me and Daddy, we have a LOT of consoles and games! Let me make a nifty list for you ^.^

Nintendo - Favorite Game: Baby Boomer and Ninja Turtles Baby Boomer is a game where you defend an adorable baby from evil monsters! Super fun!
    Super Nintendo - Favorite Game: Yoshi's Island - I played through and beat Yoshi's Island in elementary school and have loved it ever since. Just recently got a copy again!
    Sega - Favorite Game: Sonic the Hedgehog Ok, I haven't played a lot of Sega. But i like Sonic!
    Nintendo 64 - Favorite Game: Super Mario 64 Theres just something so nostalgic about this game!
    PlayStation 2 - Favorite Game: This is a tough one. I ADORED playing through Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2, but I also got into the Persona games and enjoyed them. Oh and don't forget Rayman!
    Xbox360 - Favorite Games (so far): BioShock series, Fallout series, Mass Effect series, Assasins Creed, Katamari,
    PC - I just got a Steam account and totally love it! Civ 5, Portal, and Minecraft!

I hope this answers some of your questions! I love to answer questions, so feel free to ask more

Hi! I'm pretty new here, too. Did you find a lot of other people in Texas that share your interests? I'm so curious as to how many other people there are out there. How did you go about finding people near you?

Quote Originally Posted by theguest View Post
    Hi! I'm pretty new here, too. Did you find a lot of other people in Texas that share your interests? I'm so curious as to how many other people there are out there. How did you go about finding people near you?
    There are a LOT more ABDLs in Texas than I ever suspected! I use community sites to find and reach out to other Texans, like Diaperspace. If you live in TX as well, I highly encourage you to sign up for my community site, romparoundtexas.us. Sorry for the shameless promotion, but a lot of our current user base is from Texas, mostly central. Even if you are not from Texas, we could always use more members! We like to encourage people to be friendly, get to know and support each other, and meet in person if they want to!

ps - there is a Texas ABDL Group here, under 'Regional' groups. I just requested to join, so it may be on my profile.

I've always been kind of nervous around sites like diaperspace. Heck, I was sooo scared when I finally joined adisc (if you can't tell from my username). I guess I'm just not as comfortable with myself yet. I will definitely check out your site. I'm not from Texas, but it would be nice to talk to other people like us.

Quote Originally Posted by theguest View Post
    I've always been kind of nervous around sites like diaperspace. Heck, I was sooo scared when I finally joined adisc (if you can't tell from my username). I guess I'm just not as comfortable with myself yet. I will definitely check out your site. I'm not from Texas, but it would be nice to talk to other people like us.
    Diaperspace was the very first (and for a long time, only!) site I was ever a member of. One of my other threads is about community sites that don't focus on the sexual side of ABDL, because it tends to overwhelm a lot of users. I found Diaperspace to be the best site that was around for a long time.

When Diaperspace 'broke', I ramped up my own little website with a lot of help from a very, very savvy moderator and tech guru. He built the website, and I help admin it Its laid out kind of like facebook, and built with the same software as DS, but a newer version. And no - our site won't break like that!

I'm proud of you for breaking out and signing up for a site. This is a great place to feel around and see what interests you while being able to post on other topics will help you keep from feeling buried in it I wish you the best of luck, and hope to see you on the romp site!