Thread: A BIG breakthrough mod for *b/dl's that want babyish prints (works only with cloth backed though).

Default A BIG breakthrough mod for *b/dl's that want babyish prints (works only with cloth backed though).

After years of reading posts about others that want babyish prints as well as wanting them myself, I began to look for ways on how to do that and I am proud to say I have finally succeeded. I came up with this mod while making diaper extenders from a baby diaper.
    heres what you will need.

1. size 5 or size 6 baby diapers of your brand of choice.
    2. cloth backed adult diapers of preferred brand.
    3. patience.

1. Get one of the baby diapers and peel the cloth backing off carefully the same way you would to make diaper extenders.
    2. Grab a cloth backed adult diaper, lay it out on a flat surface with the absorbant side down and place the peel baby diaper over to get a measure of how wide the pocket needs to be. Be sure to stretch it firmly over for accurate measuring.
    3. Carefully peel apart the cloth backing of the adult brief starting from the very middle to create a pocket that reaches through the crotch all the way to the end. make sure to make the pocket wide enough as well as long enough for the baby diaper to fit inside.
    4. After tunneling the pocket, grab the peeled baby diaper and carefully insert it into the pocket until it is perfectly centered in.
    5. press cloth backing hard to close the tunnel pocket but first make sure the baby diaper inside is laid out straight and free of major wrinkles. also be sure to smooth the cloth backing firmly after closing the pocket.
    6. enjoy.

here is the one I made, it kind of looks like an ABU Cushie. Also there is another much simpler variation I made using the same tunneling method and some Hello Kitty duct tape.
    also I tried to post this thread earlier but was having bad internet connection so sorry if this might be a duplicate.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0205.jpg 
Views:	807 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	16918  

Looks great, I think I understand the step by step. Any way you could post a picture detailing each step visually?

Thank you ej24 ^^, and yes it is quite possible for me to add step by step picture detailing but I would probably have to do so in the articles section. Oh and I forgot to mention a size 7 baby diaper can also be used as well and also stickers or custom images, anythings possible.

you could used a plastic backed but you would have to use tape to stick the stuff to the diaper :\

This is a great idea, but the baby diaper wouldn't ever be able to absorb any urine as the adult diaper padding has a plastic barrier between it and the baby diaper. The only way to remedy this would be to cut slits into the bottom of the plastic barrier of the adult diaper, which is under the cloth-backing. Not an easy task if you want to keep the cloth-backing intact. I've wanted to make this work as I do this with my plastic backed diapers, but I can't figure out a way to make it work with cloth-backed ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Dldapper View Post
    This is a great idea, but the baby diaper wouldn't ever be able to absorb any urine as the adult diaper padding has a plastic barrier between it and the baby diaper. The only way to remedy this would be to cut slits into the bottom of the plastic barrier of the adult diaper, which is under the cloth-backing. Not an easy task if you want to keep the cloth-backing intact. I've wanted to make this work as I do this with my plastic backed diapers, but I can't figure out a way to make it work with cloth-backed ones.
    Ah, I see where you're coming from, this problem can be fixed by gently tearing the plastic barrier with your fingernails while tunneling beneath the fabric. Trust me, it wont tear the clothlike outer cover. Its mainly the preference of the wearer whether they only want for decor or decor and functional added absorbancy, mainly up to the wearer.

I too would like to see this as a step by step guide with pictures. I can't picture these steps for the life of me...

Quote Originally Posted by MetalHeadTiffany View Post
    Ah, I see where you're coming from, this problem can be fixed by gently tearing the plastic barrier with your fingernails while tunneling beneath the fabric. Trust me, it wont tear the clothlike outer cover. Its mainly the preference of the wearer whether they only want for decor or decor and functional added absorbancy, mainly up to the wearer.
    Nah, you really wouldn't want to do that. It makes no sense to try to use the baby diaper as a booster when you're essentially placing it *over* the adult diaper. It would simply fill up and then leak into the space between the plastic and the backing of the adult diaper, which would in turn leak into your onsie, pants, bed, ...whatever. Your original post was about augmenting the appearance, not the function, of the adult diaper. I don't think you can have it both ways. Just stick to your original process.

I've often wondered whether those inkjet-printable iron-ons that you can buy at fabric stores would work on diapers. You know? Scan a Pampers diaper, blow it up in Photoshop, print it out (perhaps in a couple of sections so that it's big enough), then iron it onto your adult diaper. Might have to experiment a bit with the heat setting to avoid just melting everything, but... Might be a recipe for some fun! If that didn't work, then you could at least iron the pattern onto some plain white cotton panties and just wear them over your diapers.

The heat required to adhere the ink to the diaper far exceeds the melting point of the plastic, unfortunately. I have currently vested myself into creating a process to customize plain adult diapers. I've just only started so it might be a while. :p (I'm a DL so haven't had any interest in diaper prints until now)