Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Double Diapering

Exclamation Double Diapering

What is the best way to double diaper a disposable diaper with tapes. I tried this today but I leaked and only the first diaper got wet, the other one was completely dry.

Am I doing something wrong? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

You have to cut slits in the first diaper so that it allows urine to pass into the second diaper. Otherwise, the first diaper will just leak when it reaches capacity.

I'm led to believe the best way to do this is to cut little slits in the inner one, so that the liquid can pass through the waterproof outer layer, and get into the outer one.

Yeah, thats what I was going to say! Make sure you dont make the slits too big or alot of sap will fall out of the first diaper into the second. Personally I use pads like poise ultimate longs inside my diapers for more absorbsion and more bulk. These are nice because they swell alot and when they reach capasity they leak into the diaper. You could also try booster pads!

Diaper booster pads are your best bet. I'll suggest what others have said already if you dont.go.this route.

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLMaNN1983 View Post
    Diaper booster pads are your best bet. I'll suggest what others have said already if you dont.go.this route.
    Are there retail stores that sell diaper boosts pads, or is that something you have to buy online? I noticed someone above you mentioned Poise pads, if I bought those, could I use them as a booster pad? I'm not really sure I fully understand how these booster pads work.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiPad89 View Post
    Are there retail stores that sell diaper boosts pads, or is that something you have to buy online? I noticed someone above you mentioned Poise pads, if I bought those, could I use them as a booster pad? I'm not really sure I fully understand how these booster pads work.
    Booster pads have no lining to hold liquid in to the pad. They are made to be passed through and go to the diaper without any plastic lining holding it back. It's like the in side of the diaper on both sides. Poise/Tena pads have the plastic lining and would need to be slit as well.

I accidentally bought drug store brand adult pull ups. They are garbage. But I could not waste them. I now take a cheap CVS diaper and place the pull up padding inside. Just cut or remove all the excess from the pull up from around the padding. With a razor cut a slot either front or back of the diaper just as long as the pad is wide. Push the fluff away from the outer side of the diaper it gets a little messy, go slow. Slide in the pad under the fluff, pad side up. I use white duct tape to seal. It holds a lot and there are no leaks.

The best way is to use a Wartenberg wheel. It is a handle with a rotating wheel on the end. The pins on the wheel will make many holes as you roll it back and forth on the backsheet. Cuts will work if they are short enough - too long and the padding will come out. Pins or other poking tools will work, but require more patience.

However, even with this modification, doubling disposables doesn't work as well as doubling cloth diapers.

Toys-R-us sold some great boosters, but may have discontinued them. Larger boosters from medical supply stores might work as well, but for most of us, those boosters were the only thing from the Toys-R-Us diaper isle that would fit us.

the easy way is to make holes in the foil of the first diaper with a pencil or biro

making slits with a knife could make too big slits and the sap comes out