Thread: Ideas or advice?

Default Ideas or advice?

I am making cloth diapers. I need some ideas on a lightweight material to use for the core. I tried towels but they are too heavy and uncomfortable. Anybody have any ideas?

Go in a fabric store and buy the real deal.
    I once bought some PUL, terry cotton and made my own all in one.
    You can make prefold very easely too.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelbaby View Post
    I am making cloth diapers. I need some ideas on a lightweight material to use for the core. I tried towels but they are too heavy and uncomfortable. Anybody have any ideas?
    Send DaveTDL a PM. He's made his own cloth diapers. Also check out the group. Society For Cloth Apprecieation. There will probably be some info in there.

Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

Bob111 that is my idea too I just need to find a good core fabric. I considered terry cloth. I use flannel for the outside. PUL? Sorry not sure what that is

if form over function is the primary goal, polyester padding (jacket/sleeping-bag lining) can be used to create a soft bulkiness with very little weight.

Angelbaby...I responded to your PM, but for the general thread...I use microfiber for my soaker. It is lightweight, absorbent, and fairly inexpensive. If you layer the microfiber as I do, you'll have to use a heavier needle in your machine though; I'm using an 18/140 or something like that. The regular 14/110 universal needles tend to break with four layers of microfiber.