Thread: For The Baby High Chair Aficionado

Default For The Baby High Chair Aficionado

This one would be wonderful to have if you're into real baby furnishings: High Chair Stroleeyouth Folding Vintage Antique Retro Baby Child Seat Stool | eBay
    Has the added advantage of the tray support arms retracting to turn it into a youth chair. Just about any adult could also pull this up to the table and enjoy using a comfy, real baby/toddler/youth chair to eat a meal. Strolee made some really cool baby/toddler items back in the day. This chair probably dates to the early 1970s. Would love to buy it myself if I only had room to start a high chair collection.

~Pramrider

Neat looking high chair. I haven't seen any around lately but always on the hunt. Spring is hear and there may be some good deal to be had in yard sales.

bn3baby

Pramrider - Glad to see you on the site. That's a cool high chair. As a baby mine was a wooden one probably from the early 40's. Someone had put one of those babyish lamb decals on the solid back as was common to decorate hand-me-down cribs and infant furniture. My crib was also wooden (painted with the same kind of animal decals attached to the solid head and footboards)

It's funny how iconic the particular type of furniture and what it is made from evokes strong feelings related to infanthood. The chrome and yellow vinyl of the highchair you posted does little to arouse my most babyish feelings.

Hey Diapered Rabbit,

My aunt had a wood highchair for her kids back in the early 1950s similar to the one you described. I vaguely remember trying it out when over there for visits, and that is probably also my earliest recollection of having an attraction to baby gear items which a few years later developed into more full blown infantilist feelings and desires. She had a red vinyl or oilcloth padded seat liner to make it more comfy. I don't think my mother even had a high chair for us kids, at least I have no memory of ever seeing one in the house, or even stashed away down in the basement somewhere. If she did, I'm sure I'd remember getting in it just for the sheer enjoyment of it. The only baby items I know we had were a crib (don't actually remember it, but she mentioned it before) and a Taylor Tot stroller. Thanks for mentioning the wooden high chair. That helped recall another pleasant childhood memory for me I had forgotten.

~Pramrider

Looks like a real good high chair to have fun in. The fact the tray can remove completely means, any AB can fit with ease into that seat. The vinyl padding looks like a durable type too. Although not as nice to touch, it looks really hard wearing.

I would buy it if I could afford it at the moment I can't, that's nearly the same model that my aunt used when I was visiting her when I was around 3-4 yrs old, I ended up in that chair a couple of time because it was the naughty chair at her house. Main difference is the back was some kind of pastel blue color. I'm quite sure if she had it today I could probably fit in it comfy, it was huge in my memories.

my kids had one of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wooden-Bab...651370122?var=

When they were too big for the highchair I turned it into the chair and table combo, the tray comes off and you take the chair bit off, turn the bottom bit over 90 and the solid bit of the bottom becomes a table so they have their own little chair and table.

The one I had was a winnie the pooh design, my Sister gave it to me. (back before she disowned me)

Quote Originally Posted by CodyBaby View Post
    I would buy it if I could afford it at the moment I can't, that's nearly the same model that my aunt used when I was visiting her when I was around 3-4 yrs old, I ended up in that chair a couple of time because it was the naughty chair at her house.
    If my aunt had a "naughty" chair like that, I'd be sure to do something naughty whenever I visited just to get to sit in the chair for awhile...and no hurry to get out!

~Pramrider