Thread: Hmmm.....ABU cushies vs Tena Slip Maxi

Default Hmmm.....ABU cushies vs Tena Slip Maxi

I have a pack of Tena Slips arriving today and was thinking of a future order of Cushies. How do these compare?? The cushies are definitely a more baby look which many of us diaper lovers prefer, but are they worth trying out?

If your a user of your diaper I mean by wetting. I would prefer the Tena Slip Maxi. I had a couple of Cushies as freebies last summer and wasn't at all impressed.

at the outside a cushies and inside a tena would be perfect for me

i had cushies one time and inserted baby diapers to make them better
    Last edited by Schaf; 30-Apr-2013 at 22:00.

For excellent fit and absorbency, you'll want the Tenas. If you want the look and feel of a baby diaper, then Cushies are the best choice.

Ive been testing out a lot of diapers lately trying to replace M/L Depends with Tabs and find something that fits really well for sleeping that can handle my increasingly voluminous bed wetting. In the last month or so I tried...

Molicare Super plus medium & large
    Abena M4, L3 & L4
    Wellness Briefs medium & large
    Tranquilty ATN medium & large
    Tena Slip Maxi medium & large
    Bambino Bianco medium & large

If you're a guy the tena slip maxi has a flaw. The padding doesn't come up nearly high enough in the front and they tended to leak across the top and down the side. Even for a girl it seems low to me. The plastic cover comes up high and refastenable tapes are great but I leaked a lot in those.

I am not specifically Abdl but I've used a lot of diapers and holy cow is that Bianco a great diaper in the number one spot so far. Closely followed by abena and eeking out third place is the Molicare. The Wellness were great but not superior enough that i would pay upwards of $2 a piece and they were not as comfortable as the Bianco.

That and for me the refastenable tapes on the Bianco are a great feature. I like to snug them up after a bit and it's probably blasphemy around here but sometimes I like to use the toilet after already getting ready for bed. A downside is the ab themed web site but what the hell, you folks seem like good people and maybe one day I'll get the diapers with the little bears on them!

Quote Originally Posted by Got1 View Post
    Ive been testing out a lot of diapers lately trying to replace M/L Depends with Tabs and find something that fits really well for sleeping that can handle my increasingly voluminous bed wetting. In the last month or so I tried...

Molicare Super plus medium & large
    Abena M4, L3 & L4
    Wellness Briefs medium & large
    Tranquilty ATN medium & large
    Tena Slip Maxi medium & large
    Bambino Bianco medium & large

If you're a guy the tena slip maxi has a flaw. The padding doesn't come up nearly high enough in the front and they tended to leak across the top and down the side. Even for a girl it seems low to me. The plastic cover comes up high and refastenable tapes are great but I leaked a lot in those.

I am not specifically Abdl but I've used a lot of diapers and holy cow is that Bianco a great diaper in the number one spot so far. Closely followed by abena and eeking out third place is the Molicare. The Wellness were great but not superior enough that i would pay upwards of $2 a piece and they were not as comfortable as the Bianco.

That and for me the refastenable tapes on the Bianco are a great feature. I like to snug them up after a bit and it's probably blasphemy around here but sometimes I like to use the toilet after already getting ready for bed. A downside is the ab themed web site but what the hell, you folks seem like good people and maybe one day I'll get the diapers with the little bears on them!
    You should get a sample of the Bambino Belssimo diapers. They aren't much thicker, but they have more SAP content than the rest of the Bambino line.

Also, the crotch is wider. They swell quite a bit and will make you waddle when wet. I can go at least 8 hours without a change depending on liquid intake. Sometimes, it's longer. Add a Quadro Pad and plastic pants and a snap crotch onesie. You can pretty much go on demand for a long time to come. Just don't sit down too fast and keep floods down. Take a few voids to allow absorption instead all at once to assure of no leaks.

They are quite expensive, but, they are worth it. Even if you're just incontinent if you could ignore the prints.

Well put it this way, I bought some cushies late 2011 and I still have a few left and I couldn't count how many TS Maxi's I've been through in the same period.
    I really loved the single tapes on each side, the babyish print was fun but because I live at my parents house still, they crinkle far too much, I hate to walk down the hallway at night with one on. I find that once soaked they leak at the back when you are lying down and that's really annoying because I like to wake up and pee and stay in bed for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLMaNN1983 View Post
    You should get a sample of the Bambino Belssimo diapers. They aren't much thicker, but they have more SAP content than the rest of the Bambino line.

Also, the crotch is wider. They swell quite a bit and will make you waddle when wet. I can go at least 8 hours without a change depending on liquid intake. Sometimes, it's longer. Add a Quadro Pad and plastic pants and a snap crotch onesie. You can pretty much go on demand for a long time to come. Just don't sit down too fast and keep floods down. Take a few voids to allow absorption instead all at once to assure of no leaks.

They are quite expensive, but, they are worth it. Even if you're just incontinent if you could ignore the prints.
    So I sucked it up and bought myself an Easy Access Onsie a few weeks ago and youre right, what a big difference that made when it comes to leak prevention. plain white and good quality to boot. I looked around for plastic pants but got kind of lost between the ab scene liking what's cute and most incontinent people not wearing them much to begin with. I'm still interested but my search is stalled.

I have two kids and it's going to be awkward enough when they eventually find out Im a bed wetter one late night in the future without having to explain the hello kitty print on my diaper of choice. however, if the Bianco's don't make the grade as time goes by I will likely try the dry 24/7's and the Bellisimo with bears and all... Who knows, they may make an all white version in the future and I will give them a try for sure if they were all white

Quote Originally Posted by Got1 View Post
    So I sucked it up and bought myself an Easy Access Onsie a few weeks ago and youre right, what a big difference that made when it comes to leak prevention. plain white and good quality to boot. I looked around for plastic pants but got kind of lost between the ab scene liking what's cute and most incontinent people not wearing them much to begin with. I'm still interested but my search is stalled.

I have two kids and it's going to be awkward enough when they eventually find out Im a bed wetter one late night in the future without having to explain the hello kitty print on my diaper of choice. however, if the Bianco's don't make the grade as time goes by I will likely try the dry 24/7's and the Bellisimo with bears and all... Who knows, they may make an all white version in the future and I will give them a try for sure if they were all white
    Babypants.com has that Gerber white plastic pant. They crinkle a good bit, but, they have strength and last a good while. I fit into XL size but the legs were tight. I went ahead and went up to 3XL and they fit me perfectly. I can put plenty of padding inside and have room to spare. They also come up higher. They still have a good seal and is far from loose. I have a 44in waist. So don't be afraid to up size. They cost $10-$14 and they are worth more. They are a thinner grade of plastic but it is strong. The first pair I bought is still going strong and been having them for over a year. Use the Peva sizing for measurement.

They also carry others but I've had problems with them buying them from other places. You definitely have to get the size right. They ripped at the seams and didn't even feel tight. They didn't last me more than a few months. You want to measure with a sewing measuring tape.

Something that I've been experiencing with recently is compression shorts. They are Starter brand and are very stretchy. They pretty much eliminate sagging. They look like underwear and have no fly opening and they have a U shaped crotch that compliments my Bambino diapers. They have some sort of silk like feeling. They aren't too tight and $10 at Wal-Mart. I wear them over my onesie and the diapers don't move at all.