Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fabine Manufacturer?

Default Fabine Manufacturer?

Does anyone have a clue as to which company actually *manufactures* Fabines? I know Buntewindel.de sells them, but I believe they're just a middle man and that a separate company manufactures them and, in turn, sells them to Buntewindel who then sells them to us.

I presume one of the many, many sellers on Alibaba offering such products.

Quote Originally Posted by LesserRiking View Post
    Does anyone have a clue as to which company actually *manufactures* Fabines? I know Buntewindel.de sells them, but I believe they're just a middle man and that a separate company manufactures them and, in turn, sells them to Buntewindel who then sells them to us.
    they are made by a made by a company in China for them.

Don't you wonder what factory workers think of the items they're creating sometimes? Fabines don't look anything like diapers for people who need to wear them. I would personally be weirded out as a (non-DL) factory worker in China.

Quote Originally Posted by growlycub View Post
    Don't you wonder what factory workers think of the items they're creating sometimes? Fabines don't look anything like diapers for people who need to wear them. I would personally be weirded out as a (non-DL) factory worker in China.
    I bet they find weirder things in their breakfast bowl. People working in factories there probably have a hand in producing a lot of things they think are strange. I think my question would be do they think that they're actually popular here just because they're making them?

Quote Originally Posted by Overnight View Post
    I presume one of the many, many sellers on Alibaba offering such products.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksmith View Post
    they are made by a made by a company in China for them.
    Right, I figured as much I was hoping to find out which company specifically, if anyone happens to know. I'd like to order a run of similar-but-improved diapers from them.

Quote Originally Posted by LesserRiking View Post
    I'd like to order a run of similar-but-improved diapers from them.
    I'm interested in hearing your ideas. Would you like a business partner?

Quote Originally Posted by ultrapampers View Post
    I'm interested in hearing your ideas. Would you like a business partner?
    I also think of doing this as well on a daily basis almost. I've thought of this very seriously and want to make more unique diapers. Especially colored plastic covers. I think that the Fabines were flat ugly. I'd like to mimic some of the special designs they had back in the day.

I was thinking I had to have my own diaper making machine to be successful while experimenting more. I know it would probably be next to impossible to be an independent manufacturer. I would also make products for the incontinent folks as well. That would help stabilize the business while providing real quality to them.

I have images in my head but I'm horrible at art. One of my ideas have been a blue or blue pinstripe with a nautical theme with sailboats and stuff like that.

That's just one of my ideas (it might have been used by Luvs before I have vivid memory about holding one in my hand one time when I was 3 or 4 years old.

If you know how to get more into something like this, let me know and what would have to happen, because we are geographically far apart most likely.

I doubt there would be that many people that think they are strange. Dont forget that the majority of the process is automated - so no need to have workers there to do too much because that removes a lot of the cost to the manufacturer.

Also, just a word of caution if you are serious about something like this. Be careful trying to mimic designs from other companies. If you are looking to make something similar, it would be best to draw your design and then approach the company that its from to make sure they are happy with it and arent going to turn around and get lawyer happy. These days, its doesnt take much for someone to want to sue over something that looks the same as what they had.

Last thing i would caution (and im not against the idea for you to go and do your own designs, etc.) make sure you have an idea how to run a business because this is what you will be doing. If you dont really know how to manage a business, things will go south rather quickly and you will find that you will be putting money in that you wont be able to recover. So you need to be able to keep on top of things. Even when you have a deal with the manufacturer to produce a product, you need to advertise to let people know, plus pay the manafacturer for the product beforehand (they will want payment up front for it and they wont be small orders) and you need to make sure you have records of everything you do and the biggest thing with this is that there will probably be some kind of import tax or some kind of fee that will be apart of shipping from the manafacturer to you. Having your own business like that can be great but all these things add up and you need to make sure you know about these aspects before you go in (its better than finding out when you have already started the manafacturer making your product and have a ton of bills come in for all these sorts of things).

Either way, good luck if you decided to go ahead with it. And let me know when things get going because i would be interested to see what you come up with.

You need a good amount of cash behind you, and you need to leave that cash in the business for ages to let it grow. See ABU for why.