Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Too old?

Default Too old?

Last week, I got my new Nuk 5 pacifier for first time and I really enjoy it. I assumed my wife will be okay with this because she seem fine with me wearing diapers (as long as I am home alone). Apparently, she doesn't and said "pacifier is too much". Then later on, she said "I was hoping you will outgrow all of this by the time you are 30." Btw, I am just 5 months away from hitting 30. I told her, "I don't think that will going to happen. I wear diapers on and off for past more than 22 years... too long and hard to let it go. I already accepted it's part of me." She look very disappointed when I said that, then asked me if I would be still into that when I am 40, 50, 60 etc. I said, "I don't know but there are plenty of people on adisc that's older than me and they still wear diapers... no big deal."

Her acceptance of my DL side are sometimes confusing. Some times, she's fine with it, and while others, she doesn't. Any advice?

When you've talked to her about this in the past have you told her it's part of you for life for good? from what you've written it does seem like she might have been hoping it's "a phase" and it'll go away someday... perhaps time for a serious conversation about it?

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLily View Post
    Last week, I got my new Nuk 5 pacifier for first time and I really enjoy it. I assumed my wife will be okay with this because she seem fine with me wearing diapers (as long as I am home alone). Apparently, she doesn't and said "pacifier is too much". Then later on, she said "I was hoping you will outgrow all of this by the time you are 30." Btw, I am just 5 months away from hitting 30. I told her, "I don't think that will going to happen. I wear diapers on and off for past more than 22 years... too long and hard to let it go. I already accepted it's part of me." She look very disappointed when I said that, then asked me if I would be still into that when I am 40, 50, 60 etc. I said, "I don't know but there are plenty of people on adisc that's older than me and they still wear diapers... no big deal."

Her acceptance of my DL side are sometimes confusing. Some times, she's fine with it, and while others, she doesn't. Any advice?
    Did you tell her about that part of you before, or after you wed? Seems like she just tolerates it to an extent. Have a rock talk with that one.

Then later on, she said "I was hoping you will outgrow all of this by the time you are 30."

Going to be honest here but she doesn't actually sound that supportive if she was hoping that she would only have to put up with it for a few years, if she can't handle it now then how will she feel if you're still doing it 10 or 20 years down the line. You need to sit her down and spell it out for her, it is entirely possible that you will never outgrow it and even if you do experience a lull in your desires (one that could last for years) she needs to understand that it is unlikely to ever be something that disappears.

yea, that's odd...most people totally grow out of this by 30...

Quote Originally Posted by babyavi View Post
    I'm just here for the articles.

Quote Originally Posted by MsClaraRiddle View Post
    When you've talked to her about this in the past have you told her it's part of you for life for good? from what you've written it does seem like she might have been hoping it's "a phase" and it'll go away someday... perhaps time for a serious conversation about it?
    I didn't say "part of my life for good" when we first start dating. She knew about my DL side at just about 1 month point and she was fine with it as long as I keep my DL limited, not out of the control. Now, we are married for almost a year and almost 5 years altogether both next month. She realizes that she was just supportive for time being and hoping I will outgrow that later on... obviously she realizes that she's wrong about that.

Quote Originally Posted by FanFan View Post
    Did you tell her about that part of you before, or after you wed? Seems like she just tolerates it to an extent. Have a rock talk with that one.
    Many years before we got married.... she knew about my DL and LG side. She's fine with my LG side, ironically... just not DL side. So somewhat... yes but very limited acceptance.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamakitten View Post
    Going to be honest here but she doesn't actually sound that supportive if she was hoping that she would only have to put up with it for a few years, if she can't handle it now then how will she feel if you're still doing it 10 or 20 years down the line. You need to sit her down and spell it out for her, it is entirely possible that you will never outgrow it and even if you do experience a lull in your desires (one that could last for years) she needs to understand that it is unlikely to ever be something that disappears.
    Yep, I plan to do that sometime soon... not now especially that our 1 year wedding anniversary is coming up in couple of weeks so I don't want to spoil that.

Quote Originally Posted by babyavi View Post
    Gee, thanks....

It sounds like you're using good judgement in not wanting to spoil your anniversary. That in itself points to keeping diaper wearing in balance with the rest of your life, which seems to be something you are doing. When you do discuss this with your wife, reassure her that you do plan to be considerate of her needs and desires. Help her to understand that this doesn't dominate your life, but that at the same time, it is a permanent part of your life. Marriages are all about compromises, and just as you will meet her needs, she too must bend a little to meet yours.

Hmmm... I think that this has something to do with the fact that she is dealing with this side of you rather than accepting it. Women often hide their true feelings. Maybe you should've came out all together with everything. If you've explained your AB side of you, then it could have a broad meaning.

As others have said, explain that this doesn't dominate your life. That you do also have an adult life as well that you enjoy as well.

You said that she only allows you to partake in your activities while alone. It seems like she wants absolutely nothing to do with your little side. Perhaps have a long discussion about it and have her discuss her true feelings about this. A pacifier seems way less weird than a diaper. She's just using the moment to probably try to encourage you to quit.

If things get more irate then you should discuss with her about your relationship if she'll have a chip on her shoulder about your little side. Perhaps you haven't explained to her enough of the emotional effects and what not.

How was your relationship ever since you revealed it to her? Has it changed since then? Then you should seriously think about your current relationship status and try to make something that will work out between you two.
    Last edited by MeTaLMaNN1983; 30-Apr-2013 at 05:23.

Hi there, PrincessLily.....
    my name is lodge wrecker, and it seems that you and i share at least two things in common.... being post-op, and having spent some part of our lives with women as SO's....

i hope that you don't mind that i read back through both your posting history on ADISC (a year or more), and that of your spouse... i find that it really helps me to find prospective.

my first impression was that Sarah seems to be the more dominant person between the two of you. in reading her previous posts, it is very clear that she is outspoken and has very clear opinions on what it is that she likes/wants or doesn't like/want. she made that very apparent in several posts on how much she likes small children. but going so far as to say that she doesn't want one of her own because it would tie her life down too much. please see bellow;
    http://www.adisc.org/forum/mature-to...tml#post872748

http://www.adisc.org/forum/mature-to...tml#post872285

http://www.adisc.org/forum/off-topic...tml#post859721

some of what your spouse has said make me wonder;
    #1. does she secretly want children?
    #2. does she some how resent that you have a very innocent and child-like nature to you. a side that begs to be nurtured.... by her...?
    #3. maybe your spouse has an "inner-child" too.... one that has never been nurtured?

this post leads me to ask question number three:
    http://www.adisc.org/forum/off-topic...tml#post859625

on top of those, your spouse make it clear in other posts that at least some of her sexual attraction to you is snuggling your butt i the morning hours before she gets up. something that she points out is had to do while your in diapers. please see bellow;
    http://www.adisc.org/forum/diaper-ta...tml#post969354

with all of that said, i have one other point i want to make about Sarah. she in giving advice to someone else on ADISC made on bones about how easy it was for her to split-the-sheets with her last spouse (i guess before you). in the post that you will find below she doesn't exactly come of as sentimental sounding. she sounds like she does what she needs to do to take care of herself.... advice that in the end, i would give to you.
    http://www.adisc.org/forum/mature-to...tml#post859408

Now, as to what i have seen in you, PrincessLily;
    (a look back through your posts too)

what struck me most was on march 20, 2012....
    you started a thread asking for advice here;
    http://www.adisc.org/forum/diaper-ta...tml#post846774

it's now been over a year sense you asked that question about wearing diapers; a question that seems on the face, very similar to what you are now asking. i have read all your posts between then and now, and to be honest, it looks to me as if your inner-LG and all that goes with that is being chocked slowly to death. i have a whole list of links to posts of yours. one that talks of your need for pads every day because you leak (not unlike many post-ops and normal girls). a couple that talk about how you are not sexual with your wife at all and in fact have no sexual interest in her at all. that your only sexual interest is in diapers.... a perfectly reasonable thing for girls like us (given our lack of original hormone & boinker... lol) ... and another post describing your best fantasy as finding a male DL that you can diaper and who will in-turn diaper you. and the two you can play together... (sounds like fun to me).
    would you like me to list these?

(deep sigh)
    yes, we all dearly want our live to go on and on with out the boat rocking or sinking. you, me... everyone! and no doubt your spouse is on here listing to what you and everyone else has to say for her own security. but it's not your spouse that is asking for advice, it's you. and to me; having gone through this sort of stuff myself on several levels. i will never let someone stifle my gender, my sexuality, my personality, or my self-expression again. not ever in my bloody life!

i am a transgender, LG, who is fairly incontinent at times. and no one will ever make me feel that i need to hide or repress that. or if i need to for the sake of dealing with it; find a way of enjoyment in some part of it. these are what i have learned in my almost 59 years....

please don't take that long to learn them for yourself, PrincessLily.....
    be who you were meant to be!
    you'll regret it if you don't.