Thread: My response to MeTaLMaNN1983 and PaSS

Default My response to MeTaLMaNN1983 and PaSS

I took these excerpts from another post, so that I could answer them, without continuing the "offtopicness" from the OP pmsl....

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLMaNN1983 View Post
    I'm curious how you've first reacted when you found us... can you share your initial and what you think of is now? Just curious. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by PaSS View Post
    interesting i have the saqme questions as others what do you think of the abdl community and whats your thoughts on it
    I was interested in the above questions, and I thought you guys would be equally as interested in my answer.

When I first realised what forum I had stumbled across, I panicked, as you will have seen in my intro post, I state that I think I am in the wrong place. I am then given a warm welcome and informed that I am in the right place for incontinence, and that I will receive a warm hearty reception regardless of my interests in the Community, they were indeed correct.

Whilst not having any interest whatsoever in the AD of ADISC, the "I" was why I arrived in the first place.

I cannot pretend to even fathom why anyone would sit happily in a soiled diaper, even for mere seconds, but that does not make me any less likely to get on with those who do.

You see, I am very much a "don't judge a book by its cover" type of person, and in having that philosophy it has enabled me to venture outside of my "comfort zone" and enjoy discussions with people from all walks of life.

I guess it is a bit like trying to understand the reasons why a chap likes to put his "pecker" inside another chap, or the other way round receive one.

Though the thought of the "actual act" disgusts me and makes my skin crawl, I am not a homophobe, I have a handful of online gay friends whom I love just as much as my online female friends. (I have no IRL friends)

I am 99.9% sure the reason why I am so averse to the "actual act" is because I was raped in that way, amongst others, by a gang of lads as a teen. Not something I normally like to divulge, but I needed to get the point across of why I THINK the "actual act" is disgusting, so that anyone that is gay on here HOPEFULLY does not take offence.

So, whilst I have absolutely NO IDEA why anyone older than a toddler would wear a diaper and get a "kick out of it", better still get a "kick" out of soiling it, I do not judge anyone does.

I am really confused with how sex comes into the picture, not with "how do you have sex in a diaper?", more how anyone can associate sexual feelings with them.

To me, my pads, diapers - call them what you will, are just something I HAVE to wear to protect my self/clothing/dignity from embarrassing accidents. That is all.

Having said that, although I absolutely and utterly detest wetting myself, or worst still, soiling myself with number twos... since I have been on this forum, I have sat and contemplated about my "padded undercarriage" and found myself pondering whether or not I actually remotely enjoy the perhaps "secure" and/or "comfortable" feeling of being "padded up" or whether I have gotten so used to wearing in these 6 years, that NOT having padding seems a little strange. I have yet to find the definitive answer!

When I first joined the forum, I joked to Si about how I searched incontinence and inadvertently found and joined this forum, but now Si knows that I have had some decent advice from it.

Si still "takes the pee" about the fact I wear pads, I need a bib, need special cutlery and drinking cups and occasionally wear my footed sleeper. Sometimes I get offended by it, sometimes it doesn't bother me.

I am going out on a limb here, when I say that I honestly don't know whether I have developed a further understanding of ABism from the documentary we watched about it, or whether my feelings are more like "ewwww why on Earth would they want to do that!?" I am truly on the fence. Either way, whoever is into it, they are still a Human being and still deserve my utmost respect.

So yes my feelings are a mixed bunch, but outside this post where I was actually asked how I felt, I shall keep them to myself.

Feel free to pick up on any point that I have made, I am open to criticism and further questions.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainVimes View Post
    I took these excerpts from another post, so that I could answer them, without continuing the "offtopicness" from the OP pmsl....

I was interested in the above questions, and I thought you guys would be equally as interested in my answer.

When I first realised what forum I had stumbled across, I panicked, as you will have seen in my intro post, I state that I think I am in the wrong place. I am then given a warm welcome and informed that I am in the right place for incontinence, and that I will receive a warm hearty reception regardless of my interests in the Community, they were indeed correct.

Whilst not having any interest whatsoever in the AD of ADISC, the "I" was why I arrived in the first place.

I cannot pretend to even fathom why anyone would sit happily in a soiled diaper, even for mere seconds, but that does not make me any less likely to get on with those who do.

You see, I am very much a "don't judge a book by its cover" type of person, and in having that philosophy it has enabled me to venture outside of my "comfort zone" and enjoy discussions with people from all walks of life.

I guess it is a bit like trying to understand the reasons why a chap likes to put his "pecker" inside another chap, or the other way round receive one.

Though the thought of the "actual act" disgusts me and makes my skin crawl, I am not a homophobe, I have a handful of online gay friends whom I love just as much as my online female friends. (I have no IRL friends)

I am 99.9% sure the reason why I am so averse to the "actual act" is because I was raped in that way, amongst others, by a gang of lads as a teen. Not something I normally like to divulge, but I needed to get the point across of why I THINK the "actual act" is disgusting, so that anyone that is gay on here HOPEFULLY does not take offence.

So, whilst I have absolutely NO IDEA why anyone older than a toddler would wear a diaper and get a "kick out of it", better still get a "kick" out of soiling it, I do not judge anyone does.

I am really confused with how sex comes into the picture, not with "how do you have sex in a diaper?", more how anyone can associate sexual feelings with them.

To me, my pads, diapers - call them what you will, are just something I HAVE to wear to protect my self/clothing/dignity from embarrassing accidents. That is all.

Having said that, although I absolutely and utterly detest wetting myself, or worst still, soiling myself with number twos... since I have been on this forum, I have sat and contemplated about my "padded undercarriage" and found myself pondering whether or not I actually remotely enjoy the perhaps "secure" and/or "comfortable" feeling of being "padded up" or whether I have gotten so used to wearing in these 6 years, that NOT having padding seems a little strange. I have yet to find the definitive answer!

When I first joined the forum, I joked to Si about how I searched incontinence and inadvertently found and joined this forum, but now Si knows that I have had some decent advice from it.

Si still "takes the pee" about the fact I wear pads, I need a bib, need special cutlery and drinking cups and occasionally wear my footed sleeper. Sometimes I get offended by it, sometimes it doesn't bother me.

I am going out on a limb here, when I say that I honestly don't know whether I have developed a further understanding of ABism from the documentary we watched about it, or whether my feelings are more like "ewwww why on Earth would they want to do that!?" I am truly on the fence. Either way, whoever is into it, they are still a Human being and still deserve my utmost respect.

So yes my feelings are a mixed bunch, but outside this post where I was actually asked how I felt, I shall keep them to myself.

Feel free to pick up on any point that I have made, I am open to criticism and further questions.
    I have watched many ABDL docs and I do not think any of them describe exactly why we do what we do.

To help you further understand the abdl side of us and why we might do something the way we do is.

if you are a DL then this is a sexual turn on its just like having a foot fetish except its a diaper not a foot :\. Also for the part about how do we have sex with a diaper on well you cant unless there is a hole in the diapers which i have seen done :\. But most people role play and end up having sex in the end. But from what i have seen most people just have sex the normal way but just involve diapers in the sexual act.

As for being a AB. I my self still don't fully understand it. But i am also still new to he AB side. Now to explain why people enjoy there AB side is well. I have a feeling a lot of people are gonna call me out on this but this is what i see it as :\. I am assuming there is a sexual side to it but its not a stimulating meaning you don't get turned on by the action. IDK if that is possible but it makes sense to me. Also I see this as a very strong addiction as well as a copeing mechanism for stress and well as a lot of other things.

The act of being a AB is to escape from reality that is me being blunt. it is just a way for us to relax and just be innocent. I am not going to go to far into this as some people will probly call me out but this is what i have seen from most including myself. I can also see this as a alternative to drugs it has the same feeling to us it may just be the way we were hard coded in our dna when we were born. you can really never know why exactly we do what we do but mostly its for the innocents as well as escaping.

hopefully this helps you understand a bit further

For other AB and DL reading this. This is just me speaking my mind this was not to offend any one.

Quote Originally Posted by PaSS View Post
    I have watched many ABDL docs and I do not think any of them describe exactly why we do what we do.

To help you further understand the abdl side of us and why we might do something the way we do is.

if you are a DL then this is a sexual turn on its just like having a foot fetish except its a diaper not a foot :\. Also for the part about how do we have sex with a diaper on well you cant unless there is a hole in the diapers which i have seen done :\. But most people role play and end up having sex in the end. But from what i have seen most people just have sex the normal way but just involve diapers in the sexual act.

As for being a AB. I my self still don't fully understand it. But i am also still new to he AB side. Now to explain why people enjoy there AB side is well. I have a feeling a lot of people are gonna call me out on this but this is what i see it as :\. I am assuming there is a sexual side to it but its not a stimulating meaning you don't get turned on by the action. IDK if that is possible but it makes sense to me. Also I see this as a very strong addiction as well as a copeing mechanism for stress and well as a lot of other things.

The act of being a AB is to escape from reality that is me being blunt. it is just a way for us to relax and just be innocent. I am not going to go to far into this as some people will probly call me out but this is what i have seen from most including myself. I can also see this as a alternative to drugs it has the same feeling to us it may just be the way we were hard coded in our dna when we were born. you can really never know why exactly we do what we do but mostly its for the innocents as well as escaping.

hopefully this helps you understand a bit further

For other AB and DL reading this. This is just me speaking my mind this was not to offend any one.
    There are sexual and non-sexual DLs and ABs. They're independent of any sexual enjoyment. The sexual side is common in both or all or along the spectrum or however one describes what we are.

First of all, thank you for your kind and candid response. It's not too often we get to hear about how non-ABDLs view us outside of the stock responses like "ew, wtf?" and "weird, but to each their own." Something that stuck out to me:

I cannot pretend to even fathom why anyone would sit happily in a soiled diaper, even for mere seconds
    You, know, I find myself asking just that very question quite often. I mean really, why would anyone--why would I--want to sit in my own piss? It's a pretty weird phenomenon. For those who experience ABDLism as a sexual fetish, I think a lot of it is just that our sexual desires are irrational and inscrutable. I mean really, how can you explain or describe why it is that you find anything sexually arousing, be it a penis, vagina, or a diaper? It just is, and that's the madness of sexuality.

For those of us who are less sexually inclined, like me, I think there a couple of themes that commonly arise surrounding the inherent transgressiveness of soiling oneself. For one, it can be perceived a powerful display of weakness, and that's pretty central to the "helpless baby" trope that dominates a lot of ageplay. It's also humiliating, and (depending on what you're into) can thus be seen as either an occasion to be laughed at or an occasion to be loved and cared for regardless. For me, there's a certain joy in knowing that something that's supposed to be really terrible and embarrassing happened and the world didn't end. In this way, it's actually kind of empowering. When I'm in a diaper around my SO and she loves me in spite of the fact that I'm sitting there in just a diaper, it has the same effect. It serves as an occasion to flesh out the bond of love and trust that we have.

One thing that you can get out of friends like us is that you'll get the best diapering advice that you can't get anywhere else. We are probably the best source of information regarding adult diapers. The toughest diaper critics who go into details that you wouldn't get anywhere.

Giving people advice is sort of a hobby for me. I had gotten one chance to give advice in public about adult diapers. Yes, it was somewhat embarrassing to say the least. But they were talking to a customer service rep in the Walgreens incontinence aisle. I overheard the customer who happened to be a family member caretaker talk about how they couldn't find anything that didn't require a sheet change every morning. I hesitated for a bit, stuttered a little bit, but finally was able to spit out my advice for her to try out Drycare 24/7 and Abena m/l 4. I gave them the web address of XP Medical. I explained about the samples and free shipping of cases. By mid conversation the customer service rep had left and she had asked me to text her the web address. She had one of those old flip phones.

A few weeks go by and the whole thing had slipped my mind. She had sent me a text about how much her and her mother have both gone through the entire night without waking up to change her in the middle of the night or discovering wet sheets. She said her mother also sent her appreciation. She said she didn't have to buy underpads anymore.

I also found this site in search of incontinence support and discovered in the blink of an eye I wasn't the only crazy fool who had a love hate relationship with diapers and age regression. I have the feeling your incontinence might be a new thing for you. for me its been something I have lived with my whole life. I'm now 30 with a 4 year old daughter. I still get embarrassed, mostly when I poop and people are around but its not a hate thing any more. humbling? you bet your a$$ diapers are safety and security for me and that is what I had to learn to like.

I cannot pretend to even fathom why anyone would sit happily in a soiled diaper, even for mere seconds
    Just to explain this part a bit: when thinking of it that way of course it doesn't sound appealing. But as an AB/DL, I don't wear/use diapers just because I want to sit around in my own piss. The reason it's enjoyable is because as a kid, I didn't decided when I was changed or not. When you were a kid, you had to sit in a wet or messy diaper for a while because you didn't decide when you were changed. It's the mental regression aspect that makes it enjoyable.

Hope that helps.

I find the posts on here very informative. I appreciate the views of the non ABDL ICs, like the OP.