Thread: Resident Evil 4

Default Resident Evil 4

So I'm wanting to get Resident Evil 4 next week, if I can. I was just wondering, what's the best version of Resident Evil 4, Gamecube or PS2? I've heard arguments on both parts, with both versions scoring very, very high. I was just wondering what your input was?

Quote Originally Posted by AbbieB View Post
    So I'm wanting to get Resident Evil 4 next week, if I can. I was just wondering, what's the best version of Resident Evil 4, Gamecube or PS2? I've heard arguments on both parts, with both versions scoring very, very high. I was just wondering what your input was?
    It doesn't really matter which version you get, since it's essentially the same game, but I think it would be better on whichever console you feel more comfortable playing on, in the end that's what can make or break RE4 for ya since it's a pretty intense game, especially during the QuickTime Events.

Quote Originally Posted by Braddeh View Post
    It doesn't really matter which version you get, since it's essentially the same game, but I think it would be better on whichever console you feel more comfortable playing on, in the end that's what can make or break RE4 for ya since it's a pretty intense game, especially during the QuickTime Events.
    From what I'm seeing, the Wii version (didn't know it existed) is the best version because the motion controls are supposed to be (surprisingly) smooth, along with extras and what not

I have it on Wii and Gamecube. It's definitely better on Wii. Aiming with the infrared pointer is much faster than aiming with a joystick. (Regarding the extra "Mercenary Mode") There are high scores you can get in the Wii version that are impossible to achieve in other versions due to the faster ability to aim.

I own Resident Evil 4 on the Wii as soon as it came out and its pretty fun with it. Other then the Wii Waggle to escape/run/dodge Quick Time Event.

However Resident Evil 4 HD on PS3 or 360 are likely the best overall looking.

There is also a supposedly badly ported PC version, which is essentially just the PS2 version.

To be honnest your best bet is probably the Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii version.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    I own Resident Evil 4 on the Wii as soon as it came out and its pretty fun with it. Other then the Wii Waggle to escape/run/dodge Quick Time Event.

However Resident Evil 4 HD on PS3 or 360 are likely the best overall looking.
    I (sadly) don't have a PS3 and despise 360, though :P. Besides, gameplay and extras are higher up on my list than looks x3 Yeah, graphics are nice, but from what I'm seeing, the controls of the Wii version are to die for

Quote Originally Posted by AbbieB View Post
    I (sadly) don't have a PS3 and despise 360, though :P. Besides, gameplay and extras are higher up on my list than looks x3 Yeah, graphics are nice, but from what I'm seeing, the controls of the Wii version are to die for
    If that's what's driving your decision then the best course of action is to go for the Wii version then.

Although I will say this, would you rather waggle a Wii remote for the quick-time events or just press a button? Because that will be the one that clinches which version you get at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Braddeh View Post
    If that's what's driving your decision then the best course of action is to go for the Wii version then.

Although I will say this, would you rather waggle a Wii remote for the quick-time events or just press a button? Because that will be the one that clinches which version you get at this point.
    the waggle isn't bad but its more annoying then button press.

Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    There is also a supposedly badly ported PC version, which is essentially just the PS2 version.

To be honnest your best bet is probably the Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii version.
    I own the PC version, and the only reason I haven't sold it is I'd feel guilty taking their money for it...

Of the versions I've played, I prefer the Wii version personally