Thread: Substitute for diapers?

NaughtyPants

Question Substitute for diapers?

Hey guys, as you can see this is my first post in this forum! Feels wonderful

Now let's get to the point of my thread...
    I have never actually tried a diaper since I was a baby because I can't get hold of diapers due to the fact that I currently live with my parents and they would notice if I bought some and I have no siblings either.

What I like is not the diapers but the feeling and pure "naughtyness" of pooping and peeing myself so I am currently using my everyday underwear to do this.
    However, I use something else to put in my pants so that I definitely don't get any poo-stains in my underwear.

This is where I am kinda lost, I need a good tip for something that I can use that's relatively easy to wash by hand and that most people have in their homes. At the moment it's kitchen towels but they are kind of tricky to wash so I'd rather use something else, do you guys know any good material?

PS. I hope that it's allowed to discuss this in this forum even though it's a "diaper-forum" because I can't find any good forum for my subject and I'd love to try diapers one day!
    Last edited by NaughtyPants; 28-Apr-2013 at 02:43.

Firstly, Welcome to ADISC, if you'd wish to introduce yourself more formally, the Greetings/Introductions forum is here.

In regard to your inquiry; you can always try going to your local department store, picking up some cheap flannelette and birdseye cotton. Don't have to be a rocket scientist to see where I'm going with this, and it should be fairly easy to make a simple diaper.(Nothing fancy, just a basic pin on diaper...)

Other posts from the past have suggested grocery bags coupled with large towels, or even lots of cheap underwear. Personally, I don't think any of those things *really* work well, but are more of a desperation act. You *could* also buy some cheap diapers at your local store as well, they're not the most absorbent(Typically, unless you go to a store with a good medical section, or a dedicated med. supply shop), but are better than trying to fool around with kitchen towels(Might I say - I'd rather not dry my dishes with something I've defecated on).

Quote Originally Posted by NaughtyPants View Post
    Hey guys, as you can see this is my first post in this forum! Feels wonderful

Now let's get to the point of my thread...
    I have never actually tried a diaper since I was a baby because I can't get hold of diapers due to the fact that I currently live with my parents and they would notice if I bought some and I have no siblings either.

What I like is not the diapers but the feeling and pure "naughtyness" of pooping and peeing myself so I am currently using my everyday underwear to do this.
    However, I use something else to put in my pants so that I definitely don't get any poo-stains in my underwear.

This is where I am kinda lost, I need a good tip for something that I can use that's relatively easy to wash by hand and that most people have in their homes. At the moment it's kitchen towels but they are kind of tricky to was so I'd rather use something else, do you guys know any good material?

PS. I hope that it's allowed to discuss this in this forum even though it's a "diaper-forum" because I can't find any good forum for my subject and I'd love to try diapers one day!
    Do you drive? Do you have your own car? You can hide your stash in your trunk until your parents go to bed or before they get up. Since you have no siblings you can easily hide them in your room, unless mom does room searches. As stated above, there are cheap diapers, even Depends. If you're small enough, Goodnights might work for you. If you use cloth or some other material, use plastic pants or bags to keep them from leaking. Be creative! Good luck! And please stop using dish towels. At least bath towels are meant for bodies anyway.

NaughtyPants

Quote Originally Posted by zipperless View Post
    Do you drive? Do you have your own car? You can hide your stash in your trunk until your parents go to bed or before they get up. Since you have no siblings you can easily hide them in your room, unless mom does room searches. As stated above, there are cheap diapers, even Depends. If you're small enough, Goodnights might work for you. If you use cloth or some other material, use plastic pants or bags to keep them from leaking. Be creative! Good luck! And please stop using dish towels. At least bath towels are meant for bodies anyway.
    I looked up "inserts" on Google which you gave me a tip about in another thread and I think they would work just fine for me but you see, I live in Sweden and I'm not sure what the correct translation of "inserts" are and neither does Google Translate so do you know any better/more correct word for what inserts are called?

Never mind, found it out now
    Last edited by NaughtyPants; 29-Apr-2013 at 17:06. Reason: Found it out

If you wear briefs, buy a sample pack of Depend's Men fit kit. I has 2 male guards and 2 pull up diapers (one is Small, one is Large). I stuck the guard in my underwear and wore it the whole day. About the closest feeling to a diaper, and the fit kit is small so you can hide it in your closet or backpack. Hope things go well!

From around the house huh?

A couple of old t-shirts can be a good substitute. Just wear them under your briefs so they will stay in place. If you plan to wet add a towel or two with the t-shirt against your skin.

There are a number of ways to create a makeshift diaper but I wonder if tis is really necessary. When I was a kid, younger than you, it took a while to figure out what I could get away with diaper wise. Over time I figured out that the makeshift route was actually more work, harder to deal with and ultimately riskier. Diapers are pretty easy to get and surprisingly easy to smuggle into a house. As zipperless suggests you can use the trunk of your car as a hiding place if you drive. Regardless I would buy a single pack of diapers at a time and I would dispose of the used ones double plastic bagged and right after you use them.

Disposables are much easier to change and clean up after, can just be disposed of when you are done and have the advantage of containing wetness better.

Quote Originally Posted by NaughtyPants View Post

This is where I am kinda lost, I need a good tip for something that I can use that's relatively easy to wash by hand and that most people have in their homes. At the moment it's kitchen towels but they are kind of tricky to wash so I'd rather use something else, do you guys know any good material?
    For messing, just use a paper towel to line briefs style underwear. You may need to double layer the paper towels depending on the brand.

For wetting, I had good luck making makeshift diapers out of a plastic shopping bag and a hand towel (a small garbage bag can also work if you're not as thin as I was). I'd cut two holes in the front of the bag, step into it and pull it halfway up, then hold a towel between my legs as I pulled it the rest of the way up. The handles could be tied together in the front and functioned as a sort of belt/drawstring. It would leak like crazy, but that was fine since I'd only do it in the bathroom while standing in the tub just before taking a shower (which also provided a convenient way to both rinse out the hand towel before putting it in the wash and also cover the noise of the plastic bag)

Hi and welcome!

I only recently have moved out of my parents' house, so I feel your pain. Firstly (and this is just my experience) there isn't really much of a substitute for diapers themselves. They are damn good at what they do, and DIY makeshifts arn't even 1% as good. The good news however is there are ways to obtain diapers quite sneakily. You can order them online (or even postal order on some sites) and also you may be able to get them delivered via collect plus (how I get mined delivered), which means they don't get posted to your house, you pick them up nearby. However, if you're younger than 18 and/or your parents are particularly nosy (I know mine are...) these methods may still be impossible :/. For me I just ended up waiting until University (during term time I live close by my Uni, so away from my parents). If you want to go ahead with DIY diapers though, what people before me have already have said is your best bet. Good luck man!

Get a hold of fleece.
    A fleece blanket, shirt or fabric from a fabric store.

It's used in modern cloth diaper as the first layer touching the skin. Wetness pass trough and don't soak it, making you feel dry. And Poop don't stick to it.
    You can then layer cotton or any other absorbant material under.

Hey, welcome!

man oh man, the days of substituting by making your own; I don't envy you there. I lived in shared houses for many years so there was no way I was gonna buy them at that point in time. I only started buying when I moved in with my partner (and she knew i was into this stuff.) Before that i made em with bags and towels. There's a lot to be said for making something with a bit of elastic, some white masking tape, a reasonably sturdy white bag and a good deal of kitchen towel. That said, if you give the real adult diapers a go, you'll never go back! I know I couldn't!